ADVERTISEMENT

Christmas gift ideas for men

BradStevens

All-Big Ten
Silver Member
Sep 7, 2023
Every year for Christmas, the hardest part for me is coming up with a gift list to give my family to buy for me. My wife constantly bitches about it. I hate most junk gifts that I will never use, and for some reason my wife gets pissed if I say "how about making my a coupon book of I'll- leave- you- the- fvck- alone- and- not- bother- you- for- two- hours certificates I can use."

So, I'm looking for the best gift ideas for men. Something I'd like, use, and would never buy for myself or think of.

Every year for Christmas, the hardest part for me is coming up with a gift list to give my family to buy for me. My wife constantly bitches about it. I hate most junk gifts that I will never use, and for some reason my wife gets pissed if I say "how about making my a coupon book of I'll- leave- you- the- fvck- alone- and- not- bother- you- for- two- hours certificates I can use."

So, I'm looking for the best gift ideas for men. Something I'd like, use, and would never buy for myself or think of.
Number #1 is Bitcoin. A distant distant second is something you would wear, but never buy for yourself. Mine are coats, jackets, or sweaters. I run hot and rarely buy anything heavier than a t-shirt for myself.

I’m a big vest guy now, but acknowledge not everyone likes those.

How about a high end safety razor? I’ve seen some go for $250 plus for wet shaving but there are plenty less than that too.

iu

and if you don't use it let me know

I'll lowball you an offer

i like telling the kids i can't stop thinking about what they are going to get me for christmas. just please please please don't make it home made. the stuff from stores looks sooooooooooooooo much better. that used to really piss my daughter off. i genuinely cannot remember the last gift i ever got from family that was worth a shit. i have a buddy who sends me a big box of food every xmas from spots around chicago. it's the one gift i use and that makes me happy. there's also a website you can get on and send food from restaurants about anywhere. restaurants you see on the food network etc. it's pricey but awesome

Exactly. Anything I want I already have or can’t afford. I hate the holidays and winter
I'd suggest a book for you: I Don't Want To Talk About It by Terrence Real, but I think you're too invested in being macho. It might help your "weakness" though. Paperback for $10.99 on Amazon, $14.99 for the Kindle version . . . is that too much?

It takes a few years but eventually she will come around.

I told my wife after we had kids that I didn’t want any gifts and that I wouldn’t be buying anything for her. After a couple years of her buying me stuff and there being nothing for her….she came around to my way of thinking. She might whine for a bit but she will get over it. Or she will start visiting the neighbor…

I figured that by now, you would have started a list of the perfect Christmas gift for each member of this board.

I bought my own...a 2000 Corvette FRC, light metallic pewter, LS1, cammed, headers..6-speed, big brakes...the schizzle...

1) sweatpants from Lands End....seriously the most comfortable thing i own
2)mushroom starter kit, where they grow from a bag.....grow them and cook with them later....every cook i have given this to loves it.

I tell the wife/kid the same thing. If you can't think of anything cool, buy me another IU Hoodie. I'll wear it. I promise. Or yet another IU hat. Or mix it up and get me a Man U hoodie. This isn't hard.

I've been surprised exactly one time in 15 years.

I tell the wife/kid the same thing. If you can't think of anything cool, buy me another IU Hoodie. I'll wear it. I promise. Or yet another IU hat. Or mix it up and get me a Man U hoodie. This isn't hard.

I've been surprised exactly one time in 15 years.
i was so weak last year. danc knows. and among the presents i got from my daughter was one of those huge hershey's kisses. they come in that clear box. and on the outside of the box in marker, on every flat side, she wrote all of the things that i do that she appreciates and loves. i have it on my office shelf next to my ncaa stuff and all the other stuff i keep. once in a while they'll surprise you

i was so weak last year. danc knows. and among the presents i got from my daughter was one of those huge hershey's kisses. they come in that clear box. and on the outside of the box in marker, on every flat side, she wrote all of the things that i do that she appreciates and loves. i have it on my office shelf next to my ncaa stuff and all the other stuff i keep. once in a while they'll surprise you

Last year my kid got me a phone charger for an iPhone.

I've never owned an apple product in my life.

It's the thought that counts. 😄

dude, I'm going to get clothes. Which is fine.

I am an excellent gift giver. It's something I see as a challenge (for adults, not so much kids). Finding something they may have told you in passing was something they were interested in, etc. and then finding a related gift or pseudo related is something I actually enjoy doing.

Example:

My wife lost her engagement ring several years ago. So I bought her a new one (same style as the old one, same designer). She had no idea. I wrapped it in it's small box but then wrapped 8 other progressively larger gifts around it(cheap shit). So it was like the Russian nesting dolls of gifts. Until she opened the last box. Tears, the whole thing. Very dramatic. Blah blah blah.

I got a hoodie.

20 years ago, my son took a photo of he and his sister from when they were young and had a friend of his paint a water color from that photo. It’s been hanging above my dresser ever since.

My stoker surprised me with a BOSU ball several years ago. That would have never made my list, but it actually is pretty useful for a. Old fart.

Reactions: BradStevens
Last year my kid got me a phone charger for an iPhone.

I've never owned an apple product in my life.

It's the thought that counts. 😄
that's hilarious. if it makes you feel better she's done much of hte same. with the hershey's kiss she also got me an orange puma hat that rickie fowler or someone would wear with a flat bill. other times enormous incredibly gawdy watches that god knows where they came from etc.

dude, I'm going to get clothes. Which is fine.

I am an excellent gift giver. It's something I see as a challenge (for adults, not so much kids). Finding something they may have told you in passing was something they were interested in, etc. and then finding a related gift or pseudo related is something I actually enjoy doing.

Example:

My wife lost her engagement ring several years ago. So I bought her a new one (same style as the old one, same designer). She had no idea. I wrapped it in it's small box but then wrapped 8 other progressively larger gifts around it(cheap shit). So it was like the Russian nesting dolls of gifts. Until she opened the last box. Tears, the whole thing. Very dramatic. Blah blah blah.

I got a hoodie.

My wife is ALWAYS cold, like on deaths door cold, so she's getting a heated blanket. I'm a hot sleeper, so since we have a king size bed, she's getting a twin size.

She's also getting a sub to a chocolate club I found because, well, I like sex, and a heated blanket isn't gonna get it done. Chocolate will.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT