ADVERTISEMENT

Bret Bielema back to the B1G?

His last 3 Wisky teams scored close to 200 points on IU. Would love to start paying his fat ass back. If he does take over there, hope we can get that Illini game Barry took off the schedule this yr back on next year. That would be fun. Barry didn't like it when he left. Hope he "rewards" him with some tough cross overs since Warren has ceded all football matters to DON Corleone Alvarez.

Last edited:
He excelled at Wisconsin but absolutely bombed at Arkansas. I wouldn't be too happy as having him be our coach. Although it needs to be said that winning games in the SEC West is a far tougher job than winning games in the laughable Big Ten West.

Tom Allen would have Indiana in first place in that division this year and definitely next year with the talent returning.

Let's get some thoughts from NoVertical on this matter...Unless he's still on his bender celebration (which would be day 11) post Wisconsin??

Reactions: vesuvius13
more about the wife please.
I’ll let the pictures do the talking:

jen-bielema-vegas-594x594-4eb5536363693deac0df741b1f38e7fe.jpg

Bielema6.jpg

667b19850b3d2c5f66c9e03f5cd4f5d1.jpg

jen-bielema-arkansas.jpg

jen-bielema-rodeo.jpg

Kv-Q9wVoMxtoa1wgXAWqZ-fS1U7ZFsMCfgq_8QriKwcotIb9obx3v1XSbpMUKV8YzXtjZqvd61GDWoEU9rFV3r0NsskjR_EaEV8D_SjdWL01j9BdYbofLlyhG52RwQ42eA

this thread has devolved...

Bielema would be a horrible hire. What is with their new AD and stale NFL dudes. Think he hired Smith within 24 hours of becoming AD. Go out and make a bright and shiny hire this time.

Reactions: IU73
He did real well at Wisc. following Barry's lead but when he tried to take the same plan to Ark. he failed miserably. If he is stuck on the Wisc model I doubt he will succeeed at Ill. But ...
Time will tell.

Reactions: vesuvius13 and 76-1

Bielema would be a horrible hire. What is with their new AD and stale NFL dudes. Think he hired Smith within 24 hours of becoming AD. Go out and make a bright and shiny hire this time.
It has. Who was the meltdown wife. Drunk, yelling, thrown out of a game? Those posts were fun, tho sorry she has problems

I hope they hire him. I think he’s extremely overrated. I’m scared they’ll hire Monken.

I missed earlier that Lovie was let go. After 5 yrs, he never really got over the hump and that's about the timeline of a HC evaluation. Note: Allen has turned it around in 3, with year 4 being Top 10! Coaches and leadership matter.

I totally agree Bielema would not be a great hire. Therefore, go for it Illinois. We like recruiting your best HS players. If it were me, I would be looking hard at the University of Buffalo coach.

Not sure how to interpret this ? Lol. Champaign is a great college town that is practically unrecognizable compared to even just 10 years ago. It consistently gets ranked as one of the best college towns in the US.
I've been to Champaign. I've driven through Champaign. I've watched a football game at Memorial stadium.

Sir, Champaign is not a great college town.

It is flat. It is boring. There is no nightlife.

My advice is to get out out of town once in a while and visit any other Big Ten university. Illinois - with competition from Purdue - is the least interesting campus in the Big Ten.

I've been to Champaign. I've driven through Champaign. I've watched a football game at Memorial stadium.

Sir, Champaign is not a great college town.

It is flat. It is boring. There is no nightlife.

My advice is to get out out of town once in a while and visit any other Big Ten university. Illinois - with competition from Purdue - is the least interesting campus in the Big Ten.

Well, I guess your Hoosier opinion is what it is, haha. I live in Chicago, and I’ve been to Bloomington. It’s a fine college town, though outside of the campus it seems VERY small. To say Champaign has no nightlife says more about how fun you are than Champaign, haha.

Reactions: Indianaftw
Fair answer, but we’ve tried the mid-major route, and it’s a high ceiling/low floor endeavor. As I’m SURE you guys can appreciate, we’re just aiming to not be a joke. I think this hire has a good chance of achieving that.
Beliema's run at Wisc was just continuing the success they already had. He failed to build Ark and I'm not sure why UI thinks he will do it there. I would not be excited about this hire.

Reactions: 76-1 and vesuvius13
Reactions: DANC and vesuvius13
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT