• Three Point shooting

Votes: 11 15.1%
  • Three point defense

Votes: 15 20.5%

• Total voters

mushroomgod_1

All-American
Apr 9, 2012
I had to laugh when I saw Danc begin a comment with "What pisses me off the most....", because there are so many things that piss me off about this team. So I thought I'd attempt a poll on the matter. Maximum of 2 choices. I maxed out on responses, so I apologize if I've left your's out.

I had to laugh when I saw Danc begin a comment with "What pisses me off the most....", because there are so many things that piss me off about this team. So I thought I'd attempt a poll on the matter. Maximum of 2 choices. I maxed out on responses, so I apologize if I've left your's out.
I wouldn't limit it to MR, but I'd say just overall rebounding, because it's really just effort.

I am going to go with all of the above.

What are the positives of this program right now?!

Aside from Reneau, Mbako, and Gabe, I dont see much of a future, and who knows if Mbako will be a part of it.

Its just depressing

Has anyone actually compared Malik's rebounding numbers to opposing players in a comparable role* on other teams?

*Other fours and/or secondary rebounders.

I get that he ball watches too much and could improve but when compared to his competitive peers there's no difference really, he's about average? He may not be a good rebounder but he's not a horrible one like most are portraying him to be ...

From a quick glance it seems the bigs aren't the major problem when it comes to rebounding. The perimeter players may be ones getting outhustled on long rebounds. It could be argued that him ball watching is causing that but that's reaching.

So where did this exaggerated non issue come from? Did one of you bleat he can't rebound based on being angry, ignorant and/or drunk and others just took it as gospel because it fits the emotionally biased narrative?

Can you guys just whine about what's actually wrong with the team?

Last edited:
I am happy there is 8 days in between games. I hate it that I feel like a break is needed because I love IU Basketball so much.

Has anyone actually compared Malik's rebounding numbers to opposing players in a comparable role* on other teams?

*Other fours and/or secondary rebounders.

I get that he ball watches too much and could improve but when compared to his competitive peers there's no difference really, he's about average? He may not be a good rebounder but he's not a horrible one like most are portraying him to be ...

From a quick glance it seems the bigs aren't the major problem when it comes to rebounding. The perimeter players may be ones getting outhustled on long rebounds. It could be argued that him ball watching is causing that but that's reaching.

So where did this exaggerated non issue come from? Did one of you bleat he can't rebound based on being angry, ignorant and/or drunk and others just took it as gospel because it fits the emotionally biased narrative?

Can you guys just whine about what's actually wrong with the team?
But what you said is at the center of what is wrong with this team...

If MR watches the ball too much, and can improve, then he needs to quit watching the ball and damn well improve. Point blank.

Too many of these players are content with being freaking "average." From MR all the way down to Leal, who's content with just being on the team for 4 years. That's BS. I want guys who are p!ssed off when somebody scores on them, p!ssed off when they miss a free throw, p!ssed off when they aren't good enough to get minutes, p!ssed off when they lose. And not that immature PO'd where you punch someone in the nuts... but where you bare down, grind it out and say ENOUGH!

That's F'ing Indiana basketball... and looking at your avatar, you should know that. If you still don't get it, go rewatch the last game, but watch the other red team instead.

What pisses me off:

Macro: lack of identity, no established culture and seemingly little discipline or accountability.

Micro: outdated offense focused on post play while perimeter guys stand and watch. Apparent poor execution of defense yet no adjustments to a style more suited to personnel. I say apparent because I can’t believe the results are what the coaches are shooting for. Lack of rebounding which is a reflection of effort. Awful shot selection, which include a lot of long 2’s taken by guys who don’t and seemingly cannot make them. Inability of players to recognize open teammates, often driving into a cadre of 2-3 defenders.

Reactions: Ty Webb iu
None of the above. If sports actually made me angry in any way I wouldn't watch. It's nothing but entertainment not a reason to whine.
Dumb...if you weren't "in any way" angry with the IU Purdue game...well, I don't believe you weren't.

What, on earth, is a fan message board about rather than to discuss the highs and lows of the subject team?

IU sucks right now, and the problems should be fixable...its not outlandish to be angry about it...and then to vent about that on this message board.

"Maximum of 2 choices" needs to be in the title. Most people will take the survey before reading other posts. The only reason I read a followup post first was because it didn't make sense to say, "what bothers you THE MOST" and then say multiple choices are allowed. I would have kept it at one post only. Obviously, a lot of things are wrong with this team, but there can be only one MOST in the minds of Mankind.

What pisses me off:

Macro: lack of identity, no established culture and seemingly little discipline or accountability.

Micro: outdated offense focused on post play while perimeter guys stand and watch. Apparent poor execution of defense yet no adjustments to a style more suited to personnel. I say apparent because I can’t believe the results are what the coaches are shooting for. Lack of rebounding which is a reflection of effort. Awful shot selection, which include a lot of long 2’s taken by guys who don’t and seemingly cannot make them. Inability of players to recognize open teammates, often driving into a cadre of 2-3 defenders.
I needed more lines

Lack of effort is the only answer, imo. IU does not play as hard as other good teams. That's unacceptable.
I see that "not showing up ready to play" was the #1 answer. I think most of us at a minimum expect BT-level basketball players to play really hard most of the time for most games. Playing intelligently is step 2. That may be elusive for particular players due to lack of experience, low basketball IQ, or poor coaching. Playing intelligently should be a more elusive goal than playing hard.

Dumb...if you weren't "in any way" angry with the IU Purdue game...well, I don't believe you weren't.

What, on earth, is a fan message board about rather than to discuss the highs and lows of the subject team?

IU sucks right now, and the problems should be fixable...its not outlandish to be angry about it...and then to vent about that on this message board.
Sorry but I wasn't ... I just don't roll like that. Yes IU sucks right now. So? It has very little impact on my life other than the time wasted to watch it.

Enjoy your group hug, it's apparent you need it ..

Sorry but I wasn't ... I just don't roll like that. Yes IU sucks right now. So? It has very little impact on my life other than the time wasted to watch it.

Enjoy your group hug, it's apparent you need it ..
You're lying...and it doesn't make you seem smarter or more cool.

You figure out the Iowa presses yet? Or does Google not cover that?

You're lying...and it doesn't make you seem smarter or more cool.

You figure out the Iowa presses yet? Or does Google not cover that?
Sorry I hurt your feelings by not being angry about a game. I don't get why that bothers you but whatever.

You do a good job posting because unlike others you give some reasoning but you really suck at shit talking .. if you want to get really angry keep yappin', I may not get angry much but I'm really good at pissing off the slack jawed and weaker minded.. it's a hobby .... just ask Asshat George, he wants to fight me.

One suggestion before I go and enjoy this evening: This is pointed more to the bleaters and slack jaws, not you. I think the drinking is what's impacting y'alls mood. Alcohol increases estrogen levels in males until they become emotional little girls ... some of you may need to drink less and grow a pair before watching something so stressful...

TIA

Sorry I hurt your feelings by not being angry about a game.

I don't get why that bothers you but whatever. You do a good job posting because unlike others you give some reasoning but you really suck at shit talking .. if you want to really get angry keep yappin', I may not get angry much but I'm really good at pissing off the slack jawed and weaker minded.. it's a hobby .... just ask George, he wants to fight me.

One suggestion before I go and enjoy this evening: This is pointed more to the bleaters and slack jaws, not you. I think the drinking is what's impacting y'alls mood. Alcohol increases estrogen levels in males until they become emotional little girls ... some of you may need to drink less and grow a pair.

TIA
Ha ha! Fair enough. Not sure why you get bothered enough to call us hormonal posters out though??

No chance you weren't pissed at any point in the last couple games. You just choose not to post about it. Cool...you do you...

Sorry I hurt your feelings by not being angry about a game. I don't get why that bothers you but whatever.

You do a good job posting because unlike others you give some reasoning but you really suck at shit talking .. if you want to get really angry keep yappin', I may not get angry much but I'm really good at pissing off the slack jawed and weaker minded.. it's a hobby .... just ask Asshat George, he wants to fight me.

One suggestion before I go and enjoy this evening: This is pointed more to the bleaters and slack jaws, not you. I think the drinking is what's impacting y'alls mood. Alcohol increases estrogen levels in males until they become emotional little girls ... some of you may need to drink less and grow a pair before watching something so stressful...

TIA
What’s with you and all your “slack-jaw” references used to demean others? You’re obsessed with people of slacker jaws, those of more retrognathic leanings. Were you infatuated with Barney Fife or Wally Peepers as a youth? Perhaps you were a slack-jawed adolescent yourself until the folks got you orthognathic surgery for mandibular advancement, transforming you into a Clutch Cargo look-alike with newly found confidence to now mock others of lesser facial profile. FWIW, Scott May was often described as the “lantern-jawed” Scott May. He had a very prominent chin, the opposite defect of Andy Griffin’s sidekick of slackness.

TIA
“he wants to fight me.”

That must be a long queue. Does Cav keep a sign-up sheet?. Knowing Cav there must be an entry fee, how much?

Last edited:
What’s with you and all your “slack-jaw” references used to demean others? You’re obsessed with people of slacker jaws, those of more retrognathic leanings. Were you infatuated with Barney Fife or Wally Peepers as a youth? Perhaps you were a slack-jawed adolescent yourself until the folks got you orthognathic surgery for mandibular advancement, transforming you into a Clutch Cargo look-alike with newly found confidence to now mock others of lesser facial profile. FWIW, Scott May was often described as the “lantern-jawed” Scott May. He had a very prominent chin, the opposite defect of Andy Griffin’s sidekick of slackness.
Clutch Cargo, LOL.

I saw 5 that could easily have been chosen.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT