ADVERTISEMENT

Coaching meltdown.

This is so disappointing on every level.

The staff decision making has looked amateur all year. Allen’s lost any bit of success he had before with the defense, play calling is incredibly dumb, and the team just looks awful and foolish. As I’ve said in more than one week this year, Allen is a nice man, but he’s not the right man. He’s gotta go soon or we’ll be set back to dinardo levels.

2 coaching penalties and a sideline warning. Never seen that before. What happens next? Coach is tossed?

T-ball level coaching staff in all aspects.
Some of you people will never have anything good to say. I love CTA’s fire and passion.
For all his passion, the results are the same, beat bad teams, lose to even half way decent teams, struggle to even win six. Same old IU Football.

I want the assistants and players to have fire and passion, I want the head coach to be calm and cool.

If a player would lose his composure CTA would yank him immediately. When CTA is ranting his head is out of the game. And then the asst coaches are not doing their job because they are babysitters.

I am a CTC (edit: I meant CTA) fan but this cannot happen.

Last edited:
Put an extending tether on him that only stretches so far. Kinda like a dog collar. Bitch all you want TA, but they are way less likely to call when you aren't 10 yards on the field.

If a player would lose his composure CTA would yank him immediately. When CTA is ranting his head is out of the game. And then the asst coaches are not doing their job because they are babysitters.

I am a CTC fan but this cannot happen.
Yeah, he's explicitly said that's how he wants it. Players stay focused and he deals with the refs.

Reactions: vesuvius13
This is so disappointing on every level.

THIS is what has you most upset about the coaching that we’ve seen today? Seriously? I’ll slam him for the apparent lack of preparation but I’m not going to rip him for this. I thought he showed some restraint under the circumstances. If it were me out there, Glass would be firing me at halftime and I’d be on the phone with my attorney right now trying to figure out if I was going catch a misdemeanor battery charge. These officials aren’t even using Vaseline...

THIS is what has you most upset about the coaching that we’ve seen today? Seriously? I’ll slam him for the apparent lack of preparation but I’m not going to rip him for this. I thought he showed some restraint under the circumstances. If it were me out there, Glass would be firing me at halftime and I’d be on the phone with my attorney right now trying to figure out if I was going catch a misdemeanor battery charge. These officials aren’t even using Vaseline...
Just stop. We’re getting completely blown out by Iowa at home. It’s not officiating. This is ridiculous.

Yet Vandy and Florida's coaches were yelling at each other..And both sidelines cleared..
Much bigger programs than IU..
Meh..Good for Allen. .

Some of you people will never have anything good to say. I love CTA’s fire and passion.
See what I mean? Why would you say that? Everyone will have good things to say when they see good things. Some of YOU will never criticize anything IU does, even if they put swastikas on the helmets, you'd support it. I mean good grief man, how could THAT be your reaction to continued inexcusable penalties by the coaching staff? I love Allen's passion too, but that doesn't mean it's always a good thing at any time for any reason.

Per Allen, I admit I'd like to see him a bit more control, but he's got passion which is a good thing. How he's managing the whole staff is what can fairly be asked and judged.

We’re not getting blown out right now because of those sideline penalties either, btw. This is a total lack of preparation and effort. THAT’S what we should be pissed about. Get your priorities straight.
Agree. The sideline stuff is just amateurish. But not why we’re getting throttled.

Reactions: IUgradman
We’re not getting blown out right now because of those sideline penalties either, btw. This is a total lack of preparation and effort. THAT’S what we should be pissed about. Get your priorities straight.
It's a total failure this week. Very...beyond disappointing actually, this is just remedial. Total back to the drawing board situation. Clean slate. This is a tough day though, I'm seeing things that are...very concerning, long term.

It's a total failure this week. Very...beyond disappointing actually, this is just remedial. Total back to the drawing board situation. Clean slate. This is a tough day though, I'm seeing things that are...very concerning, long term.

I said before the season that I expected this to be the transition year. Without any resemblance of a D-Line, a bowl game alone is an improvement I didn't see coming this year. Next year is when I expect something big.

I said before the season that I expected this to be the transition year. Without any resemblance of a D-Line, a bowl game alone is an improvement I didn't see coming this year. Next year is when I expect something big.
Oh no. Not already. Still a lot of season left. Please save the excuses for later.

Reactions: Larryismyname
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT