ADVERTISEMENT

Coaching meltdown.

Inexcusable. Roster. Management.

I think a big thing that happened is that because the OL was so strong for several years, Wilson gambled and gave up a few scholarship spots that probably should have gone to OL to try and help out on defense. Same thing happened with WR as well. And then with the few OL/WR we did recruit (specifically 2013/2014 classes), we had a bad track record keeping them on the team, with half the OL recruits and 2/3rds of the WR recruits leaving the program within a year or 2. This resulted in IU have really thin/young OL/WR units in 2016, that were both probably the weakest of Wilson's seasons

Reactions: IUCol
I think a big thing that happened is that because the OL was so strong for several years, Wilson gambled and gave up a few scholarship spots that probably should have gone to OL to try and help out on defense. Same thing happened with WR as well. And then with the few OL/WR we did recruit (specifically 2013/2014 classes), we had a bad track record keeping them on the team, with half the OL recruits and 2/3rds of the WR recruits leaving the program within a year or 2. This resulted in IU have really thin/young OL/WR units in 2016, that were both probably the weakest of Wilson's seasons

No argument, but as I tell our executive team; you wear the results.

Dimitric Camiel, a multi year starter, also missed much of that season due to injury.
Wait a minute. You said injuries are just an excuse. Every team has them. Tom Allen doesn't get a pass for last year because of all the injured starters. Which is it Ord? You can't have it both ways.

Up to the last few days you've done pretty well (for you) under your latest alias. Seems like you are beginning to revert to old habits with the changing arguments, denying your own previous posts, trotting out the tired and predictable "anyone who knows football..." argument, posting opinion as fact and demanding everyone else prove their statements, claiming inside insight into the IU athletic program that the rest of us know you don't have, etc.

Looks like the wheels are starting to loosen a bit on your fragile grip on reality and you are slipping dangerously into Ord, HelenDell, Kern County, IUDanapoint territory. It may be time to get back to the clinic to get your meds fixed or get another shock treatment.

Why not take a few days off, change usernames for the twentieth time, and come back with yet another persona. It might even be awhile before the board figures it out. Looks like the latest round of personal warfare with Paterade and Palm Beach have taken a toll. You're slipping again and it's getting more and more difficult to conceal your fraudulent claims of inside knowledge and football acumen.

Get well and come back a new man. Again.

Last edited:
Wait a minute. You said injuries are just an excuse. Every team has them. Tom Allen doesn't get a pass for last year because of all the injured starters. Which is it Ord? You can't have it both ways.

Up to the last few days you've done pretty well (for you) under your latest alias. Seems like you are beginning to revert to old habits with the changing arguments, denying your own previous posts, trotting out the tired and predictable "anyone who knows football..." argument, posting opinion as fact and demanding everyone else prove their statements, claiming inside insight into the IU athletic program that the rest of us know you don't have, etc.

Looks like the wheels are starting to loosen a bit on your fragile grip on reality and you are slipping dangerously into Ord, HelenDell, Kern County, IUDanapoint territory. It may be time to get back to the clinic to get your meds fixed or get another shock treatment.

Why not take a few days off, change usernames for the twentieth time, and come back with yet another persona. It might even be awhile before the board figures it out. Looks like the latest round of personal warfare with Paterade and Palm Beach have taken a toll. You're slipping again and it's getting more and more difficult to conceal your fraudulent claims of inside knowledge and football acumen.

Get well and come back a new man. Again.
Your schtick gets really old, mostly because it’s so uninformed. At one point, that O line was missing 4 of the 5 starters. When did Allen have close to that attrition? Try to inform yourself going forward and you won’t continue to look so stupid here.

Can’t use injuries as an excuse every team has them.
Agree that the Allen excuses weren’t valid. Was only countering the uninformed notion that Wilson and Frey mismanaged the O line. At one time, 80% of the starters weren’t playing. That’s not an issue of mismanagement unless someone is pushing an agenda.

Last edited:
Agree that the Allen excuses weren’t valid. Wasnonly countering the uninformed notion that Wilson and Frey mismanaged the O line. At one time, 80% of the starters weren’t playing. That’s not an issue of mismanagement unless someone is pushing an agenda.

Cronk/Martin/Rogers started every game in 2016, so there was never more than 40% of the starters missing.

Though the main point is that the backups that were playing and struggling in 2016 were the projected starters the following year that continued to struggle because Feeney, Camiel, Rogers were all graduating anyway (in addition to a backup in Bailey). So when I suggest mismanagement, its that there wasn't adequate talent/development for depth in 2016 and the starting unit in 2017.

Yes injuries hurt the 2016 line, but those injuries just telegraphed that the OL was set to implode the following year because of a lack of talent/depth.

Last edited:
You mean like you.
My agenda is engaging in a candid discussion of IU football. That’s never been your agenda or most people’s here, which is fine. Just don’t try to pretend otherwise, it misstate your background in the process. It was easily revealed when you tried to get technical and couldn’t.

Cronk/Martin/Rogers started every game in 2016, so there was never more than 40% of the starters missing.

Though the main point is that the backups that were playing and struggling in 2016 were the projected starters the following year that continued to struggle because Feeney, Camiel, Rogers were all graduating anyway (in addition to a backup in Bailey). So when I suggest mismanagement, its that there wasn't adequate talent/development for depth in 2016 and the starting unit in 2017.

Yes injuries hurt the 2016 line, but those injuries just telegraphed that the OL was set to implode the following year because of a lack of talent/depth.
Rogers was never intended to be a starter, and we’ve seen that Martin simply hasn’t developed under the recent coaching.

My agenda is engaging in a candid discussion of IU football. That’s never been your agenda or most people’s here, which is fine. Just don’t try to pretend otherwise, it misstate your background in the process. It was easily revealed when you tried to get technical and couldn’t.
You got me I have never been on sideline in my life. Lol . You can believe that all you want I have nothing to prove to you. So why don’t explain to all of us on here cover 2 and try to do it without YouTube or google. Tell me who has flat coverage . Who has hook curl responsibility? Who has deep halves? Also is cover 2 strictly a zone coverage? What areas should you attack in? What routes should you use? I will be eagerly awaiting your response since you like to show off your knowledge Ian sure others are also waiting to be schooled up.

You got me I have never been on sideline in my life. Lol . You can believe that all you want I have nothing to prove to you. So why don’t explain to all of us on here cover 2 and try to do it without YouTube or google. Tell me who has flat coverage . Who has hook curl responsibility? Who has deep halves? Also is cover 2 strictly a zone coverage? What areas should you attack in? What routes should you use? I will be eagerly awaiting your response since you like to show off your knowledge Ian sure others are also waiting to be schooled up.
I explained it to you once and you didn’t have a grasp of either the broad strokes or nuances of that defense. You weren’t able to discuss it in spite of several clear examples of how it was played at a high level, some very close to where you live. You tried to backpedal but you couldn’t.

As for your agenda, your primary issue with me and a few others is with your perception that we’re negative. It’s not with our knowledge or understanding of IU football or how they’ve performed, but rather with the candor with which we’ve pointed out certain unpleasant and unsuccessful aspects of the program. That’s fine, and no one is telling you that this can’t primarily be a pep rally for you. But those of us who choose to address the realities of what’s actually happening aren’t going to soften it up, as much as you’d like us to. I realize that upsets you and causes you to exaggerate the content of our posts, but that only reinforces what you’re here for.

I explained it to you once and you didn’t have a grasp of either the broad strokes or nuances of that defense. You weren’t able to discuss it in spite of several clear examples of how it was played at a high level, some very close to where you live. You tried to backpedal but you couldn’t.

As for your agenda, your primary issue with me and a few others is with your perception that we’re negative. It’s not with our knowledge or understanding of IU football or how they’ve performed, but rather with the candor with which we’ve pointed out certain unpleasant and unsuccessful aspects of the program. That’s fine, and no one is telling you that this can’t primarily be a pep rally for you. But those of us who choose to address the realities of what’s actually happening aren’t going to soften it up, as much as you’d like us to. I realize that upsets you and causes you to exaggerate the content of our posts, but that only reinforces what you’re here for.
The response I expected you have no idea!!

Reactions: Courtsensetwo

Maybe you can answer this easy question is Tampa 2 a cover 2 defense?

Can’t you find the answer?
And this is exactly what I expected from you. You obviously didn’t know about the cover 2 / Tampa 2 when I initially had to explain it to you, and it obviously called into question your “coaching” credentials. Your embarrassment at being exposed again is understandable.

And this is exactly what I expected from you. You obviously didn’t know about the cover 2 / Tampa 2 when I initially had to explain it to you, and it obviously called into question your “coaching” credentials. Your embarrassment at being exposed again is understandable.
Your next name should be No Facts since you never present any.

It is not a cover 2 it is a 3 deep as the mike linebacker has the deep middle and the safeties have outside thirds. Thought you would fall for it. Still waiting on my clinic.
Sorry, but your trip through google is now even more obvious, as is your tale of coaching. Of course, you were also the same guy who said Mike DeBord practices the same offensive philosophy as Red Faught, so I’m not surprised you keep struggling with the cover 2. The pep rally is definitely your level of expertise.

Sorry, but your trip through google is now even more obvious, as is your tale of coaching. Of course, you were also the same guy who said Mike DeBord practices the same offensive philosophy as Red Faught, so I’m not surprised you keep struggling with the cover 2. The pep rally is definitely your level of expertise.
Still no facts you can’t help me!

Just waiting to see if he will ever post a fact
It’s a fact that you lifted your recent cover 2 / Tampa 2 post from an easily found wiki article, and it’s a fact that I had to originally explain those defensive philosophies to you when you obviously weren’t familiar with them. You falsely claimed safeties, specifically the strong safety, didn’t offer run support in those defenses, and two of the three players I cited as direct evidence that they did weren’t familiar names to you. It’s also a fact that you dropped DeBord’s name and then idiotically claimed his offensive philosophy came from Red Faught. You need to find a pep rally because you’ve blown your cover here.

It’s a fact that you lifted your recent cover 2 / Tampa 2 post from an easily found wiki article, and it’s a fact that I had to originally explain those defensive philosophies to you when you obviously weren’t familiar with them. You falsely claimed safeties, specifically the strong safety, didn’t offer run support in those defenses, and two of the three players I cited as direct evidence that they did weren’t familiar names to you. It’s also a fact that you dropped DeBord’s name and then idiotically claimed his offensive philosophy came from Red Faught. You need to find a pep rally because you’ve blown your cover here.
You amaze me if strong safety is primary run support who has deep half?

You amaze me if strong safety is primary run support who has deep half?
You lifted your comments directly from a wiki article. Nothing could underscore what a fraud you are more than that. And not realizing the run support role players like John Lynch, Bob Sanders and Mike Brown playedbin that defense even further shows you had no idea about any of this.

And yes coach Debord as with coach Faught ball control passing attack used to set up the run game. Then when the defense came up would hit them over the top. Especially loved the wheel route. Which you have seen a couple times this year.
DeBo doesn’t now nor has he ever followed the “throw first” Faught philosophy. You must not have followed him through the years, and I doubt if there’s a wiki page for you to study.

Just wondering if I did get it from wiki hoe do you know why were you looking ?

DeBo doesn’t now nor has he ever followed the “throw first” Faught philosophy. You must not have followed him through the years, and I doubt if there’s a wiki page for you to study.
Really not at Michigan necessarily but ball control. You really need to stop pretending no can fool no one. The fact that you never talk football is dead give away you are a fraud.

You lifted your comments directly from a wiki article. Nothing could underscore what a fraud you are more than that. And not realizing the run support role players like John Lynch, Bob Sanders and Mike Brown playedbin that defense even further shows you had no idea about any of this.
You cite 3 above average players that are exception not the rule. Also talk about players not scheme.

Just wondering if I did get it from wiki hoe do you know why were you looking ?
Because you entered a level of specificity that I knew was well beyond your knowledge base. And, incredibly, it was easily discovered that you lifted most of your post directly from the wiki article. Nothing could be more desperate on your part.

Really not at Michigan necessarily but ball control. You really need to stop pretending no can fool no one. The fact that you never talk football is dead give away you are a fraud.
Why would I continue to try and talk football with someone who lifted large parts of a post directly from Wikipedia? You outed yourself as a complete and utter fraud, and we both know it.

I left the basketball board because a certain poster would fill it with mind numbing post after post and that person would get banned every time but came back. If Larry is allowed to stay on here then people will probably find other places to discuss IU football.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT