ADVERTISEMENT

Caitlin Clark Snubbed

Putting her on the team puts eyes on the product. She isn't going to get time to mature with the way things are going because her league mates are hell bent on turning off the new viewers.
Did you tune into IU basketball games to watch Tim Priller? Last year, did you watch to see Kaleb Banks? Because if she were on the team, that's about how much she'd play. Giving her fanbase yet another thing ot complain about.

btw, last night, they won, despite blowing a 20 point lead. She was 3-11, 1-6, 6A, 7 TO and couldn't keep the dribble in front of her on defense.

She has been the reason for the ratings spike. And again, "skyrocket" is really subjective. She is as ready for the Olympics as Tarausi was her first year.
The WNBA is more talent now than it was then.

But whatever, I am not the WNBA's demographic and they have made it clear that in order to participate in or be a fan of their league you have to bow to a certain worldview. One I don't really agree with.
Dumb. That's on you.

Couple that with boring shitty basketball and there is a reason next to no one gave a shit about the league before Clark came along. It won't matter if Clark is performing well 4 years from now with the way they are doing things at the moment. Most of the casuals coming around to watch her aren't going to stick around that long, particularly casuals who don't support the league's politics and are just there to watch ball.
Her being on the Olympic team won't change that. Her getting traction in the next year or to as a player who can win will matter way more.

The league has made it abundantly clear that the sport is secondary to what they are trying to push.
Dumb. That's your inference and speaks more to your world view in whatever tripe you're trying to push here.

You're so marginalized. LOL

Last edited:
They bullied her today into making comments about their pet projects. "Her fans are racists and homophobes and she needs to talk on it." Her own teammates had their girlfriend and friends throwing barbs. Frankly, if I were her I don't know if all of this would be worth it. Go ball in France or Germany and let this shit league implode.
They've been propped up financially by the NBA for the entire time they've existed, but my understanding is that they've started turning annual profits in either 22 or 23.
No wonder progressive are enamored with the league. Someone else pays for it. Fitting.

Does the WNBA make money or lose money?

Are they viable, financially, without the NBA?
It's about 50/50 on teams which are profitable.

But guess what, the NBA wasn't completely profitable until the mid-80's when they started growing their TV deals. So that's nearly 40 years of stagnation. The Pacers weren't profitable in the NBA until late 90's. They have always been a passion project of the Simon family, which worked hard to keep the Pacers in Indiana.

Most teams were propped up by owners with much larger business entities, like Simon Malls.

Being a professional sports franchise owner is about two things. Being part of a very exclusive club and valuation of assets. Simons bought the Pacers for $11M. It's worth $2.6B now.

Did you tune into IU basketball games to watch Tim Priller? Last year, did you watch to see Kaleb Banks? Because if she were on the team, that's about how much she'd play. Giving her fanbase yet another thing ot complain about.

btw, last night, they won, despite blowing a 20 point lead. She was 3-11, 1-6, 6A, 7 TO and couldn't keep the dribble in front of her on defense.
The Alpha Bros bring politics and social issues into everything. All you have to do is look how this topic started.

Reactions: T.M.P.
Dream Team Was Here
giphy.webp

Who cares if they are pushing Clark games on TV. It's no different than other league when it comes to National telecasts. Te NBA games are Lakers, Knicks, Celtics, Heat and then a couple of teams with the Big stars.

If there is nothing on TV I will tune into a game with Brink or Plum but it doesn't take long before I move onto something else. I don't see anything Clark does I like better than anything I've seen out Ionescu in my limited viewing of the league. I'd rather watch Zoe fleck than any of them.

Because in his view, she was left off so they could get more blacks and lesbians…and *gasp* black lesbians on the team. Basically, it was a calculated and personal snub to every red-blooded MAGAt.

Did you not get the memo Soros sent after our last meeting? It’s a whole list of shit we can do to piss off MAGAts.
Bingo.

What about all the white folks who get undeserved jobs through legacy or nepotism? Why do you always bring up race? Are you afraid POC may get a chance to get ahead?
Bronny James is about to get drafted because of his Dad. As a white guy I only got one job because of being related to someone. My Uncle had a janitorial service company and I got the job of cleaning the department store he had a contract with in Kokomo IN. So I was a janitor. It was a part time gig so the extra cash was nice. But I might have been able to get a comparable job on my own.

Reactions: Willdog7
I was watching it live. She was swatting at the ball but doesn't have the hops. Nothing malicious about that play.
Yeah, I’m one that thinks they re targeting CC, but that was not a flagrant. And Kennedy, the woman who did flagrant her ( yes I made it a verb) last time, kept her from falling. Chicago and Indy are going to have a nice little rivalry. Caitlin’s best game. I know lots of people who were there with their Dads and Dads that took their kids. Great game for them to see. And I loved that it was on CBS!

Last edited:
I was watching it live. She was swatting at the ball but doesn't have the hops. Nothing malicious about that play.
I disagree. She should have gotten F2 and injected.

The Fever coach needs to find a player near the end of the bench to retaliate. It’s not hard to even things up. I only played through my senior year of high school. It’s not that hard to get even.

Remember when Illinois center Myles Leonard tripped Cody running up the court? Just a few plays later Cody came down with a rebound and his elbow just happened to bloody Leonard’s face. He did it without a foul being called.

I disagree. She should have gotten F2 and injected.

The Fever coach needs to find a player near the end of the bench to retaliate. It’s not hard to even things up. I only played through my senior year of high school. It’s not that hard to get even.

Remember when Illinois center Myles Leonard tripped Cody running up the court? Just a few plays later Cody came down with a rebound and his elbow just happened to bloody Leonard’s face. He did it without a foul being called.

Out here choosing violence... I like it.

I know this isn't apples to apples but she's getting the same treatment that Jordan got when he would play the Pistons.

She's going to do one of two things... get tougher and learn to play through the contact or she's going to shrivel up and not adjust.

It's up to her to decide because she's in the big leagues now. She got away with a lot in college that grown ups that get paid to play the game aren't going to let her do.

Reactions: UncleMark
I know this isn't apples to apples but she's getting the same treatment that Jordan got when he would play the Pistons.

She's going to do one of two things... get tougher and learn to play through the contact or she's going to shrivel up and not adjust.

It's up to her to decide because she's in the big leagues now. She got away with a lot in college that grown ups that get paid to play the game aren't going to let her do.
Or the Fever could go sign the female equivalent of Charles Oakley.

I watched it live. It was a clear F1 foul, since it was a blow to the head and no contact with the ball. Intent doesn't matter. I don't think there was intent to clock her in the head but that's not relevant.

Reactions: UncleMark
I watched it live. It was a clear F1 foul, since it was a blow to the head and no contact with the ball. Intent doesn't matter. I don't think there was intent to clock her in the head but that's not relevant.
Exactly. People are looking for beef where there is none.

If it were the other way around this would be blown up even more. I wonder if CC could use the excuse "she doesn't have hops"? lol If you can't jump don't try to block shots coming in at a bad angle.

The women's game is played less than a foot off the hardwood and is hard on the eyes unless the court is full of Tyra Buss types. For goodness sake the girl from one of the teams was crying after getting beat in a regular season game.

Also, CC should be on the Olympic team even if she is not one of the best 12 ( I have no idea if she is or isn't) because she is the number 1 most marketable player. The big nosed girl who played at UConn is like 40+ and has several medals she should take the summer off and ramp up for her 25th season of meaning less basketball in the WNBA and let the league try to prosper under the likes of CC.

Women's basketball is not relevant in about 95% of the world so there is probably a less than 1% chance they don't win the gold so put CC on the team and use it as a marketing tool for the league.

If it were the other way around this would be blown up even more. I wonder if CC could use the excuse "she doesn't have hops"? lol If you can't jump don't try to block shots coming in at a bad angle.

The women's game is played less than a foot off the hardwood and is hard on the eyes unless the court is full of Tyra Buss types. For goodness sake the girl from one of the teams was crying after getting beat in a regular season game.

Also, CC should be on the Olympic team even if she is not one of the best 12 ( I have no idea if she is or isn't) because she is the number 1 most marketable player. The big nosed girl who played at UConn is like 40+ and has several medals she should take the summer off and ramp up for her 25th season of meaning less basketball in the WNBA and let the league try to prosper under the likes of CC.

Women's basketball is not relevant in about 95% of the world so there is probably a less than 1% chance they don't win the gold so put CC on the team and use it as a marketing tool for the league.
You have awfully strong opinions for not really watching the games. “The big nosed girl who played at UConn? Reese is en excellent rebounder and definitely has hops. She had 13 rebounds yesterday….

• Haha
Reactions: ulrey

sat0yQmo_400x400.jpg

Bronny James is about to get drafted because of his Dad. As a white guy I only got one job because of being related to someone. My Uncle had a janitorial service company and I got the job of cleaning the department store he had a contract with in Kokomo IN. So I was a janitor. It was a part time gig so the extra cash was nice. But I might have been able to get a comparable job on my own.
Bronny James will or won't make the NBA because of his talent. You only name 1 person and your own experience. There are millions of whites, who hired their own. Look at any job, hospital, business, or government all are majority white.

Bronny James will or won't make the NBA because of his talent. You only name 1 person and your own experience. There are millions of whites, who hired their own. Look at any job, hospital, business, or government all are majority white.
Oh for fvcks sake. That's because the population is majority white. You do your cause no favors. Not every god damned thing is due to race.

You have awfully strong opinions for not really watching the games. “The big nosed girl who played at UConn? Reese is en excellent rebounder and definitely has hops. She had 13 rebounds yesterday….
I don't think that's who he's talking about. She's not 40+ and didn't play for UCONN. I assume he's talking about Taurasi

Who is Reece? I thought her name was Angel? My opinions are just from the limited shit I see on X and tik tok.
Really 13 rebounds in a game that the height difference from PG to C is about 3-4 inches, lol.

Am I wrong about the big nosed girl from UConn (Tarasi, I looked it up) she is 42 so I was spot on. :)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier

When you blame EVERYTHING on racism, you're not being honest.

This isn't 1940. Everyone isn't out to get you.

You guys are both ridiculous at this point. VPM, of course white people have benefited from things like Nepotism for centuries, as have other cultures.

In other news, Willdog still thinks White people are the devil.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT