ADVERTISEMENT

Charges Issued In Breonna Taylor Case

Watching the first arrests.

The windows incident caused the cops to block the road and stop the march down Bardstown Road.

Most protestors staying cool - a few getting arrested and resisting

Downtown is quiet

This reminds me of the night a few years ago in Baltimore following Freddie Gray's death. Nothing to do but hunker down. Stay safe, MTIOF and everyone else in the area.

Agreed. Probably a side effect of Trump and others making this tribal. The trouble makers are the leftists, they need to be protected from, etc. So Trailer Park Rambo gets it in his head that it's his job to do the protecting.
I am very proud of my trailer! What do you own?

9:00 is when it gets dark, so the assholes will be gearing up, and the curfew gives the authorities something to enforce in the absence of actual lawbreaking.
The protesters need to realize that once it gets dark the movement and message change into one that makes them look bad. I wish they would get that through their thick heads. Protest all they want in the light of day, every day, but once it gets dark, help themselves get the message across and the police to actually police and quit being camo and cover for assholes and go home.

Last edited:
This has nothing to do with Trump.

Sure it does, he and his slack jawed cult inflame the chaos. Cosplay Rambos being evidence of it. It may not rest solely on Trump nor is he the main cause but his hands are not clean. Everything he touches or get involved in eventually suffers. 4 years of unending unrelenting unneeded drama based on the idiotic selfish whims of a sociopath blessed with the shit touch.. Like any incompetent he only makes everything worse.

Last edited:
until i'm persuaded otherwise i don't see the value in no-knocks for drug shit. the reward isn't worth the risk to all involved. and i don't know who posted it before but if working security is secondary collecting on these drug busts is "third-ary."

Turns out, in this case, they knocked (and announced) even they didn't need to...

Maybe it would have turned out better if they hadn't?

What all police departments need, at all levels involving contact, are body cameras (with sound recording)..., in my opinion...

Last edited:
Turns out, in this case, they knocked (and announced) even they didn't need to...

What all police departments need, at all levels involving contact, are body cameras..., in my opinion...
i'm with ya on the body cameras. so i just looked it up and i guess the issue in a two second search is that they're expensive. not so much the equipment but the maintenance of footage and then if called upon for trial preparation of same. that makes sense for little muni depts but not much for big city departments where they're tooling around in 60k tahoes and paying self-funded settlements. but who knows.

The protesters need to realize that once it gets dark the movement and message change into one that makes them look bad. I wish they would get that through their thick heads. Protest all they want in the light of day, every day, but once it gets dark, help themselves get the message across and the police to actually police and quit being camo and cover for assholes and go home.
I think that’s what you might be missing. The protestors do disperse at night and the rioters move in. These people are anarchists and felons. They aren’t believers.

Sure it does, he and his slack jawed cult inflame the chaos. Cosplay Rambos being evidence of it. It may not rest solely on Trump nor is he the main cause but his hands are not clean. Everything he touches or get involved in eventually suffers. 4 years of unending unrelenting unneeded drama based on the idiotic selfish whims of a sociopath blessed with the shit touch.. Like any incompetent he only makes everything worse.
Horseshit. Trump had 0 to do with this. Excuses from a group that has 0 accountability. These people would be doing the same thing if Ghandi was Pres. Lowlife thugs.

Reactions: Lucy01

What all police departments need, at all levels involving contact, are body cameras..., in my opinion...

Hopefully the AG answers questions on this. I watched part of his press conference on WLKY. Right after they went to an attorney who said 11 neighbors were interviewed. 10 said there was no knock or announcement. The 11th said the same in the first two statements then switched in the 3rd.

I have no idea if that lawyer was making that up, or if the police had reason to trust the one witness over the others. But I would like to hear a rebuttal to that since the AG quite confidently said the police knocked and identified.

Hopefully the AG answers questions on this. I watched part of his press conference on WLKY. Right after they went to an attorney who said 11 neighbors were interviewed. 10 said there was no knock or announcement. The 11th said the same in the first two statements then switched in the 3rd.

I have no idea if that lawyer was making that up, or if the police had reason to trust the one witness over the others. But I would like to hear a rebuttal to that since the AG quite confidently said the police knocked and identified.
you won't get any of that unless he prays to unseal the grand jury records. in this case all the parties are known so why not. if it was a shit case against the cops (as it seems) it would benefit the public (and cops) to know the details

Last edited:
9:00 is when it gets dark, so the assholes will be gearing up, and the curfew gives the authorities something to enforce in the absence of actual lawbreaking.

Based on what I saw live (a couple of hours ago) multiple Antifa types moving towards their rally point were armed with AR-15 type carbines, many with body armor...

The clown who appeared to be most concerning, was a short, heavyset, white woman, with orange hair, carrying what appeared to be a long and heavy barreled AR hybrid, chambered in what appeared to be .308 (based on the barrel and the built up version of the rifle)...

She looked like a disaster waiting to happen (for her and anyone within a couple of miles of her...).

If you are within a couple of miles of there tonight either head further out or head below ground level...

you won't get any of that unless he prays to unseal the grand jury records. in this case all the parties are known so why not. if it was a shit case against the cops (as it seems) it would benefit the public to know the details

I just don't know how people are so convinced it all went down as the AG said, or as the protesters say. The facts are just missing for us normal people.

I think that’s what you might be missing. The protestors do disperse at night and the rioters move in. These people are anarchists and felons. They aren’t believers.
Maybe, but most are probably just dumb kids LARPing protester and none of those things. Though I'd agree a majority of protesters, especially the older ones, do go home. But, maybe not enough.

The only recent experience I've had with them was in my city after Floyd was choked out and when the protesters finally decided to go home at curfew, on day four IIRC. The crowds dwindled from 1000's a night to a few small pockets of less than 50. Made the police's job keeping everyone safe much easier and there was very little vandalism or arrests made. this was done after reports and rumors of white supremist militia agitators. Giving any cover to agitators is just dumb.

fwiw - there's probably not many people who want to bring down the monarchies of Europe in the crowd. Just sayin'. Felons, criminals, racists, gang members, Trump, the police, militias and opportunists of all types are agitating the chaos for their own benefit.,..

Last edited:
Reactions: TommyCracker
Based on what I saw live (a couple of hours ago) multiple Antifa types moving towards their rally point were armed with AR-15 type carbines, many with body armor...

The clown who appeared to be most concerning, was a short, heavyset, white woman, with orange hair, carrying what appeared to be a long and heavy barreled AR hybrid, chambered in what appeared to be .308 (based on the barrel and the built up version of the rifle)...

She looked like a disaster waiting to happen (for her and anyone within a couple of miles of her...).

If you are within a couple of miles of there tonight either head further out or head below ground level...

Oh so you are concerned that lay people armed to the teeth with little to no formal training are walking around in public carrying long guns. Did you honestly think only right wing nuts could buy long guns? Did you ever criticize the Gravy SEALs when they did this same thing countless times?

This reminds me of the night a few years ago in Baltimore following Freddie Gray's death. Nothing to do but hunker down. Stay safe, MTIOF and everyone else in the area.

The cops are apparently gonna force the protestors to hold the protests in downtown - where block after block have literally been closed down and fenced in. The police are out in force - including on top of buildings downtown.

Peace will be kept violently if necessary?

This is disturbing. I will stand corrected, but this has always been described as a no-knock warrant execution. Never have I heard otherwise, from anyone. Now, all of a sudden, they did knock and announce? Why was that never mentioned from anyone?

Not true based on 10 ear-shot witnesses that live in the building. One said they said heard “police!” one time immediately after they kicked down the door. They initially said no then flipped, plus they were the neighbor the furthest distance away.

It’s hard for me to believe someone with no criminal history would knowingly fire on cops in this scenario.

Also, the officers in question had body cams earlier in the day that magically disappeared.

Just abysmal leadership for that raid to have happened. There wasn’t much to gain and they could have shown up at 6pm announced without anyone dying. “But there were drugs and she was part of a syndicate!” Wrong

This is disturbing. I will stand corrected, but this has always been described as a no-knock warrant execution. Never have I heard otherwise, from anyone. Now, all of a sudden, they did knock and announce? Why was that never mentioned from anyone?
According to some guy they interviewed on the news - no idea if this is credible or not, so take it with lots of salt - a single witness told the grand jury that they heard the cops announce themselves. None of the other witnesses did. Supposedly.

Sounds like he’s lying and several reporters hit him on that exact point. Probably why the settlement was 12MM.

i'm with ya on the body cameras. so i just looked it up and i guess the issue in a two second search is that they're expensive. not so much the equipment but the maintenance of footage and then if called upon for trial preparation of same. that makes sense for little muni depts but not much for big city departments where they're tooling around in 60k tahoes and paying self-funded settlements. but who knows.

I would hope that once cities realize that it's cheaper for them to foot the bill for sound recording body cameras across their force versus the bill (both short and long term) for riots and destruction..., that they'll opt for the up front bodycam expenses...

Seems like common sense to me (which may be why it's so slowly being implemented)...

I would hope that once cities realize that it's cheaper for them to foot the bill for sound recording body cameras across their force versus the bill (both short and long term) for riots and destruction..., that they'll opt for the up front bodycam expenses...

Seems like common sense to me (which may be why it's so slowly being implemented)...
This is going to sound cynical, but my guess is the primary reason implementation of such a common sense measure is so slow is pushback from the police unions, who know that a small but still significant portion of their membership will be out of a job shortly after their performance starts getting recorded for posterity.

This shit goes back to slavery and Jim Crow and no jobs and segregated schools into the 1970's and school bussing in Louisville in the 70's and Adolph Rupp and Denny Crum. This is a city where Muhammed Ali could walk into the Seelbach with his white lawyers anytime, but couldn't just go into any restaurant by himself. It's nuanced and complicated. It was here WAAAY before Trump. Every single day. "Trump bad" is an easy out for people who don't think past the sound bites. Both sides inflame the chaos. (Your pals are here with shields and helmets and sticks and body armor - ready to fight cops and cause chaos. Don't kid yourself.)

Its nice that you care, but its sad that you think you understand it, and maddening that you rationalize and defend violence.

There is fear and hate here. It's not OK.

According to some guy they interviewed on the news - no idea if this is credible or not, so take it with lots of salt - a single witness told the grand jury that they heard the cops announce themselves. None of the other witnesses did. Supposedly.

In the past, I heard someone with the police say that the police did not request a no-knock and did not execute it that way. If true, how did a no knock get issued?

A lawyer representing her boyfriend said that by policy raids like this ate to be led by SWAT, SWAT received a call not to respond. He said a uniformed officer is required to be at these raids so everyone knows it is really the police, that officer was told not to respond. EMTs are required to be present, they were told not to respond.

Now that is all from a lawyer who clearly has an agenda. He was on the WLKY stream this afternoon. It might all be BS. But it is why the authorities need to release as much as possible.

Reactions: hoosboot
This is going to sound cynical, but my guess is the primary reason implementation of such a common sense measure is so slow is pushback from the police unions, who know that a small but still significant portion of their membership will be out of a job shortly after their performance starts getting recorded for posterity.
OTOH, I'd bet there is evidence of fewer charges of police brutality where body cam usage is universal.

Oh so you are concerned that lay people armed to the teeth with little to no formal training are walking around in public carrying long guns. Did you honestly think only right wing nuts could buy long guns? Did you ever criticize the Gravy SEALs when they did this same thing countless times?

It would be difficult for me to comment on a group I've never even heard of...

It was mentioned - just not by the national propaganda media.

People here have known it was ISSUED as a "no knock" warrant but was EXECUTED as an "announced" warrant since day 1.

People here have also known that she was not in bed, shot while asleep. Didn't stop NPR from saying that as recently as June.

People here also knew there was NOT a "mistake" and that cops allegedly went to the wrong address - looking for her ex-boyfriend at the wrong place. We always knew locally that there were multiple warrants for multiple places - including her apartment.

People hear what they want to hear and disregard the rest.

Reactions: 76-1
This shit goes back to slavery and Jim Crow and no jobs and segregated schools into the 1970's and school bussing in Louisville in the 70's and Adolph Rupp and Denny Crum. This is a city where Muhammed Ali could walk into the Seelbach with his white lawyers anytime, but couldn't just go into any restaurant by himself. It's nuanced and complicated. It was here WAAAY before Trump. Every single day. "Trump bad" is an easy out for people who don't think past the sound bites. Both sides inflame the chaos. (Your pals are here with shields and helmets and sticks and body armor - ready to fight cops and cause chaos. Don't kid yourself.)

Its nice that you care, but its sad that you think you understand it, and maddening that you rationalize and defend violence.

There is fear and hate here. It's not OK.
Fair point about the history of Louisville, but if you honestly think the words and actions of the POTUS have not influenced the madness this summer, there is not much to discuss.

People here have known it was ISSUED as a "no knock" warrant but was EXECUTED as an "announced" warrant since day 1.

People here have also known that she was not in bed, shot while asleep. Didn't stop NPR from saying that as recently as June.

People here also knew there was NOT a "mistake" and that cops allegedly went to the wrong address - looking for her ex-boyfriend at the wrong place. We always knew locally that there were multiple warrants for multiple places - including her apartment.

People hear what they want to hear and disregard the rest.
Was all this reported locally, or is this just the scuttlebutt?

Could be true...

I'd hope the police unions clout would be more than a bit watered down after all this...

Hopefully, they'll move back towards being "guild" type organizations (with real standards), rather than the near Communist, "do our best to keep the Worst employed" type outfits that many have become...

Grand jury charged one police officer with 3 counts of wanton endangerment (felony).
He was the one fired for (allegedly) basically standing outside and shooting blindly into the apartment of Taylor and her neighbors.
Sounds like the charges are for the shots into the other apartments - speculation is that the ballistics showed none of his shots hit Taylor - speculation.

No murder.
No manslaughter.
No one else indicted or charged.

But if he was found guilty of all 3 and sentenced to consecutive terms, the time could exceed a single sentnec on a single charge of manslaughter. (According to TV talking head lawyer on local TV. Take it for what its worth.)

It sucks, but given what KY law says, it’s to be expected.

The problem is A) allowing no knock warrants & B) “stand your ground” laws. Possibly even C) the high burden necessary to charge an one of line police officer.

All of those laws are unnecessary allowances that lead to unnecessary tragedies. Put simply, they are bad laws.

When you add a policing model that is more about targeting/profiling vs protecting and serving, amplify the bad laws. That’s because they come into play more often.

This isn’t a difficult equation to understand. The difficult part is changing it once it’s established.

Louisville already banned no knock warrants. That’s at least a start.

The answer is for KY to change their laws. And to reform police departments/policies.

As part of the settlement with Breonna Taylor’s family, the city created a review board. That isn’t entirely controlled by police departments. That’s also a good move. But there are many more that need to happen. Some see the protests as unnecessary and excessive. In reality they are a collective expression of being tired of being tired. People have had enough. And rightly so. It’s ridiculous that we’re still seeing events like B Taylor’s death and G. Floyd’s death. We SHOULD be better than this by now.

The political spectrum keeps shifting right in this country, and in KY, it’s accelerated further than other places. It went from purple to solid red over the last decade or two. Despite the state being full of poor people that are harmed by the policies of (mostly) the republicans in KY.

When you elect people that pass these kinds of laws, you will always see more injustice. That’s because these types of laws will almost always affect poor people & people of color more than everyone else. It’s by design. It’s a feature, not a bug.

I hope this is the wake up call for people to register to vote, and to take EVERY election seriously. There’s enough people that have had enough, and the ONLY way they can change things is to vote, and continue to peacefully protest. The conversation and framing of the issues have shifted, and as long as it’s in the public’s consciousness, it will lead to more action.

Having said all of that, I feel for the city of Louisville tonight. I really hope folks can swallow their (righteous) anger, and do the right thing. I suspect we’ll see escalations from protestors and overreactions from the police, and it’ll be a mess by the end of the night.

Reactions: brianiu

The police have said all along they announced but that has been disputed by witnesses, including Taylor’s boyfriend.

It is possible they knocked and no one heard because they were asleep. Should have given them ample time to respond/ knocked several times. We have to get rid of no-knock warrants. This kind of thing happens all too often.

ABC now touting the OUTRAGE in Louisville over no cop being indicted for her death - not a word about which cop shot her and the fact he was legally justified in firing back to defned his partner who had been shot.
Was all this reported locally, or is this just the scuttlebutt?

Reported early. Back before George Floyd.

This case was a nothingburger here until George Floyd. No protests. Nothing. A couple of days on local news, then nothing. The cop who shot the place up (who was indicted today) was fired nearly immediately. The mayor issued an "executive order" banning no-knock warrants. The city council made it a resolution. A local car wreck TV lawyer turned up as the family lawyer, raising hell that it was mistake at the wrong adress, then backed off it.

After George Floyd, the national media then sold it as "innocent couple shot in bed while cops raided the wrong house" and potestors howed up here with signs that misspelled her name.

(About the same time the governor and mayor decided to make the Kentucky Fairground buldings around Freedom Hall a huge voting precinct, for Covid safety, and extended voting days over a week, which was sold in the national media as :trump and Mitch McConnel trying to suppress the vote" ... forgetting it was a Democrat primary and no national Republican races on our ballot.

The national media has abandoned its role a s aneitral check and baance on abuse of power. Instead, they pick sides and help the abuse.

And the mouth breathers lap it up and post it on social media.

The police have said all along they announced but that has been disputed by witnesses, including Taylor’s boyfriend.

It is possible they knocked and no one heard because they were asleep. Should have given them ample time to respond/ knocked several times. We have to get rid of no-knock warrants. This kind of thing happens all too often.

I agree that was said by the cops and it was disputed by the boyfriend - who was trying to dodge charges over shooting a cop, and his lawyer. (And who somehow dodged all 18 bullets fired down a hallway while 5 hit his girlfriend.)

Not sure I recall other witnesses - until today, when the AG said a guy who lived upstairs had testified that he heard the cops announce themselves.

(Oddly, the AG didn't confirm or deny much other specific info - on grounds that it is improper to release grand jury proceedings - which is correct, but still...)

Reactions: 76-1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT