ADVERTISEMENT

Champions Classic

kkott

Hall of Famer
Oct 26, 2001
How sad is it that this tournament is taking place in Indy and we're not playing in it? I hope CAM is making a (not so) silent vow to not let something like this happen at some point in the not-too-distant-future, and that we'll "own the state" in all regards, not just recruiting. It's a big goal, but IU needs to aspire once again to be one of the 3-4 elite programs in the country. We should at least be in the rotation with these schools, and maybe UNC, UCLA, etc... Let's get there Coach!

Reactions: SIhoosier26
It is what it is. I think people look too much into recruiting impact of a game in a particular location, not like all these coaches aren't plugged into Indiana any way.

At the inception of the Champions Classic, we definitely didn't deserve a spot, so it's hard to feel slighted or anything.

Reactions: ORG
It is what it is. I think people look too much into recruiting impact of a game in a particular location, not like all these coaches aren't plugged into Indiana any way.

At the inception of the Champions Classic, we definitely didn't deserve a spot, so it's hard to feel slighted or anything.

...and we still don't, but I hope our Coach and admin are bent on changing that! Can you imagine such an event being staged in Louisville or Lexington, Raleigh or Charlotte or Kansas City, without the participation of one of the large/popular local universities? It'd never have legs to be supported. We still have one of the great built in advantages for an elite program and I just want to see us reclaim and build on it!

I agree . . . You have to be a current winner to get into that game.

I agree . . . You have to be a current winner to get into that game.
I think the whole goal to starting up a, "Champion's Classic" would be to invite teams that are consistently championship contenders. That hasn't been IU as of late unfortunately.

Kentucky fans trashing Indy's downtown and stiffing service staff. Good reason to stay clear of the rednecks. Head to Btiwn

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT