ADVERTISEMENT

Coaching hires…

bsmitty08

Hall of Famer
Mar 1, 2004
One of the best coaching hires recently I would say you have to go with Iowa St.
They went 2-22 and fired Proehm and hired TJ.
Now he is looking at 3 straight NCAA’s(sweet 16 anfter they were 2-22 previous year) appearances, and this year looking like a top 10 team. Impressive start to his career. Also not an easy place to recruit.

• Sad
Reactions: kkott and Willdog7
One of the best coaching hires recently I would say you have to go with Iowa St.
Now he is looking at 3 straight NCAA’s(sweet 16 anfter they were 2-22 previous year) appearances, and this year looking like a top 10 team. Impressive start to his career. Also not an easy place to recruit.
Someone recently posted this on the premie:

And this is in today’s Indy Star:

Check out this article from IndyStar:

Something special is happening with Indiana State basketball, and Terre Haute is in love.

ISU just beat Kansas yesterday. They are rolling.

Reactions: kkott
Ames Iowa loves college basketball!

Reactions: bsmitty08
Side note…Iowa St player has Bloomington connections. The 1997 Bloomington North team had a bench player on it named Adam Hawley. His son Conrad was originally a KU QB but transferred to ISU as a BB player. Look him up.

A coach in Iowa that would be a good fit for IU is DeVries from Drake.

Drake had Miami beat last year in the tournament, that was a senior led team. This year Drake has a bunch of young guys and DeVries son, and they're even better, averaging 80ppg.

Side note…Iowa St player has Bloomington connections. The 1997 Bloomington North team had a bench player on it named Adam Hawley. His son Conrad was originally a KU QB but transferred to ISU as a BB player. Look him up.
Yes, i have Iowa State season tickets and Conrad is a walk on. Seems like a good kid.

Reactions: Victorbmyboy
He was my response in your “realistic coaching options “, and I was laughed at.
cast a wide net, whenever we look again. If we went with the "hottest name" we'd have never hired a 30 year old from Army. It's our best chance at finding another "program changer": identify an up and comer and take a chance, imo. Both ISU guys should be on the list if it was this year.

Yes, i have Iowa State season tickets and Conrad is a walk on. Seems like a good kid.
Great family. His dad is a pretty cool guy. I hung out with him a bit back in the day. I think he ended up playing for Keith Smart in Texas at a juco or naia college.

A coach in Iowa that would be a good fit for IU is DeVries from Drake.

Drake had Miami beat last year in the tournament, that was a senior led team. This year Drake has a bunch of young guys and DeVries son, and they're even better, averaging 80ppg.
A coach from the Missouri Valley? Really? Wow, such low standards for this program. Hell, might as well just hire Archie again.

Our next coaching search will be simple: Find a coach that can run an offense without any shooters, because we all know by now there aren’t any shooters to be found around here.

Reactions: bailey777
A coach from the Missouri Valley? Really? Wow, such low standards for this program. Hell, might as well just hire Archie again.
Guessing you only watch IU play. Saw Drake play last year in Albany right before IU and the movement, passing and intensity level was night and day compared to IU. Fun to watch.

And FWIW, Painter was Missouri Valley, Brad Stevens Horizon. If you can coach, you can coach.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT