ADVERTISEMENT

Brohm wants an interview with auburn

Per the auburn 247 site
Intel: Brohm has shown interest in the job this week and desires an interview with the committee.

That's Hilarious!!!🤣🤣🤣

I'd be amazed if they give him one...

Shows what he thinks of his AD...😉
He's hoping he can shake him down for more money... 🙈

What a clown show up there... All they need to do is find a Circus and they could take that show on the road...

Couldn't happen to a more deserving group of people...😉😎🤣

I don't think its true. But I am curious to get Auburn fans feelings on the topic so I just posted this theory on their forum and am dying to get their fans feedback. 🤣 🤣

That's gotta be a load of horse bleep. The guy can't be lacking self awareness to that extreme degree, can he?

I don't think its true. But I am curious to get Auburn fans feelings on the topic so I just posted this theory on their forum and am dying to get their fans feedback. 🤣 🤣
I agree. Why would Brohm wait until after signing day, after he met with the AD at Purdue, and after the AD spoke on the future of Purdue football and what him and Brohm thought needed to happen, where he also said Brohm is the guy 100%. Timeline doesn't add up. If he did contact auburn, my guess is to request interviews for assistant coaches currently there.

Reactions: vesuvius13
I agree. Why would Brohm wait until after signing day, after he met with the AD at Purdue, and after the AD spoke on the future of Purdue football and what him and Brohm thought needed to happen, where he also said Brohm is the guy 100%. Timeline doesn't add up. If he did contact auburn, my guess is to request interviews for assistant coaches currently there.

Yeah, there is a 0% chance he gets offered a job there. A couple years back I would've been able to see it but just off performance alone, it lacks the same excitement. Brohm isn't a bad coach and still could show to be a really good coach but as we sit today, Auburn is not putting their hat in that ring.

Any school that fires a coach, then hires a guy he beat 63-14 in a bowl game, deserves what they get.

IF that is true, I just lost a LOT of respect for Awburn.

As for Brohmbardi - if he is looking to leave, then he is not the guy I thought he was after watching him at Trinity and UofL. He was a ornery sumbitch that would fight a Kracken to win back in the day. Maybe Purdue sucked the life out of him?

Any school that fires a coach, then hires a guy he beat 63-14 in a bowl game, deserves what they get.

IF that is true, I just lost a LOT of respect for Awburn.

As for Brohmbardi - if he is looking to leave, then he is not the guy I thought he was after watching him at Trinity and UofL. He was a ornery sumbitch that would fight a Kracken to win back in the day. Maybe Purdue sucked the life out of him?

The clown has obviously "evolved" into just an SOB...

He's become a "Legend In His Own Mind"...

The only Coach with a similar complete lack of self awareness of who and what he actually is as a Head Coach and how others evaluate him is Frost at Nebraska... That's not a guy you want to be compared to...😉

Looks to me like he's begging Bobinski to fire him so he can somehow salvage his career as an HC elsewhere... 2 more years at p u and he'll be lucky to get an interview with Kentucky Wesleyan as an OC...😉

I don't think there is any hype left for Brohm, and I agree with an OP that there is a 0% chance Auburn is looking at him for a head coach. However, it is wise for Brohm to try to get another gig before he gets fired by PU and argue his results are due to "it's PU." PU fired Hope after 4 years with similar results. If he's fired by PU, then nobody will touch him.

I've always said that recruiting to Purdue would be a very, very tough job. Indiana has a much more pleasing campus/feel/look/appeal and that can't be denied. He obviously wants out...Of course the rumors in Louisville were that he actually wanted the Indiana job before the Purdue job back a few years ago....

Reactions: vesuvius13 and DANC
That's Hilarious!!!🤣🤣🤣

I'd be amazed if they give him one...

Shows what he thinks of his AD...😉
He's hoping he can shake him down for more money... 🙈

What a clown show up there... All they need to do is find a Circus and they could take that show on the road...

Couldn't happen to a more deserving group of people...😉😎🤣
I do not go on the PU boards. Can anyone sum up the transfers? Now the HC wants out? Are there real issues or just the normal frustration with a losing season?

I don't think there is any hype left for Brohm, and I agree with an OP that there is a 0% chance Auburn is looking at him for a head coach. However, it is wise for Brohm to try to get another gig before he gets fired by PU and argue his results are due to "it's PU." PU fired Hope after 4 years with similar results. If he's fired by PU, then nobody will touch him.
I think his buy out is significant.
Don't most fired coaches catch on somewhere? A smaller program as HC or a big program as OC or DC?

I do not go on the PU boards. Can anyone sum up the transfers? Now the HC wants out? Are there real issues or just the normal frustration with a losing season?
The transfers? There have been 3 announced transfers from Purdue. A senior WR who didn't play, a sophomore WR whose snaps were waning due to being passed, and a juco corner who gave up like 3 touchdowns in a game and was benched. Purdue doesn't have any more of a transfer problem than anyone else. They just need to keep adding talent and experience.

Diaco was the main issue. Some behind the scenes stuff that wasn't great. Clean that up, return the roster. Purdue wasn't far off from having a winning record this year and they are going to run it back with a new DC. They will be ok.

• Haha
Reactions: vesuvius13 and 76-1
maybe JB wants to talk to McGriff re: open DC spot?

I've always said that recruiting to Purdue would be a very, very tough job. Indiana has a much more pleasing campus/feel/look/appeal and that can't be denied. He obviously wants out...Of course the rumors in Louisville were that he actually wanted the Indiana job before the Purdue job back a few years ago....

Why you keep harping on this I have no idea. Recruits care about other things besides the campus lol. He wanted the IU job instead of Purdue? Lol

We’ve had 2 guys enter the transfer portal so far. Neither figured to get much playing time next year.

I actually liked Danny, but he was too much of a country boy for Purdue's snobby crowd....
I don't know what you're talking about. Joe Tiller was Wyoming through and through and died there, I believe. I also don't buy that it's more difficult to recruit to Purdue. There is an entire 1/3 of the state's population that has never been with an hour of Bloomington and considers Michigan State to be more of the state school than Indiana. Purdue has access to those players. They are also much closer to the state of Illinois. They also owned us in in-state recruiting for about 10-15 years. Purdue is not a terrible job.

Brohm did a helluva job, as did their marketing team and ticket office, and they were packing that place and over-performing. With that being said, I know people will be desperate to get back out into civilization and normalcy, but I cannot imagine them having much buzz for season ticket sales next season.

I think that it will be VERY interesting to see how many season tickets we are able to sell at Indiana next season. My hope is that we can get that base up to about 40-42k.

Reactions: Mackeyfan247

Remember, this is the same gem of a human being that told his team they had nothing to worry about and then hopped in the car to go negotiate with Lueyville.

The transfers? There have been 3 announced transfers from Purdue. A senior WR who didn't play, a sophomore WR whose snaps were waning due to being passed, and a juco corner who gave up like 3 touchdowns in a game and was benched. Purdue doesn't have any more of a transfer problem than anyone else. They just need to keep adding talent and experience.

Diaco was the main issue. Some behind the scenes stuff that wasn't great. Clean that up, return the roster. Purdue wasn't far off from having a winning record this year and they are going to run it back with a new DC. They will be ok.
I didn't understand the Diaco hire. He runs a 3-4 and the best unit on your D was the dline. Weakest was LB. Why on earth would you want to switch out a dlineman for an extra LB? Plus Karlaftis seemed to be more suited to a 4-3 D.

I think Brohm might have some difficulty finding an established DC. Year 5 will result in a 3rd DC. Plus if the team doesn't do well the seat is going to begin to warm substantially.

Brohm will have to find a talented inexperienced guy for that position.

Reactions: vesuvius13 and iulb

Very true. Now that IU has decent facilities it is a much more appealing job. Tom Allen got IU into the top ten, and he had no prior DI head coaching experience when he took the job.

I didn't understand the Diaco hire. He runs a 3-4 and the best unit on your D was the dline. Weakest was LB. Why on earth would you want to switch out a dlineman for an extra LB? Plus Karlaftis seemed to be more suited to a 4-3 D.

Because Jeff Brohm doesn't know what he's doing. He took a batch of players with some decent individual talent from the last regime starving for any kind of success and had achieved mediocrity. Those players are gone and he's failed miserably at developing or constructing any semblance of a functioning roster. Brohm had the luxury of selling immediate playing time to guys like Rondale Moore and David Bell but that well has dried up and he's clearly in over his head. He's got a massive buyout, maybe he's trying to get fired and out of the dump town. Hell, I would.

Why you keep harping on this I have no idea. Recruits care about other things besides the campus lol. He wanted the IU job instead of Purdue? Lol
Yes I agree most campuses look the same to an 18 yr. old. Especially on just 1-2 visits. I think they care more about the FB facilities and the opportunities.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT