ADVERTISEMENT

Brohm wants an interview with auburn

Luvlle...you have to let your jaw slack down to the left with chawjuice running out.
Perhaps, but for those of us here in southern Indiana they know of which I speak. I remember meeting my first group of friends in Bloomington and, upon hearing the accent, kept asking where I was from. My response, “I’m from southern Indiana, where the f**k are you from?”
Anyway, good times.

Perhaps, but for those of us here in southern Indiana they know of which I speak. I remember meeting my first group of friends in Bloomington and, upon hearing the accent, kept asking where I was from. My response, “I’m from southern Indiana, where the f**k are you from?”
Anyway, good times.
Same here. When I moved South they called me Yankee. At IU they called me southern among other things. Huge grin! I'm from Vanderburg county. Dad is from Warrick. Go Hoosiers!

Reactions: 3rdindianacav
Anyway, good times.

It is amazing when you get outside of the northern suburbs of Indy how quickly the accent picks up. Indy was described as "broadcast standard" or net neutral accent I don't know of that is the case any longer.

Remember, this is the same gem of a human being that told his team they had nothing to worry about and then hopped in the car to go negotiate with Lueyville.
Show me where Brohm seriously entertained that job. Everything I've heard after the fact was Brohm wasn't leaving because he didn't want to leave the guys he brought in after making promises.

• Haha
Reactions: 76-1
Show me where Brohm seriously entertained that job. Everything I've heard after the fact was Brohm wasn't leaving because he didn't want to leave the guys he brought in after making promises.

Are you suggesting he didn't meet with lvl after he spoke to the players?

Brohm 100% met with Louisville and had serious interest in the job. Due to the buyout Louisville owed Petrino on top of the Pitino's litigation into the $40 million they potential owe him, they couldn't agree to terms. Brohm and Tyra (Lousiville AD) are very good friends. No chance Brohm strayed him along.

I'm suggesting there isn't any concrete proof that it happened and I've seen reports where it was made out to be more than it was.

Not only did they meet, Louisville had an actual contract and figures for him, but didn't come anywhere close to what Purdue was willing to match/offer. I believe their offer was in the mid $4mil/yr range but a significantly less in pool money for assistants. That and he wanted an excessive term length as Louisville was a major rebuild. Louisville didn't have the money as evident to Satterfield getting just north of $3mil/yr.

Last edited:
Reactions: 76-1 and BoilerN
Same here. When I moved South they called me Yankee. At IU they called me southern among other things. Huge grin! I'm from Vanderburg county. Dad is from Warrick. Go Hoosiers!
Clark county, right across the moat from the @ville. I have also lived in eastern Kentucky and southeastern Virginia. Yankee in the last two places and southern at IU (in supposedly southern Indiana, lol). The Louisville metro area, or Indiuky/SunnysideofLouisville has its own dialect. Only place I’ve ever been normal.

Last edited:
if brohm gets an interview, then I might as well try to get an interview as well.

I used to manage college football teams on my original xbox.

Ok, but how did you do because the expectation is that you would beat Nick Saban consistently.....

The rumor was he met with them in person to say no because he respected the university. I mean, if you want to go that route, might as well say he said no to Tennessee the year before. Must not be a bad coach then.

lol

You bet...wink wink

As hilarious as that is, I can't imagine he gets his request even if this is true. His stock has fallen at least some in the past few years, plus Auburn has first-hand experience from that Music City Bowl.
Yeah, let's hope they don't look at him. I like him staying at Purdue, particularly if word gets out he's looking.

why would they interview Brohm?

A) somebody down there has a great sense of humor ((or a Really warped one))🙈😉

B) K. Steele wants the powers that be to remember what his D did to the not-so-mighty toy train engineers (and talked a pal on the search committee into it) 🤣🤣

C) somebody down there actually knows Brohmardi and is just screwing with him by feeding his Legend in His Own Mind ego🙉

D) somebody down there hates the p u AD😷🙊

E) All of the Above 🤣🙉🤣

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT