ADVERTISEMENT

Cam Spencer from Rutgers is available....

Be a huge addition
Here is a response from a Rutgers fan when someone said “he was so good.”

“Eh I wouldnt go that far. He was a good set shooter. He was awful when he had to put the ball on the floor and drive.”

Not sure this is the player we’d want. I think we can do better. Patience…

• Sad
Reactions: sglowrider
Selling 5000 bushels of beans in June, never tried smoking them?? I actually set My rear end on a tractor, I actually have farm income to report on my taxes! What do you do for a living??
You make a living on the IU free board with all the space Indiana occupies in your head. Stop lying.

You frigging idiots. I said “wannabe”. That means envious Purdue fans who “want to be thousandairs”. Now take the farm talk over to another board. I’ve heard the talk of some 13-16 year old Amish kids out bidding wannabes.

Here is a response from a Rutgers fan when someone said “he was so good.”

“Eh I wouldnt go that far. He was a good set shooter. He was awful when he had to put the ball on the floor and drive.”

Not sure this is the player we’d want. I think we can do better. Patience…
IU already has two legitimate scoring options out on the perimeter in Johnson and Mgbako who can score at all 3 levels. Need a 3rd guy who can efficiently score and stretch the floor. We technically already have that in Galloway but Spencer is Galloway on more volume. He’s exactly the type of player IU needs to compliment the other two perimeter players.

Selling 5000 bushels of beans in June, never tried smoking them?? I actually set My rear end on a tractor, I actually have farm income to report on my taxes! What do you do for a living??
It sure wouldn't be accounting and farming xxx acres doesnt mean owning xxx acres.

Most wannabe farmers grew up on a farm. The average farmer farms around 5,000 acres, if that farmer plants those 5,000 acres in soybeans and gets an average of 65 bushel per acre, and sold it at todays price of $15 a bushel he would make over $4.8 million! Those are very average numbers! Also that farmer needs over $10 million of equipment to run their operation! Basically, most farmers could support your IU wet dreams very easily! So bring a big hat!

According to the US Department of Agriculture, your numbers are WAY off...

So LET'S PLEASE RETURN TO THE TOPIC OF BASKETBALL....

"The number of farms in Indiana in 2021 was 55,100, according to Nathanial Warenski, State Statistician of the USDA, NASS, Indiana Field Office. Land in farms was 14.8 million acres, unchanged from last year. The average size farm in Indiana was 269 acres per farm, up 2 acres from 2020."

"The number of farms in the United States for 2021 is estimated at 2,012,050, down 6,950 farms from 2020. Total land in farms, at 895,300,000 acres, decreased 1,300,000 acres from 2020. The average farm size for 2021 is 445 acres, up from 444 acres the previous year."

https://www.nass.usda.gov/Statistic...ations/Current_News_Release/2022/nr2211in.pdf

IU already has two legitimate scoring options out on the perimeter in Johnson and Mgbako who can score at all 3 levels. Need a 3rd guy who can efficiently score and stretch the floor. We technically already have that in Galloway but Spencer is Galloway on more volume. He’s exactly the type of player IU needs to compliment the other two perimeter players.
Miller Kopp
44.4 3P% (63-142)

Tamar Bates
37.4 3P% (37-99)

JHS
33.3 3P% (37-111)

Race Thompson
27.9 3P% (12-43)

Jordan Geronimo
26.3 3P% (5-19)
—————————-

T Galloway
46.2 3P% (30-65)

X Johnson
37.0 3P% (10-27) in 11 games

CJ Gunn
8.3 3P% (2-24)

K Banks
40.0 3P% (2-5)

M Reneau
25.0 3P% (2-8)

Cam Spencer 6’4 G 207 lbs (Rutgers)
43.4 3P% (72-166)

Reactions: 76-1

"The number of farms in Indiana in 2021 was 55,100, according to Nathanial Warenski, State Statistician of the USDA, NASS, Indiana Field Office. Land in farms was 14.8 million acres, unchanged from last year. The average size farm in Indiana was 269 acres per farm, up 2 acres from 2020."

"The number of farms in the United States for 2021 is estimated at 2,012,050, down 6,950 farms from 2020. Total land in farms, at 895,300,000 acres, decreased 1,300,000 acres from 2020. The average farm size for 2021 is 445 acres, up from 444 acres the previous year."

https://www.nass.usda.gov/Statistic...ations/Current_News_Release/2022/nr2211in.pdf
Those statistics are very misleading. I bet the vast majority of “farms” are not owned by full time farmers. The statistics needed are the number of full time farmers & the amount of land they farm (not necessarily own).
Most “full time” farmers have a very high net worth (land, bldgs, equipment, stored grain, beans, corn etc)

That's nice, like I said we used to own 5 farms, now down to 2. How many people own multiple farms? Alot!

Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
That's nice, like I said we used to own 5 farms, now down to 2. How many people own multiple farms? Alot!
5 farms to “farm”? Lots of people buy up farms just to own the land. My best friend owns 8-10 and it’s not because they want to farm it.

Yep I know the big boys in this county.
Not just little millions..But multi millionaire's...Daviess County has some the states best ground..A acre here is 15k and north..Amish in this county can drive the price sky high..Very much a bidding war at times..
Not nuts, our farmer farms over 6000, our neighbors down south owns over 20000 acres and share crops whole bunch more. He has 4 or more $1 million dollar combines! Another neighbor 5 miles west of me farms more than 10000. I could go on and on! Alot of small farmers got out, sold their equipment and share crop. Our family used to have 5 farms, but sold all but 2. The other farms were bought by some not so RICH farmers. I'm talking about my neighbors. Land around us can go for $12000 to up as high $20000 an acre. Most farmers are worth Millions!

My job is to talk to farmers in Indiana. I am very good at my job and know a shit ton of farmers. The average farmer farms nowhere near 5,000 acres. That is the top 5% of farmers in the state that do those numbers. You couldn't go on and on..... I was doing purchase options for 20 grand an acre in 2020, your prices are low....

Oh and you know the big players in Daviees county???? Whats your name , I actually do know the big players, that is where I am developing my biggest projects in the state.

Reactions: 76-1 and Pryght
My job is to talk to farmers in Indiana. I am very good at my job and know a shit ton of farmers. The average farmer farms nowhere near 5,000 acres. That is the top 5% of farmers in the state that do those numbers. You couldn't go on and on..... I was doing purchase options for 20 grand an acre in 2020, your prices are low....

Oh and you know the big players in Daviees county???? Whats your name , I actually do know the big players, that is where I am developing my biggest projects in the state.
I know a lot more also! But I am not going to give away my identity.

• Haha
Reactions: .Gerdis
This would be not a HUGE get to fit our
team but also a giant FU to all the trolls who forgot that the season wasn’t over in December
All the RU trolls had no problem when the portal brought him to NJ, but they sure are butthurt about him using it a second time to GTFO of NJ. Imagine what will happen when they don't get Dylan Harper.

Interview Crying GIF

Spencer thoughts...

I think he makes us deeper, and raises our floor quite a bit, and by virtue of his abilities to create and make shots, he could end up being the difference in a few close games, so he also raises our ceiling a bit too, but not as much as he raises what our floor performance will be.

Basically he'd come in and play 20-25 minutes as a guard/wing.

Best guess on the rough allocation of the 80 minutes for the 2-3 positions (without Spencer)

Galloway - 25
Mack - 25
CJ - 12
Kaleb - 10 (he'll find some more minutes at the 4, though not many)
Jakai - 7
Gabe - 3 minutes playing alongside Xavier

Guess on the allocation if Spencer does come

Spencer - 25
Mack - 25
Galloway - 20

That leaves 10 minutes to be spread between CJ, Kaleb, Jakai, and then probably eliminates any time for Gabe alongside X.

Spencer coming to IU would make us a bit better, THIS YEAR. I would fear the potential longer term effects. Kaleb, CJ, and Jakai might not be overly happy with their PT. In the portal world, I would expect multiple defections.

Is this the new world? Improve your current roster at all costs? Maybe? Just saying adding another guard/wing has some merit, but has a big potential downside.

Kaleb and Jakai, I think, are going to be very, very high level college players some day.

Spencer thoughts...

I think he makes us deeper, and raises our floor quite a bit, and by virtue of his abilities to create and make shots, he could end up being the difference in a few close games, so he also raises our ceiling a bit too, but not as much as he raises what our floor performance will be.

Basically he'd come in and play 20-25 minutes as a guard/wing.

Best guess on the rough allocation of the 80 minutes for the 2-3 positions (without Spencer)

Galloway - 25
Mack - 25
CJ - 12
Kaleb - 10 (he'll find some more minutes at the 4, though not many)
Jakai - 7
Gabe - 3 minutes playing alongside Xavier

Guess on the allocation if Spencer does come

Spencer - 25
Mack - 25
Galloway - 20

That leaves 10 minutes to be spread between CJ, Kaleb, Jakai, and then probably eliminates any time for Gabe alongside X.

Spencer coming to IU would make us a bit better, THIS YEAR. I would fear the potential longer term effects. Kaleb, CJ, and Jakai might not be overly happy with their PT. In the portal world, I would expect multiple defections.

Is this the new world? Improve your current roster at all costs? Maybe? Just saying adding another guard/wing has some merit, but has a big potential downside.

Kaleb and Jakai, I think, are going to be very, very high level college players some day.

Can't argue with your projected #s.

I would be more concerned with 'chemistry' generally, then with losing Banks and Newton.in particular. As for Banks, how many guys who end up as college stars these days average 2 and 1 as freshmen? In what particular aspect of the game is he outstanding? I agree he could be a solid 2 year starter but I don't see the ceiling being as high as you.

As for Newton, we'll have to wait and see. He's certainly strong and aggressive. Will he have a consistent outside shot his first two years?

Back to the chemistry issue......no doubt its a concern when it would affect the playing time of Galloway, Banks, Newton, Gunn & Capps. On the other hand, I think Woodson is of the view that for him personally, and for the program more generally, we need a big year asap if we're ever going to get back to being NC contenders. I like the sense of urgency.

Can't argue with your projected #s.

I would be more concerned with 'chemistry' generally, then with losing Banks and Newton.in particular. As for Banks, how many guys who end up as college stars these days average 2 and 1 as freshmen? In what particular aspect of the game is he outstanding? I agree he could be a solid 2 year starter but I don't see the ceiling being as high as you.

As for Newton, we'll have to wait and see. He's certainly strong and aggressive. Will he have a consistent outside shot his first two years?

Back to the chemistry issue......no doubt its a concern when it would affect the playing time of Galloway, Banks, Newton, Gunn & Capps. On the other hand, I think Woodson is of the view that for him personally, and for the program more generally, we need a big year asap if we're ever going to get back to being NC contenders. I like the sense of urgency.
Definitely have to trust Woody on the chemistry question. It seems like he's done a decent job so far at IU of constructing rosters with good kids that seem to enjoy each other. I'd like to think he wouldn't jeopardize that.

Banks showed flashes of really solid two way play last year in his limited time. The obvious pause I have is that he didn't show Woody enough to force his way on to the court more. But to be fair, he did have a 5th year senior in Kopp, and a 6th year senior in Race, and one of the best bigs to ever play at IU, in front of him. And Jordan and Malik both vying for time as well.

Newton I've said many times now, I just have a gut feeling on him, that he's going to surprise and be a really, really good college player. I get the Vic vibe with him. Obviously could be wrong. But one thing that Victor had going for him, was nearly unlimited playing time opportunity while at IU. He struggled his freshman year, but was allowed/able to play through those struggles.

Maybe its no longer appropriate to manage your teams that way, with the abundance of experienced talent every year in the portal? And this team, I would certainly hope, is going to be A LOT better than Vic's freshman year's team was... it was just a question/concern I'd have with the side effects of signing another starter level player.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT