ADVERTISEMENT

BOT Voting

Courtsensetwo

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Oct 16, 2004
If you have yet to cast your BOT vote, you have until the end of June.

Encourage you to read the candidate statements, most are rather telling of what their focus is.

If you ar a DEI supporter there are a couple of candidates with a heavy focus.

If you are focused on maintaining/improving IU's status as the flagship/premier academic university in the state; there are a couple of candidates with heavy focus.

Regardless...vote.

Reactions: nichlee

Encourage you to read the candidate statements, most are rather telling of what their focus is.

If you are focused on maintaining/improving IU's status as the flagship/premier academic university in the state; there are a couple of candidates with heavy focus.

Regardless...vote.
I voted for the Maurer gal. Family has done a lot for IU. Seems like a good choice

Regardless...vote.
Who could I vote for that would send a message of dissatisfaction to QB? Or to put it another way, who would be most likely to be a thorn in Quinn’s side?

Last edited:
Here's are the thumbnail bios and statements of intent of the current candidates... Quite a few DEI advocates listed...

I'd suggest everyone read those bios very closely before voting...

If you see DEI support, student loan forgiveness, etc, don’t even think about voting for the candidate.

If IU doesn’t do a good enough job with graduates that they can’t pay their loans back, well that says something bad about IU or the graduate or both.

Here's are the thumbnail bios and statements of intent of the current candidates... Quite a few DEI advocates listed...

One candidate begins their second paragraph with "following the murder of George Floyd" which will win over some here and piss off others.

Vote here

Reactions: 76-1

Based on that, they all suck.

Regardless...vote.
Thanks for posting. I went with Fowler. Wish I could vote for 3 candidates.

Reactions: Courtsensetwo

Wow. Just wow. Its amazing how proud some of these people are of their clearly discriminatory views.

Reactions: bsmitty08

So those are mutually exclusive, huh?

Divide, divide, divide.

Like inclusion is some sort of horrible thing...lol.

Jesus weeps.

So those are mutually exclusive, huh?

Divide, divide, divide.

Like inclusion is some sort of horrible thing...lol.

Jesus weeps.
I leave you to judge, I just pointed to some of the available themes.

A little off topic, but a serious question. If you get a Kelley degree from IUI (formerly IUPUI), did you graduate from the top 10 ranked IU School of. business?

A little off topic, but a serious question. If you get a Kelley degree from IUI (formerly IUPUI), did you graduate from the top 10 ranked IU School of. business?
Straight answer is the top-10 ranking is for the Bloomington location, and that is also how employers look at it.

Reactions: Bucket Getter
It may depend on the year of graduation. I earned a Kelley MBA in 1999 under the part-time program with classes held at IUPUI. My degree says Bloomington, May 8, 1999 although the ceremony was held in Indy.

At one point during my 3 years of classes, Kelley admin proposed to either a) change our degrees to list Indianapolis rather than Bloomington or b) distinguish between the two. As you can imagine, my cohorts were livid as we were assured throughout the enrollment process that the MBA programs were the same - the location (Bloomington vs. Indy) and timing (full-time vs part-time) didn't matter.

When the current MBA students objected, the Kelley administration first tried to blame an Indiana Commission on Higher Education requirement. My boss's wife worked for that Commission and my cohorts learned from her and others at that office that no such requirement existed. Ultimately, Kelley backed off and either delayed the change or grandfathered current students. So they did the right thing.

I would be interested to know if the change was made for subsequent Kelley MBAs from Indy.

No shade on the IUI degree as it is solid but it is not a Kelley degree from Btown. You are not instructed by the same level of Prof and not surrounded by and working with the same level of student.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT