ADVERTISEMENT

Caitlin Clark Snubbed

Tarausi is understandable. She will go down as a top 3 (probably the best) player ever. If Lebron is still playing 4 years from now, we will likely see him have his swan song on the 2028 Olympic team (especially since they will be in L.A.). And I would think most will be ok with that.
I would also suggest that Brittany Griner should not be on the team. She was injured during the pre-season and is only now starting to play. So her record for THIS YEAR is non-existant.

As far as Lebron and 2028, I am OK wit that only if he is playing at an All-Star level.

I would also suggest that Brittany Griner should not be on the team. She was injured during the pre-season and is only now starting to play. So her record for THIS YEAR is non-existant.

As far as Lebron and 2028, I am OK wit that only if he is playing at an All-Star level.
We didn’t trade Russian criminals for her to have her sitting on the bench!!

A 2028 Lebron would likely not be one of the 12-13 best American players. He'd be 43. It would be unprecedented in any sport. More impressive than Tom Brady.

He MAY still Top 50. You okay with it then?

Some become lesbian for other reasons, frequently poor past relationships with a male partner or authority figure. Maybe some for attention, or in Sue Bird’s case conform to the culture in which she operates.

But do I believe in female homosexuality as a biological phenomenon? Not really.
Maybe they switch only because, “that stuff IS that good”!

• Love
Reactions: WhyisIUBBcursed
The draw alone would have been incredible. Imagine the ticket prices with her on the roster. It makes zero sense. That may have been the most exciting ticket for every single event over there.
And yet they choose Butch Griner who openly stated her contempt for the US

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
Some become lesbian for other reasons, frequently poor past relationships with a male partner or authority figure. Maybe some for attention, or in Sue Bird’s case conform to the culture in which she operates.

But do I believe in female homosexuality as a biological phenomenon? Not really.
You turned your girlfriend into a lesbian and you’re bitter about it?

Reactions: UncleMark
This DEI crap has gone too far. IDK why she got left off the team. Politics? I wonder how many of these girls on the roster actually give a crap about the USA. Also, growing up the Olympics were a big deal, has that luster completely worn off?

Another article

Just incredibly f-ing stupid.

I've seen a lot of bad takes for and against Caitlin Clark. This was by far and away the most inept I've seen. Congratulations.

• Haha

You think Sue Bird became a lesbian because all the cool girls were doing it?

Just utterly....just stupid.

My gaydar sucks. I'm always the last one to realize someone is gay. Sue Bird was one that surprised me. Maybe it was wishful thinking on my part...
I used to say if she played for the Fever, I'd stalk her. Little did I know that I didn't have a chance. :cool:

But good news for me! There is a derelict perspective presented on here that Bird is just a lesbian due to conformity. So I'm still in the game!

I used to say if she played for the Fever, I'd stalk her. Little did I know that I didn't have a chance. :cool:

But good news for me! There is a derelict perspective presented on here that Bird is just a lesbian due to conformity. So I'm still in the game!
In truth, I don’t know what Bird’s reasons are for being a Lesbian. I just know it’s not biological.

A 2028 Lebron would likely not be one of the 12-13 best American players. He'd be 43. It would be unprecedented in any sport. More impressive than Tom Brady.

No. He will have had multiple Olympic appearances by then. His resume would not need any embellishment.

And, he may be taking away the opportunity of another player who may have only one chance to play for the national team and to win Olympic gold.

In truth, I don’t know what Bird’s reasons are for being a Lesbian. I just know it’s not biological.
You’re right, but it’s also not biological to be attracted to the opposite sex. There is no gay gene or straight gene. Believe it or not it’s possible to procreate without having to be attracted to the other person. 😃

Male homosexuality is a real phenomenon in nature, lesbians are not.

It’s why they hate each other so much. One knows the others are frauds and one knows that the other knows they are frauds.
So can you explain how and why male is real but female is not? That’s even more idiotic. So ugly guys don’t decide to be gay?

On a barely related note, I read today that the most recently crowned Miss Indiana (2024) is married with 3 children.
Now, before all you GOP operatives get too butthurt about how this is just another example of wokery run amuck, here is her pic...

933ee87b-f0a4-457e-951c-a1566079fecb_1920x1080.jpg

3 words for Mrs. Stephanie Sullivan:

Hot. As. Balls.

On a barely related note, I read today that the most recently crowned Miss Indiana (2024) is married with 3 children.
Now, before all you GOP operatives get too butthurt about how this is just another example of wokery run amuck, here is her pic...

3 words:
Hot. As. Balls.
The Dream Team trying to talk to women...

Yes, because it’s Lebron. The all-time leading scorer in NBA history with, by then, a 25 year body of work, and probably the most recognizable athlete on the planet.

3 words for Mrs. Stephanie Sullivan:

Hot. As. Balls.
That’s Mrs Indiana to you

Reactions: Bloom.
This DEI crap has gone too far. IDK why she got left off the team. Politics? I wonder how many of these girls on the roster actually give a crap about the USA. Also, growing up the Olympics were a big deal, has that luster completely worn off?

Another article

It’s good to see your embarrassingly bad takes also include sports and or women’s basketball in this case.

Not only did she not deserve to make the Olympic team, if there had been a second Olympic team from the United States, she wouldn’t have deserved to make that one either. This isn’t college. She’s wildly inconsistent so far in the WNBA, she leads the league in turnovers, she shooting about 32% from the field and less than 25% from the three-point line.

It is interesting to see a bunch of maga folks are suddenly interested in giving out participation trophies, though. That’s usually not your thing.

It’s good to see your embarrassingly bad takes also include sports and or women’s basketball in this case.

Not only did she not deserve to make the Olympic team, if there had been a second Olympic team from the United States, she wouldn’t have deserved to make that one either. This isn’t college. She’s wildly inconsistent so far in the WNBA, she leads the league in turnovers, she shooting about 32% from the field and less than 25% from the three-point line.

It is interesting to see a bunch of maga folks are suddenly interested in giving out participation trophies, though. That’s usually not your thing.
She wasn’t “snubbed” as the OP states but that’s a big time mistake by women’s bball - a sport no one gives a shit about. The league averaged 6k people in attendance with some teams at 4k. I looked up who the highest paid player is and it’s Jackie young. Never heard of her. Apparently she was a number 1 draft pick a few years ago. She has 100k followers on instagram. That’s it. No one cares.

They need to follow the path of US Women’s soccer and build stars. Alex Morgan has 10 million on instagram. She’s a household name. She elevates viewership. Salaries. Opportunities etc. Clark can do the same but you can’t wait. No one cares if the women win the Olympics. Few will even watch. Clark would have brought more eyes even if she’s sitting at the end of the bench.

And it’s not like she’s a bum. 14 th in leading scorers. 4th in 3s. 4th in assists. Let her play 2 minutes in garbage time. Help build the brand

She wasn’t “snubbed” as the OP states but that’s a big time mistake by women’s bball - a sport no one gives a shit about. The league averaged 6k people in attendance with some teams at 4k. I looked up who the highest paid player is and it’s Jackie young. Never heard of her. Apparently she was a number 1 draft pick a few years ago. She has 100k followers on instagram. That’s it. No one cares.

They need to follow the path of US Women’s soccer and build stars. Alex Morgan has 10 million on instagram. She’s a household name. She elevates viewership. Salaries. Opportunities etc. Clark can do the same but you can’t wait. No one cares if the women win the Olympics. Few will even watch. Clark would have brought more eyes even if she’s sitting at the end of the bench.

And it’s not like she’s a bum. 14 th in leading scorers. 4th in 3s. 4th in assists. Let her play 2 minutes in garbage time. Help build the brand
Participation trophy. Like I said.

The US women’s national team built Alex Morgan’s profile, not the other way around. You know this. She filled the void left by retiring, mega stars who built the sport themselves and earned their spots.

Participation trophy. Like I said.

The US women’s national team built Alex Morgan’s profile, not the other way around. You know this. She filled the void left by retiring, mega stars who built the sport themselves and earned their spots.
It was names and personalities too. Mia hamm etc before her. This was a wasted opportunity. This is a stage that draws more attention but now probably won’t

Alex Morgan has 10 million on instagram. She’s a household name. She elevates viewership. Salaries. Opportunities etc. Clark can do the same but you can’t wait.

Alex Morgan and Mia Hamm are babes. Caitlin Clark is not. Anyone who thinks that doesn't make a difference is kidding himself.

• Haha
Reactions: WhyisIUBBcursed
Alex Morgan and Mia Hamm are babes. Caitlin Clark is not. Anyone who thinks that doesn't make a difference is kidding himself.
There’s definitely truth to that. But rising tides lift all boats. They elevated chastain and many, many others. Clark brings attention to the sport. Why miss this opportunity on a unique stage. Strike while it’s hot. No Clark no one will care

Another article

Put the Flag back how it's suppose to go (in your avatar), traitor.

How can you whine about DEI when you've got an upside down flag, like you're in some distress?

How many ****ing flags do you maga dorks have now?

Reactions: IU_Hickory
There’s definitely truth to that. But rising tides lift all boats. They elevated chastain and many, many others. Clark brings attention to the sport. Why miss this opportunity on a unique stage. Strike while it’s hot.
They could have easily doubled or even tripled the air time the women's team would get by including her as a "scrub" a the end of the bench. It was a wasted opportunity. Now we'll have to continue to hear people asking why no one pays attn to it while they focus on the men's team. Sometimes, people can't get out of their own way.

Put the Flag back how it's suppose to go (in your avatar), traitor.

How can you whine about DEI when you've got an upside down flag, like you're in some distress?

How many ****ing flags do you maga dorks have now?

oh but they're patriots, didn't you know? patriots that don't abide by election results.

There’s definitely truth to that. But rising tides lift all boats. They elevated chastain and many, many others. Clark brings attention to the sport. Why miss this opportunity on a unique stage. Strike while it’s hot.

I guess it all boils down to whether or not they're making a basketball decision or a business decision.

Leaving her off the team brings out all the nutters claiming it's because she's white and straight. If she made the team but sat on the bench would things be any different?

They could have easily doubled or even tripled the air time the women's team would get by including her as a "scrub" a the end of the bench. It was a wasted opportunity. Now we'll have to continue to hear people asking why no one pays attn to it while they focus on the men's team. Sometimes, people can't get out of their own way.
Yeah I mean it makes no sense. Terrible business. The leading scorer in the WNBA has 100k followers. That’s pitiful.

Reactions: dbmhoosier
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT