ADVERTISEMENT

Chicago politics and events

New State's Attorney race will be interesting. I've tried to look into the candidates and haven't been able to find much.

@BradStevens what are the Chicago legal eagles saying in regards to O'Neil Burke vs. Harris. Is one more likely than the other to prosecute crime. At a glance they both seem like an upgrade to Foxx.
O’Neil Burke. Why? Because she’s a Dem who the other Dem is calling MAGA.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
What do you do when your state, county, and city are in debt to your eyeballs?

Spend billions to help billionaires out with a new stadium!

The McCaskeys aren't your typical owners. Their entire net worth is tied up in the team. They would be extremely overleveraged if the took on the whole cost themselves.

Likely why it looks like they're going to pivot back to the stadium being owned by the Park District.

No way this gets approved. Last I read they want to throw it in the lot south of soldier field. Meaning two stadiums within their own shadows and then Mccormick east buildings directly south of that. So no parking anywhere and even more difficult to get to than it is now.

I assume it's leverage to get Arlington Heights to balk. The problem for the Bears is that the land they purchased is ideal for housing. And with a wide open plot of land they could definitely recoup property taxes that way. Couple that with it being right off a Metra station and highway access it would be very attractive spot for people looking for new homes.

Nobody can get to/from easily. It's such a shit show.

Reactions: BradStevens
Weather broke 70 degrees in Chicago yesterday, truly was beautiful day.

Unfortunately that has predicatable results

Five dead, on a Tuesday! That is impressive. Should a fun summer.

What is it about warm weather that gets the animals so revved up for killing?

Weather broke 70 degrees in Chicago yesterday, truly was beautiful day.

Unfortunately that has predicatable results

Five dead, on a Tuesday! That is impressive. Should a fun summer.

What is it about warm weather that gets the animals so revved up for killing?
We are all animals.

No way this gets approved. Last I read they want to throw it in the lot south of soldier field. Meaning two stadiums within their own shadows and then Mccormick east buildings directly south of that. So no parking anywhere and even more difficult to get to than it is now.

I assume it's leverage to get Arlington Heights to balk. The problem for the Bears is that the land they purchased is ideal for housing. And with a wide open plot of land they could definitely recoup property taxes that way. Couple that with it being right off a Metra station and highway access it would be very attractive spot for people looking for new homes.
Re Arlington Heights, the best thing that could come out of this is that the McCaskeys screw up the finances so badly, they have to sell the team.

Love this kid. Best thing going in Chicago sports right now.

Love this kid. Best thing going in Chicago sports right now.

There’s so much to teach you. I don’t have enough contract time.

"Voter suppression" must be to blame:

As with most progressive municipalities we will need to wait an indefinite amount of time to figure out who won last night. The general consensus appears to be that Burke will hold onto her lead.

That is until CTU election volunteers gets their hands on the ballots.

Johnson’s real estate transfer tax meant to fund homeless (migrant) housing fails. Chicago Republicans are getting the hang of voting in these Democratic primaries.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
"Voter suppression" must be to blame:

@BradStevens they are going to steal this states attorney race. Chairman Preckwinckle has said it could take as long as two weeks to count the outstanding 100K ballots. Very convenient considering her soft on crime candidate is down about 10K votes. All other races and ballot initiatives have been called.

Chicago Teacher's Union is busy throwing ballots in the Chicago river as we speak, while we wait for the absentee ballots to come in from Graceland Cemetery, Rosehill Cemetery and Bohemian National Cemetery.

How in in one of the most densely populated counties in the country, with low voter turnout does it take weeks to call a race? This is an embarrassment and I smell bullshit.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
@BradStevens they are going to steal this states attorney race. Chairman Preckwinckle has said it could take as long as two weeks to count the outstanding 100K ballots. Very convenient considering her soft on crime candidate is down about 10K votes. All other races and ballot initiatives have been called.

Chicago Teacher's Union is busy throwing ballots in the Chicago river as we speak, while we wait for the absentee ballots to come in from Graceland Cemetery, Rosehill Cemetery and Bohemian National Cemetery.

How in in one of the most densely populated counties in the country, with low voter turnout does it take weeks to call a race? This is an embarrassment and I smell bullshit.
I'm actually worried about the same. I hope she runs as an independent if she loses the primary.

10K votes "mistakenly" left out of unofficial vote count.

We’re watching an election get stolen in real time. Would be fascinating if it wasn’t so infuriating.

10K votes "mistakenly" left out of unofficial vote count.

We’re watching an election get stolen in real time. Would be fascinating if it wasn’t so infuriating.
The craziest liberal has to win otherwise the criminals couldn't keep roaming the streets.

It worked! The Chicago Democratic machine knew we were on to them and allowed Burke to have her rightful victory. It starts with a single small step in the right direction. A Democratic States Attorney who will say radical, right wing things like "If you commit a gun crime, you are goin to prison"

Police shooting here that is starting to make some national news.

Lil' Dexter was out rolling around in his hoopty with his unlicensed gun in the passenger seat. Windows tinted, no seatbelt, like a bad MoFo.

Lil Dexter' gets pulled over and refuses to roll down the windows, before firing at an officer outside the passenger side window.

Officers fire back and kill Lil Dexter'.

Then our mayor says, what?

“I am personally devastated to see yet another young Black man lose his life during an interaction with the police,” said Johnson. “My heart breaks for the family of Dexter Reed.”

RIP Lil Dexter.

Lil' Dexter was out rolling around in his hoopty with his unlicensed gun in the passenger seat. Windows tinted, no seatbelt, like a bad MoFo.

Lil Dexter' gets pulled over and refuses to roll down the windows, before firing at an officer outside the passenger side window.

“I am personally devastated to see yet another young Black man lose his life during an interaction with the police,” said Johnson. “My heart breaks for the family of Dexter Reed.”

RIP Lil Dexter.
That’s one way to stop the bail project. Suicide by cops

Last edited:

RIP Lil Dexter.
Hadn't seen it yet. That's A LOT of bullets.

He fired at the police, wounding one. Let it rain.

The faint at the end is priceless.

larry-david-faints.gif

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT