ADVERTISEMENT

Chris Christie on CSPAN

Nope. For the thousandth time I think the endless free cheese (child credits; foreclosure stays; rent stays; student loan stays; stim money; unemployment money;, etc.) and attack on oil contributed significantly to inflation, labor shortages, and supply chain issues. I think things would be better under Trump - 100%. I'd vote for a grape over BIden/Harris/Pete/Warren/AOC
Free cheese is not good (for God sake, they left it in your F'N mailbox but the people that have to eat it are not lazy or bad, and we did for a while). It took my Mom doing a lot of endless days of spaghetti to keep us in our house and what she needed to do, and us eating that shit for her to get her Master's, get a job, and get us through it all and us all go to college. Nobody likes a life of free cheese, my god, the chemicals that allowed it to come in the mailbox. I wouldn't touch a slice of Velveeta with a ten foot pole and I still hate pasta to this day. And you think free cheese is some luxury item for the poor, no, it's not, for most people now it's more like how can you keep your kids from not freaking out from living on it. What, are you identifying as Nero?

Free cheese is not good (for God sake, they left it in your F'N mailbox but the people that have to eat it are not lazy or bad, and we did for a while). It took my Mom doing a lot of endless days of spaghetti to keep us in our house and what she needed to do, and us eating that shit for her to get her Master's, get a job, and get us through it all and us all go to college. Nobody likes a life of free cheese, my god, the chemicals that allowed it to come in the mailbox. I wouldn't touch a slice of Velveeta with a ten foot pole and I still hate pasta to this day. And you think free cheese is some luxury item for the poor, no, it's not, for most people now it's more like how can you keep your kids from not freaking out from living on it. What, are you identifying as Nero?
The topic was inflation/supplies/labor and how stim in various forms contributed to same

Christie has an axe to grind. Everyone I know and do business with was thrilled with Trump. They loved his rhetoric on jobs and manufacturing, his approach to foreign policy and not being the world's cop, employment, black employment, gas, cost of living, on and on - times were just good - strikingly good compared to now with Covid raging and my $460 grocery bill for just a few days worth of shit. I like how Trump questioned things too. We're not just going to keep funding WHO until we get answers etc. The outsider that attracted people he bore "some" resemblance too - and that's why imo populists will continue to be viable

Trump's problems began with the summer of love and were compounded by Covid. He didn't have the skills required to handle a crisis. Throw in his off the charts narcissism and it was a disaster - the entire presidency ended in disaster really. He wasn't capable. All that said I think Biden has been far worse than Trump in terms of being an abject failure. If we had a Trump/Biden 2024 I'd vote for Trump without thinking twice. At least he'd send the Worm over to deal with Kim. Now we have alarms going off on the west coast from missiles.
Tiffany's has a grocery store?
Or did you restock the lobster supply?

Reactions: Bulk VanderHuge
Christie is a Republican Party stalwart. While their policy positions might be aligned, he sees Trump as a threat to the Party in the long term. He is not alone, but he is willing to tell the truth and still maintain a public presence.
I like CC, he is smart and makes sense 90% of the time. Bridgegate didn't bother me much as the thought of Snookie and Paule D sitting in NJ road rage makes me smile.

I think he is stuck between knowing full well that trump is a cancer to his party and his country and backing his team. If he wants to run he has time to rip off the band aid and heal the wounds that come from the righties when he tells the truth. If he doesn't want to run then why not step up and tell the truth about trump and back someone that is less dangerous. He could have a huge impact on 2024.

Reactions: UncleMark
Christie is trying to hold the line of establishment pre-Trump Republican. He's got the benefit of not being in office so he doesn't have to worry about getting primaried.

Any chance he has to get back into public life is not going to work, though, because the party membership has embraced the Trump brand/orthodoxy. If Trump wants the nomination, he'll get it in a walk and push guys like Christie further to the periphery. 25 years ago Christie would have been a Republican rockstar as a popular Republican governor in a Democrat state with strong credentials as a prosecutor and "straight talk" image. Now he's just another "RINO" who isn't in lockstep with everything the former president does, even though he was really supportive overall. And he does give off an "ax to grind" vibe.

Christie is trying to hold the line of establishment pre-Trump Republican. He's got the benefit of not being in office so he doesn't have to worry about getting primaried.

Any chance he has to get back into public life is not going to work, though, because the party membership has embraced the Trump brand/orthodoxy. If Trump wants the nomination, he'll get it in a walk and push guys like Christie further to the periphery. 25 years ago Christie would have been a Republican rockstar as a popular Republican governor in a Democrat state with strong credentials as a prosecutor and "straight talk" image. Now he's just another "RINO" who isn't in lockstep with everything the former president does, even though he was really supportive overall. And he does give off an "ax to grind" vibe.
Spot on. His time has passed - for better or worse. He missed his window

I looked. Crab legs. $50 a bag
King crab is insane right now. Watched enough Deadliest Catch to know that Covid has cost them more than a full season. It will come back down from $45 a pound at Costco but may never see $20 again.

(you can find super jumbo legs on line for $95/lb)

Reactions: mcmurtry66
King crab is insane right now. Watched enough Deadliest Catch to know that Covid has cost them more than a full season. It will come back down from $45 a pound at Costco but may never see $20 again.

(you can find super jumbo legs on line for $95/lb)
My stoker grabbed a bunch of these bags that didn't have shit in them. Each one was $50-$52. Not worth it! I love Deadliest Catch

My stoker grabbed a bunch of these bags that didn't have shit in them. Each one was $50-$52. Not worth it! I love Deadliest Catch
The scenes of Dutch Harbor with the fleet all in were amazing. Would love to visit sometime.

Look at those choices, lol. We're so far from Obama/Romney it's not even funny anymore.
This. How did we come so far in just such a short time? A president is supposed to be someone you're not ashamed to call your president. Someone who acts stately. Educated and articulate. For the most part stays above the fray. You may disagree with every policy and idea they have but you still respect them and they way they carry themselves. They represent the best in us!

2024 needs Pete, Tulsi, DeSantis, Rubio, Etc. Etc. Old, fat, grifter game show host and senile decrepit geriatrics need not apply.

Reactions: larsIU
Crab legs - a mistake

I like CC, he is smart and makes sense 90% of the time. Bridgegate didn't bother me much as the thought of Snookie and Paule D sitting in NJ road rage makes me smile.

I think he is stuck between knowing full well that trump is a cancer to his party and his country and backing his team. If he wants to run he has time to rip off the band aid and heal the wounds that come from the righties when he tells the truth. If he doesn't want to run then why not step up and tell the truth about trump and back someone that is less dangerous. He could have a huge impact on 2024.
But he's fat.....

I'm not a fan, but have always had a grudging respect for Chris Christie, diminished only by his alliance with Donald Trump. In this program, he goes into detail about how Donald Trump proved to be, in many respects but not all, an abject failure. Worth a watch.

I've liked him a long time. He's a solid Republican, but many of the Trumpsters in my party will never consider him because he's said a few cross words about President Trump - and he was pretty polite about it as Republicans generally should be about other Republicans. However, this is unforgivable for the cult members which is why solid Republicans, past and present, are personas non gratis among them now. Until Trumpism is purged we have a problem in our party.

Last edited:
COVID is raging throughout the world and there’s a global economic crisis. You honestly think if Republicans were in charge our farts would smell like roses? 😂
Mine have smelled particularly bad this past year. So Democrats control the White House and both halves of Congress and that coincides with the smelliest farts I've ever had and Democrats aren't responsible for that? I'm not so sure! ;)

Reactions: NPT
I've liked him a long time. He's a solid Republican, but many of the Trumpsters in my party will never consider him because he's said a few cross words about President Trump - and he was pretty polite about it as Republicans generally should be about other Republicans. However, this is unforgivable for the cult members which is why solid Republicans, past and present, are no personas non gratis among them now. Until Trumpism is purged we have a problem in our party.
Which is why I would advise him to go all in on anti trump now. He has 18 months to go from outcast to hero as trump eith dies or goes to jail. Lots and lots can change over the next 12 months.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT