ADVERTISEMENT

Chicago politics and events

This is so good and so Chicago

This is at least the 2nd, maybe 3rd straight mayor of this shit hole that has done stuff like this. Maybe not this outlandish , but par for the course. This should be a part time position considering how small this city is.

Sheepdogs.

Great band. The good ole days...

Back when shitlibs could find you a solid 8 ball without crushing your lifeforce with some nonsense about the latest grievance de jour the talking heads told them to be upset about...

I find it amusing when the left is pointing fingers and getting frustrated after zealously defending illegal immigration to spite Trump and declaring themselves “Sanctuary Cities”. Reap what you sew.

As for this mess, Johnson is a total buffoon, but he’s more right than wrong in this instance. Prtizker is being a putz and unrealistic.

Reactions: BradStevens
I find it amusing when the left is pointing fingers and getting frustrated after zealously defending illegal immigration to spite Trump and declaring themselves “Sanctuary Cities”. Reap what you sew.

As for this mess, Johnson is a total buffoon, but he’s more right than wrong in this instance. Prtizker is being a putz and unrealistic.
Yep. Absurd

DNC convention is in Chicago on 8/19. If Greg Abbott is smart he floods the zone with migrants before then. No more to New York or Denver. Every bus to Chicago. Let them see what they have done.

Who am I kidding, I’m sure we’ll get the San Francisco/ Xi treatment. Get them off the street for a few days and then release them back where I can step over them on my way into Walgreens.

Last edited:
DNC convention is in Chicago on 4/11. If Greg Abbott is smart he floods the zone with migrants before then. No more to New York or Denver. Every bus to Chicago. Let them see what they have done.

Who am I kidding, I’m sure we’ll get the San Francisco/ Xi treatment. Get them off the street for a few days and then release them back where I can step over them on my way into Walgreens.
It is scheduled to be held August 19 to 22, 2024, at the United Center.

I canNOT wait!

Reactions: dbmhoosier
DNC convention is in Chicago on 8/19. If Greg Abbott is smart he floods the zone with migrants before then. No more to New York or Denver. Every bus to Chicago. Let them see what they have done.

The riots from the anti-Semites will be epic.

Gotta love it!
This is not good:

Reactions: DANC
Do not put public educators in positions of real power. The classroom is already bad enough. These are astoundingly mediocre people.
I am friends with a lot of mediocre people whom are offended by your comparison.

• Haha

Chicago scrapping its gunshot detection technology contract. Extended the contract through the Democratic convention however.
Must have read Dr.Hoops posts about how safe it is…

I think these schools are probably dealing with 100% low income kids with awful home lives, but these figures show that just spending more money is not the solution:

• Sad
I think these schools are probably dealing with 100% low income kids with awful home lives, but these figures show that just spending more money is not the solution:

I guess old fashioned discipline and morals weren't that bad......

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
Curious as to whether there have been qualified candidates that were defeated due to identity politics in the cases of Lightfoot & Johnson or just all shit candidates?
Johnson actually got elected fairly narrowly. 52-48. The guy he defeated (Vallas) was a lifelong Democrat who had the endorsement of Dick Durbin.

But he was White and he supported charter schools and stronger policing so they painted him as a racist Republican pretty successfully. He probably would've done a decent job.

Reactions: jet812
Johnson actually got elected fairly narrowly. 52-48. The guy he defeated (Vallas) was a lifelong Democrat who had the endorsement of Dick Durbin.

But he was White and he supported charter schools and stronger policing so they painted him as a racist Republican pretty successfully. He probably would've done a decent job.

He literally could not have done any worse.

I don't think this is unique to just Chicago.

As older people die off, I think we're going to see more and more stores close because the younger generations would rather shop on their phones then go into an actual store.

This has been going on for a while now and unfortunately, I think it's here to stay.

Perhaps, but how do you allocate cause to that vs all of the vandalism and theft issues that have been going on the past year or two on Michigan and State?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT