ADVERTISEMENT

Christmas gift ideas for men

il_fullxfull.4350886228_4mwk.jpg

I tell my wife if I wanted it I've probably already got it

or It's ridiculously expensive so save the time/cash

the reverse doesn't work when it comes to her though
Some friends of mine decided they would just decide what they want for Christmas and their birthdays and buy it themselves. They can do pretty much whatever they want within reason - shopping spree, trips, etc.

The guy told me he thinks that, in part, it saved his marriage.

I don't think that works for everyone though - as your last point illustrates.

Reactions: dr.jb
dude, I'm going to get clothes. Which is fine.

I am an excellent gift giver. It's something I see as a challenge (for adults, not so much kids). Finding something they may have told you in passing was something they were interested in, etc. and then finding a related gift or pseudo related is something I actually enjoy doing.

Example:

My wife lost her engagement ring several years ago. So I bought her a new one (same style as the old one, same designer). She had no idea. I wrapped it in it's small box but then wrapped 8 other progressively larger gifts around it(cheap shit). So it was like the Russian nesting dolls of gifts. Until she opened the last box. Tears, the whole thing. Very dramatic. Blah blah blah.

I got a hoodie.
nice

always good to bank some points for when the next time you fvck up

I dunno Murty....more soy in the diet and perhaps taking a flower-arranging class might help tone down your obviously toxic masculinity..
Although to his credit in one year he kicked his live in gf out, moved mine in, bought her a big rock, gave her a wedding, and bought her a house. Shit I didn’t do any of that in 8 years other than move her in

• Wow
Reactions: DANC
Every year for Christmas, the hardest part for me is coming up with a gift list to give my family to buy for me. My wife constantly bitches about it. I hate most junk gifts that I will never use, and for some reason my wife gets pissed if I say "how about making my a coupon book of I'll- leave- you- the- fvck- alone- and- not- bother- you- for- two- hours certificates I can use."

So, I'm looking for the best gift ideas for men. Something I'd like, use, and would never buy for myself or think of.
Easy. Really good ear plugs or noise-canceling headphones.

My bride is looking at buying a grand piano and replacing some furniture in the living room.

She doesn’t know how to play . . . “I want a new hobby.”

Good grief. . . .

Every year for Christmas, the hardest part for me is coming up with a gift list to give my family to buy for me. My wife constantly bitches about it. I hate most junk gifts that I will never use, and for some reason my wife gets pissed if I say "how about making my a coupon book of I'll- leave- you- the- fvck- alone- and- not- bother- you- for- two- hours certificates I can use."

So, I'm looking for the best gift ideas for men. Something I'd like, use, and would never buy for myself or think of.
Maybe MCM will give you free membership to the Dream Team.🤣

Neither my wife nor I have gotten gifts for years. I told our daughter long ago not to waste money on getting me something. She gets my wife a Precious Moments piece about every year and that is it. We already have too much junk... if we want more junk we'll buy it. :) Both my wife and I get stuff when we want it We do buy stuff for our daughter and husband.... and of course the two grandkids. It's fun to spoil them.

Maybe MCM will give you free membership to the Dream Team.🤣

Neither my wife nor I have gotten gifts for years. I told our daughter long ago not to waste money on getting me something. She gets my wife a Precious Moments piece about every year and that is it. We already have too much junk... if we want more junk we'll buy it. :) Both my wife and I get stuff when we want it We do buy stuff for our daughter and husband.... and of course the two grandkids. It's fun to spoil them.
you should surprise your wife with something nice this year then. she'll appreciate it.

Reactions: dr.jb
i like telling the kids i can't stop thinking about what they are going to get me for christmas. just please please please don't make it home made. the stuff from stores looks sooooooooooooooo much better. that used to really piss my daughter off. i genuinely cannot remember the last gift i ever got from family that was worth a shit. i have a buddy who sends me a big box of food every xmas from spots around chicago. it's the one gift i use and that makes me happy. there's also a website you can get on and send food from restaurants about anywhere. restaurants you see on the food network etc. it's pricey but awesome
Every birthday and Christmas - EVERY one - my sister-in-law gets me the most gawd-awful shirt that she thinks is really stylish - like something her husband would wear. He's about 5'6" and weigh about a buck twenty. Let's just say I'm not built quite that way. I guess those types of shirts look good on him.

She's NEVER seen me wearing one. NEVER. Yet she still spends good money buying them - and they're not cheap shirts.

Straight to Goodwill.

For your deli? I made you an amazing menu
No, i have retired my deli. This one was for me in Charlotte.

I wish I could find a place to ship a breaded pork tenderloin to me..... (hint if you're thinking of buying me a Christmas present)

• Haha
Reactions: mcmurtry66
My wife is ALWAYS cold, like on deaths door cold, so she's getting a heated blanket. I'm a hot sleeper, so since we have a king size bed, she's getting a twin size.

She's also getting a sub to a chocolate club I found because, well, I like sex, and a heated blanket isn't gonna get it done. Chocolate will.
Pajamagram. If they say 'naturally nude' once on their commercials, they say it a hundred times.

Although to his credit in one year he kicked his live in gf out, moved mine in, bought her a big rock, gave her a wedding, and bought her a house. Shit I didn’t do any of that in 8 years other than move her in
He's a playa!

• Sad
Reactions: mcmurtry66
Number #1 is Bitcoin. A distant distant second is something you would wear, but never buy for yourself. Mine are coats, jackets, or sweaters. I run hot and rarely buy anything heavier than a t-shirt for myself.
I couldn't imagine getting clothes or shoes from someone else beyond a specific ask.

Joggers that you can lounge around at home or even wear out casually. Tuck the elastic at the ankle under, so they look more like pants. IYKYK.

Ugg slippers that you can wear outside, or just as nice, but different functionally, Olukai lined Moloa slippers. The lined Moloa's are just their shoes that wear like slippers.

Ugg lined, calf high winter boots.

Don't wear socks with any of it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT