ADVERTISEMENT

chick fil a

it's on my list of places i want to visit. i haven't spent a lot of time in texas outside of houston. one of my closest lifelong buds moved to houston so i go down there to visit. it's a horrible place
I was there the last week of August. GD it was hot. And there are a bunch of tall buildings downtown that weren't there 5 years ago.

The 2 meals I had were great.

I was there the last week of August. GD it was hot. And there are a bunch of tall buildings downtown that weren't there 5 years ago.

The 2 meals I had were great.
riveroaks is cool. he first lived in spring and that was beyond awful. they moved to the woodlands and it's "okay," but i'm just not a fan of that city - at all. and yes awful heat

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
_
it's on my list of places i want to visit. i haven't spent a lot of time in texas outside of houston. one of my closest lifelong buds moved to houston so i go down there to visit. it's a horrible place
Parts of Houston are nice.
My son’s partner born & raised in Houston. Had never been out of Houston until he hooked up with her - Has now travelled most of the US & some of Europe. When he took a promotion to Austin, she almost broke up w/him - did NOT want to leave Houston. She relented, they built a house in Austin. Now, she wouldn’t leave Austin for anything!
They LOVE the music scene in Austin.

I really like Austin.

ahhhh. got it. worth visiting? guy's trip or kids?
Guys. Or Spouse.
Take an extra day or two on a Houston trip. 2.5 Hr drive to Austin. Do some driving around, check it all out. Really nice city.

And definitely get to FRANKLIN’s and/or TERRY BLACK’s.

Last edited:
Reactions: mcmurtry66
I had no idea they had expanded that far. Let me guess....

Don Corleone
or
Socrates' Revenge

The Don Corleone lmao is fantastic!!! Unfortunately I’m usually with kids so stuck with pepperoni. Good salads too. I thought they were from here. Just read they are based out of Cincy

• Love
Reactions: Noodle
The Don Corleone lmao is fantastic!!! Unfortunately I’m usually with kids so stuck with pepperoni. Good salads too. I thought they were from here. Just read they are based out of Cincy
They've been around for ~20 years, starting in Oakley (about 10 minutes north of downtown). I think they opened the one near our house ~10 years ago. I think it was either their second or third location.

Had dinner tonight at the oldest brew pub/microbrewery in Cincinnati. Will be 25 years old next year, and is owned by a couple in our neighborhood. I had the first beer off from the first keg they ever sold. All the other microbreweries and brew pubs that opened back then are long gone. The old farmhouse it started in nearly burned down a couple months ago. Beer is great, and the food is even better.

• Love
Reactions: mcmurtry66
They've been around for ~20 years, starting in Oakley (about 10 minutes north of downtown). I think they opened the one near our house ~10 years ago. I think it was either their second or third location.

Had dinner tonight at the oldest brew pub/microbrewery in Cincinnati. Will be 25 years old next year, and is owned by a couple in our neighborhood. I had the first beer off from the first keg they ever sold. All the other microbreweries and brew pubs that opened back then are long gone. The old farmhouse it started in nearly burned down a couple months ago. Beer is great, and the food is even better.

That is too wild. Yeah we have a Dewey’s near me and in my ex wife’s hood. As for the microbreweries being long gone I guess that’s a shitty business. One of our staple ones just filed for ch 11 this week. 8 mil in debt

I would have thought those microbreweries would be a good biz. I always heard the key to the restaurant biz is to make sure people are drinking.

That is too wild. Yeah we have a Dewey’s near me and in my ex wife’s hood. As for the microbreweries being long gone I guess that’s a shitty business. One of our staple ones just filed for ch 11 this week. 8 mil in debt

I would have thought those microbreweries would be a good biz. I always heard the key to the restaurant biz is to make sure people are drinking.

Way over saturated market, low barrier to entry, lots of mediocre product and a fickle consumer that has moved away from drinking beer in general....

Now they are just left as either a niche neighborhood bar or stuck in the meat grinder of the food service industry with a higher cost basis than someone just buying their booze from a distributor.

I've been to the one in Oakley and then another one out on Montgomery road further north. Great place!

Reactions: Noodle
That’s a plate from there!!! 🔥🔥🔥. I guarantee if stupid @Baller23Boogie and @snarlcakes put their peckers in the middle of that it’d be wayyyyy more “effective” than cheesecake
franklin-bbq-20.jpg

Come on man... there's no way I'm sticking my pecker in food that she has to bite down on to be able to eat.

Let's be smart about this.

Wait, there is good pizza in Cincinnati? My buddy that always orders LaRosa's for our get together has been holding out the good stuff?
LaRosa’s is your basic chain pizza. Sauce is ok, dough/crust is ok. Nothing special. But it’s a staple. Dewey’s is the gourmet pizza. Incredible dough/crust cooked perfectly. Their vegan pizza (non dairy) is also great.

Apropos to nothing but my 17 errr 18 year old daughter is blaring Sweet Child o' Mine in the bathroom next to my home office. I asked if she knew who sang it and she did.

She's me listening to "classic rock" when I was a kid in the 80's/90's. I'm not sure how I feel about this.

Also, she has "late start" (this occurs every other Weds). I have no idea why this is necessary. Kids barely go to school these days as it is.

Apropos to nothing but my 17 errr 18 year old daughter is blaring Sweet Child o' Mine in the bathroom next to my home office. I asked if she knew who sang it and she did.

She's me listening to "classic rock" when I was a kid in the 80's/90's. I'm not sure how I feel about this.

Also, she has "late start" (this occurs every other Weds). I have no idea why this is necessary. Kids barely go to school these days as it is.

We have late Wednesday every week.

School just got closed for fog. Fog. I don't ever remember closing when we were in school for fog.

dude we get one late start monday a month. on sunday when look at hte calendar and see that it's tomorrow we act like we won powerball. tears and all

Does she sway like Axl??

Grape nuts was #2, once every 6 months or so, mom would treat us with Granola cereal. Yum yum
Cookie Crisp, Cinnamon Toast Crunch, and fruity pebbles were my favorites when I was younger.

Now I never eat cereal but if I do it’s honey bunches of oats.

Which seems healthier but probably isn’t.

Really good though.

Cookie Crisp, Cinnamon Toast Crunch, and fruity pebbles were my favorites when I was younger.

Now I never eat cereal but if I do it’s honey bunches of oats.

Which seems healthier but probably isn’t.

Really good though.

Cinnamon toast crunch is a staple in my household.

The kids eat it dry for a quick snack.

Urban Chestnut makes fantastic beers.

Same for me, but I'm starting to see some grey on the sides. Still a full head of hair though. I'm a baby face, so it is welcomed for no other reason then it gives my wife joy in knowing I haven't found the fountain of youth and not sharing.
My mom is 95 and has black hair and doesn't color it.

My hair and beard were fine at 64 (beard had some grey, but not that much). Then I got cancer and the chemo turned everything white. My body hair is back to being dark, but my beard is still pretty white and my hair has come back a little, but nothing like it was.

I look like I aged 15 years after that chemo.

Hair loss is a choice
Bald is the way to go. I started shaving my head more than 20 years ago when I still had a good head of hair. I did it as XO of a warship to be lean, mean and built for speed. ;) Don't miss it one bit. Helps to have a good-looking head of course. It's not for everyone.

Reactions: BradStevens
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT