ADVERTISEMENT

China...

Yep. And it’s actually not a bad way to teach certain concepts. I’m sorry that you don’t get it. But keep trying, I ha e confidence you’ll figure it out eventually. 😁
Right, just keep a little/minimum legal amount on your person at all times, then when you get low from great corner sales & distribution, you just go home/to the neighbor's house & get a little more, so you can sell a little more at a time.

Same way the dealers do pot = little more walking, but lots more $$$ & free time.

Get out of jail free card

Leroy 'Shady Slim' Brown

I’m not following

Anything of sophisticated composition, mechanically (cars, motorcycles, EVs, ect., ect...), NEVER buy, when it is made in China. I bought a new Chinese motorcycle a few years ago for about $1,100. Never saw/rode a bigger hunk of total junk in my life.

Communist China sells & manufactures junk (mechanically speaking).

Sincerely

Dong Feng 250

That may just be the dumbest thing I've read in my life and I've read VPM posts. (mostly for the humor they supply)
I'll say one thing - when VPM posts, it brings out the incels and haters.

Like he hits a nerve.

No warning? Well, tha's not fair! General Milley would be very disappointed.
China wants to overthrow us from within/like the frog in the warm water. As the water slowly gets warmer & warmer, then by the time the frog realizes he hasn't the energy to get out of the pot, it's too late.

Nuclear war = no win situation/outcome

From Within

Oregon is NOT seeking to do away with finding the right answer. That is a distortion of the third party program in question. For example, the "toolkit" does not encourage teachers to “come up with at least two answers that might solve this problem.” Instead, it encourages teachers to "Choose problems that have complex, competing, or multiple answers" and then ask students to "Come up with at least two answers that might solve this problem." The whole point of this portion of the toolkit is the suggestion to focus more on "understanding concepts and reasoning" rather than getting the right answer. From the toolkit:

"Upholding the idea that there are always right and wrong answers perpetuate objectivity as well as fear of open conflict. Some math problems may have more than one right answer and some may not have a solution at all, depending on the content and the context. And when the focus is only on getting the right answer, the complexity of the mathematical concepts and reasoning may be underdeveloped, missing opportunities for deep learning."​
And does this sound like they want to "do away with math that finds the right answer"?:

"Of course, most math problems have correct answers, but sometimes there can be more than one way to interpret a problem, especially word problems, leading to more than one possible right answer. And teaching math isn't just about solving specific problems. It's about helping students understand the deeper mathematical concepts so that they can apply them throughout their lives. Students can arrive at the right answer without grasping the bigger concept; or they can have an “aha” moment when they see why they got an answer wrong. Sometimes a wrong answer sheds more light than a right answer."​

Now, one can quibble with the way in which the toolkit equates some of the above issues as being part of "white supremacy culture." But they are most definitely not trying to do away with right answers or any nonsense like that.

I'm sure you can come up with some examples of 'more than one way to interpret a problem where there is 'more than one possible right answer'?

Right, just keep a little/minimum legal amount on your person at all times, then when you get low from great corner sales & distribution, you just go home/to the neighbor's house & get a little more, so you can sell a little more at a time.

Same way the dealers do pot = little more walking, but lots more $$$ & free time.

Get out of jail free card

Leroy 'Shady Slim' Brown
Are you talking about teaching math or doing drugs? Or for you are those one in the same?

Wow!!! That's interesting. Will be interesting to see how that works out.
I believe Amsterdam and other European cities have tried this approach with success. The country of Portugal has done something similar. We have a much different culture though when it comes to drugs and alcohol. Our "drugs are taboo" culture breeds ignorance and binging.

• Haha
Reactions: billyhillui
Is now testing nuclear space missiles. Now you know why Trump wanted the Space Force.

You know, the Chinese don't seem all that bad; in fact, I understand the Bidens are quite fond of them.

Are you talking about teaching math or doing drugs? Or for you are those one in the same?
Soon, you'll be legalizing every drug, magic mushroom & poison toad on earth, just to help you better cope with reality.

Grow up

From Within

I believe Amsterdam and other European cities have tried this approach with success. The country of Portugal has done something similar. We have a much different culture though when it comes to drugs and alcohol. Our "drugs are taboo" culture breeds ignorance and binging.

The Netherlands & Portugal both tried to legalize drugs, & both turned their societies into basket cases, impoverished & destitute vagrants. Today, those two places are the last places on earth someone would want to live or raise a child.

Yep, all the potheads, dopers & drug addicts are lining up to get in there, right?

= hell hole

'Just Say No'

Reactions: anon_6hv78pr714xta
I know a faculty member that consults with all the alphabet agencies, I asked him if he thought China had tested this missile. FT alone having the story seemed dubious. He said he has no doubt that part of the story is accurate, they tested a hypersonic missile. He was skeptical at the 24 mile accuracy.

The Netherlands & Portugal both tried to legalize drugs, & both turned their societies into basket cases, impoverished & destitute vagrants. Today, those two places are the last places on earth someone would want to live or raise a child.
Do you have anything to back up your claims?

“Milley calls China’s hypersonic test almost a ‘Sputnik Moment’”

Milley is a dope and lying. He is getting replaced anyway with Brown from the Air Force

Reactions: Lucy01
Our top military experts/DOD wanted the Space Force years ago, before Trump was even a (R). We've had the Aurora (& other space based craft) for decades.

If you want to brag on something that was a difference maker, SDI/'Star Wars' was it, by Reagan. It was a game changer. That & our constant military spending turned the USSR into Russia again.

President Reagan called for a space based military defense in 1983, it was part of his public address asking for a Strategic Defense Initiative/SDI program. Reagan was a visionary. Trump couldn't even get the Covid-19 response done honestly/safely.

= Covid-45

:O
And the left openly mocked Space Force.

Reactions: billyhillui
Trump had the opportunity to be a hero on several fronts including holding china accountable for trade, technology and defense. He bumbled this as he did other areas of opportunity.

I give him credit for calling it out as no one since Reagan has had the stones to do and certainly Biden has let them slide with impunity...but Trump couldn't get out of his own way.

And the left openly mocked Space Force.
They mocked SDI then, which they referred to as 'Star Wars'. Recently, they mocked Space Force.

The idea of a Space Force was introduced in 1999, by Sen. Bob Smith, & in 2000, Donald Rumsfeld chaired a commission suggesting a Space Corps.

Credit Where

Credit Is Due

Reactions: Courtsensetwo
Do you have anything to back up your claims?
Only the words of those who live there.

If you're a drug addict or perpetually down on your luck, & need gov. assisted drugs to keep you fixed, you might be desperate enough to try it, until common sense & your health catch up with you.

If you want to contract some of the worst diseases around, you might want to go there. If you're into legal prostitution, go there as well.

They mocked SDI then, which they referred to as 'Star Wars'. Recently, they mocked Space Force.

The idea of a Space Force was introduced in 1999, by Sen. Bob Smith, & in 2000, Donald Rumsfeld chaired a commission suggesting a Space Corps.

Credit Where

Credit Is Due

are we actually pretending that owning space for military purposes was first thought of in 1999?????

are we actually pretending that owning space for military purposes was first thought of in 1999?????
I'm saying the Trump administration was NOT the one who first thought of this idea in America, who actually had the power to make it happen. Our military has been wanting & secretly planning this for decades.

Sincerely

SDI/Aurora :O

I'm for a wall/permanent protective wall/barrier separating US from Mexico, but anyone idiotic enough to donate to Trump's & Bannon's wall fund, deserves just what they have gotten for their money thus far, laughed & ridiculed at.

'Careful what you spend on'

Fraudulent Orange Clown

Sometimes you can see things clearer, thousands of miles away.

It seems like the nation needs to be constantly on a war footing -- rather than trying to work together and fix the foundational issues that need to be done. (And it starts with the value system -- when the $$ doesn't trump all which is why everything is so corruptable.)

As far as I am concerned here, there are two forces in play -- folks who like to conquer and divide and create a permanent environment of division. Like how the Brits managed to control one of the most popular nations in the world, India with like 20-40 thousand troops only.

The constant need to create new enemies will only benefit certain industries. When has the US not been on a war footing or building up to one? No other country in the world is like this unless it's some unstable Central African wasteland of constant coups. Great at starting wars, finishing a successful one, not so.

You don't think there is a certain amount of manipulation going on? Costantly looking for enemies.
And lets be honest, China isn't so much a military enemy (who is out to destroy the US.) But a financial/commercial competitor.

Doesn't it all seem strange? Or as they say, it only takes 21 days before it becomes a habit and everyone just like it this way?
Surely people aren't so stuck in their little own silos or are they so naive about the world?

Sometimes you can see things clearer, thousands of miles away.

It seems like the nation needs to be constantly on a war footing -- rather than trying to work together and fix the foundational issues that need to be done. (And it starts with the value system -- when the $$ doesn't trump all which is why everything is so corruptable.)

As far as I am concerned here, there are two forces in play -- folks who like to conquer and divide and create a permanent environment of division. Like how the Brits managed to control one of the most popular nations in the world, India with like 20-40 thousand troops only.

The constant need to create new enemies will only benefit certain industries. When has the US not been on a war footing or building up to one? No other country in the world is like this unless it's some unstable Central African wasteland of constant coups. Great at starting wars, finishing a successful one, not so.

You don't think there is a certain amount of manipulation going on? Costantly looking for enemies.
And lets be honest, China isn't so much a military enemy (who is out to destroy the US.) But a financial/commercial competitor.

Doesn't it all seem strange? Or as they say, it only takes 21 days before it becomes a habit and everyone just like it this way?
Surely people aren't so stuck in their little own silos or are they so naive about the world?
The value system has worked pretty well so far. I’d argue abandoning those values is when the U.S. gets into trouble.

Stay where you are, you have no place in the land of ambition and success.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: sglowrider
The value system has worked pretty well so far. I’d argue abandoning those values is when the U.S. gets into trouble.

Stay where you are, you have no place in the land of ambition and success.
So you are one of those simple-minded rats who prefer to keep running on that wheel rather than trying to reflect and learn from history.
Clearly a worker rather than a thinker.

This is the obituary you wish you could have?

Last edited:
So you are one of those simple-minded rats who prefer to keep running on that wheel rather than trying to reflect and learn from history.
Clearly a worker rather than a thinker.
Is that what you were doing in your original post? Reflecting and learning from history?

If so, you took away all the wrong lessons. The rise of the U.S. as the sole superpower in the 20th century has lead to one of the least violent time periods in world history, it’s not a coincidence dummy.

And please stop speaking in gobbledygook, you don’t come off as worldly or intelligent.

Make a coherent point as to how U.S. military intervention since WW2 is a product of our value system that overvalues achievement and success.

And if you fall back on military industrial complex nonsense, I will know you are unserious (not that I don’t already).

it’s not a coincidence dummy.
In fairness, it might actually be a coincidence. It probably is. Our current historically astounding run of global peace is probably less a result of American values and more a result of the unique conflation of human societal and scientific developments at this point in history. We won't know for sure until we see what happens the next century, of course.

Is that what you were doing in your original post? Reflecting and learning from history?

If so, you took away all the wrong lessons. The rise of the U.S. as the sole superpower in the 20th century has lead to one of the least violent time periods in world history, it’s not a coincidence dummy.

And please stop speaking in gobbledygook, you don’t come off as worldly or intelligent.

Make a coherent point as to how U.S. military intervention since WW2 is a product of our value system that overvalues achievement and success.

And if you fall back on military industrial complex nonsense, I will know you are unserious (not that I don’t already).

absolutely no idea what you're trying to say here.

that said, if we're debating why there have been no huge world wars since WWII, there is a one word answer that.

NUKES.

and we aren't the only super power, when Russia has enough nukes and enough delivery capability to destroy us too.

that said, a real failure of leadership that we can't work with Russia to keep the 2 bit dictators and religious crazies in check.

but then doing so wouldn't max profitability for "the military industrial complex nonsense", would it?

absolutely no idea what you're trying to say here.

that said, if we're debating why there have been no huge world wars since WWII, there is a one word answer that.

NUKES.

and we aren't the only super power, when Russia has enough nukes and enough delivery capability to destroy us too.

that said, a real failure of leadership that we can't work with Russia to keep the 2 bit dictators and religious crazies in check.

but then doing so wouldn't max profitability for "the military industrial complex nonsense", would it?
Uh huh. How would a world where the Soviet Union got nukes first look?

Buzz off commie.

World has become complacent in this era of a sole superpower. Liberalism surges and exacerbates the problem of lax attitudes on defense

Reactions: jet812
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT