ADVERTISEMENT

Cam Spencer from Rutgers is available....

He’s looking for money. He will get some I believe. RU fans are pissed. Remember when they all came over here chirping about recruiting? This is a big loss to them and their NIL. A bunch of them are complaining about NIL and still don’t fully understand it.

He’s looking for money. He will get some I believe. RU fans are pissed. Remember when they all came over here chirping about recruiting? This is a big loss to them and their NIL. A bunch of them are complaining about NIL and still don’t fully understand it.
I don't understand NIL either. The way it seems to be moving is not for a reward after the fact but for a preliminary compensation, which I didn't think was the idea when the NCAA permitted it.

I don't understand NIL either. The way it seems to be moving is not for a reward after the fact but for a preliminary compensation, which I didn't think was the idea when the NCAA permitted it.
Ncaa didn’t permit it. They got slapped in court. The ncaa tried/trying to control it but they have zero power. The reason? It’s been thrown down to be regulated by each state. Bottom line is if you are good then the market will pay you. If you want a good team then you will pay. The paying has always happened anyway.

Ncaa didn’t permit it. They got slapped in court. The ncaa tried/trying to control it but they have zero power. The reason? It’s been thrown down to be regulated by each state. Bottom line is if you are good then the market will pay you. If you want a good team then you will pay. The paying has always happened anyway.
What you're describing is professional sports, so be it then not amateur.

• Haha
Reactions: ulrey
No. Pro sports is a collective bargain meaning a team pays them a salary. IU/college only pays for scholarships. Everyone should be able to profit off of talent, name, image, likeness. NIL in pro sports is unlimited too.
Bingo, well put.

This actually helps IU in the long run as schools like Kansas were paying kids anyway, now IU can do it legally.

Within the rules of course.

It is after the fact. The guys being paid more are because of either their very high ranking out of HS or what they’ve achieved previous to their transfer. Dickinson is considered one of the best big men in college ball and he averaged 18 ppg at Michigan and because of that he will receive a high NIL payout.

Reactions: gator mcCluskey
NIL is not compensation for your ranking or stats. Except to the extent those things make you popular so an apparel brand will pay you to wear their stuff, or for product endorsements, or as an autograph-signer, or selling tee-shirts with your name on them, or whatever it is that you are actually getting NIL payments for. So in reality it may be a distinction without a difference but it seems like many people are thinking that NIL money is pay-for-play or tied to wins or stats, which it is not.

It is after the fact. The guys being paid more are because of either their very high ranking out of HS or what they’ve achieved previous to their transfer. Dickinson is considered one of the best big men in college ball and he averaged 18 ppg at Michigan and because of that he will receive a high NIL payout.

NIL is not compensation for your ranking or stats. Except to the extent those things make you popular so an apparel brand will pay you to wear their stuff, or for product endorsements, or as an autograph-signer, or selling tee-shirts with your name on them, or whatever it is that you are actually getting NIL payments for. So in reality it may be a distinction without a difference but it seems like many people are thinking that NIL money is pay-for-play or tied to wins or stats, which it is not.
Like for instance the cavender twins used social media. They had a large following before Miami. Without the ruling they would’ve been in trouble.

Rumor on GBI is Spencer is after big NIL $$. Of course that’s a Purdue source, so everything is relative. Edey still has the entire program held captive for a few weeks and all the Taco Bell gift cards are allocated at the moment.
Lmao. They don’t know what big money is. 🤣🤣🤣 RU is saying he wants like 90k. So I guess that’s big money to wannabe farmers. I guess passing a hat around is in play.

Lmao. They don’t know what big money is. 🤣🤣🤣 RU is saying he wants like 90k. So I guess that’s big money to wannabe farmers. I guess passing a hat around is in play.
Most wannabe farmers grew up on a farm. The average farmer farms around 5,000 acres, if that farmer plants those 5,000 acres in soybeans and gets an average of 65 bushel per acre, and sold it at todays price of $15 a bushel he would make over $4.8 million! Those are very average numbers! Also that farmer needs over $10 million of equipment to run their operation! Basically, most farmers could support your IU wet dreams very easily! So bring a big hat!

Most wannabe farmers grew up on a farm. The average farmer farms around 5,000 acres, if that farmer plants those 5,000 acres in soybeans and gets an average of 65 bushel per acre, and sold it at todays price of $15 a bushel he would make over $4.8 million! Those are very average numbers! Also that farmer needs over $10 million of equipment to run their operation! Basically, most farmers could support your IU wet dreams very easily! So bring a big hat!
Take a joke and go home.

And yet for all that, the highlight of the day for that farmer would be a visit to DQ. And a wild night would be driving to a big city where they could use them taco bell gift cards!

Take a joke and go home.
Right, use an example just for creative purpose and instead of arguing about basketball, which is the gist of this thread, someone wants to argue about farming.....

Leal made that much just showing up ..

fwiw - I cannot stand Rutgers. The style of play offends and bores me. So any bad news for them is a celebration moment for me and this is very bad news.

Right, use an example just for creative purpose and instead of arguing about basketball, which is the gist of this thread, someone wants to argue about farming.....

Leal made that much just showing up ..

fwiw - I cannot stand Rutgers. The style of play offends and bores me. So any bad news for them is a celebration moment for me and this is very bad news.
You should go read some of their posts. I’m getting close to (almost) feeling bad for them. They are babbling about NIL. When I say babbling I mean not making any sense.

And yet for all that, the highlight of the day for that farmer would be a visit to DQ. And a wild night would be driving to a big city where they could use them taco bell gift cards!
I must be a wannabe farmer then. Love me some Taco Bell and DQ. 😉

• Haha
Reactions: sglowrider
The average farmer farms 5000 acres?? Are you nuts.

Does the farmer rent the ground or own it? Probably 25-50 people in Indiana that own 5k acres +.

If he rents then he is probably taking 50% right off the top.... How bout inputs? another 30-40%. left making about 10-20% off that 4.8, before you buy equipment.... Farmers ain't rich

Wow! You are really going out on a limb to suggest that the NCAA actually had an "idea" when it came to structuring compensation. :)

I thought Spencer was one of the future pros in the league. Big shot maker, defends. Long range shooter.

If he came to IU he'd be no worse than a top two scorer and IU would be pretty tough to defend. I doubt he would want to go to IU though coming from Rutgers.

You seem to be confusing gross income with actual profit by a huge amount.

Reactions: hookyIU1990

Does the farmer rent the ground or own it? Probably 25-50 people in Indiana that own 5k acres +.

If he rents then he is probably taking 50% right off the top.... How bout inputs? another 30-40%. left making about 10-20% off that 4.8, before you buy equipment.... Farmers ain't rich
My neighbor is huge and rents a lot on top of that but you are right maybe a few hundred own that much. By neighbor I mean one of his fields my house was sold off the farm he bought for land . He is also heir to Reith Riley road construction. I have 2 cousins that between own and rent work together on around 2 thousand and lots of money tied up for what they make.

Not nuts, our farmer farms over 6000, our neighbors down south owns over 20000 acres and share crops whole bunch more. He has 4 or more $1 million dollar combines! Another neighbor 5 miles west of me farms more than 10000. I could go on and on! Alot of small farmers got out, sold their equipment and share crop. Our family used to have 5 farms, but sold all but 2. The other farms were bought by some not so RICH farmers. I'm talking about my neighbors. Land around us can go for $12000 to up as high $20000 an acre. Most farmers are worth Millions!

Not nuts, our farmer farms over 6000, our neighbors down south owns over 20000 acres and share crops whole bunch more. He has 4 or more $1 million dollar combines! Another neighbor 5 miles west of me farms more than 10000. I could go on and on! Alot of small farmers got out, sold their equipment and share crop. Our family used to have 5 farms, but sold all but 2. The other farms were bought by some not so RICH farmers. I'm talking about my neighbors. Land around us can go for $12000 to up as high $20000 an acre. Most farmers are worth Millions!
Dude, do you mind sharing what cash crop you are currently smoking? I want some of that!

Yep I know the big boys in this county.
Not just little millions..But multi millionaire's...Daviess County has some the states best ground..A acre here is 15k and north..Amish in this county can drive the price sky high..Very much a bidding war at times..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT