ADVERTISEMENT

Boiler...

You still need top talent, Matt. UConn toyed with Purdue in that second half, because they had superior talent. And I think Purdue will be knocked down a couple pegs next year without Edey.
Edey was 30% of their scoring. He will be missed. I bet Caleb Furst will enter portal soon. Gillis saw the light.

Reactions: DANC
Edey was 30% of their scoring. He will be missed. I bet Caleb Furst will enter portal soon. Gillis saw the light. No way the other two 7 footers come close to Edey's talent. But Painter keeps going to the same playbook over and over. No speed only lumbering 7 footers to get burned by fast paced teams.

Hard to tell? Take a look again and watch Edward's lower body shift as the defender runs into him. It's quite obvious.

I don't know why I can't get it to link to the exact spot I want, but you need to see the replay after Edwards misses the first free throw. That's the best angle.

The thing that is obvious and does not require 37 angles to find is the kick out that the experts and everyone not wearing old urine color glasses picked up on right away. Should have been an offensive foul...game over...TN moves on and prbably doesn't gag in the next game.

• Haha
Reactions: Boilermaker03
Did you ever stop to think that maybe you were chanting it so loud yourself that you simply couldn't hear the others?
Now now...what in the world would EVER make you think that a guy like 03 who shitposts about IU on multiple boards would ever participate in the adult led chants in the bars and street??

No waaaaay

Edey was 30% of their scoring. He will be missed. I bet Caleb Furst will enter portal soon. Gillis saw the light.
What light did Gillis see? He told Painter he wasn’t coming back, painter filled his scholarship, then he decided to play a 5th year, his 6th year at college.

Furst depends on his studies. Keep pushing your narrative.

Reactions: Boilermaker03
The thing that is obvious and does not require 37 angles to find is the kick out that the experts and everyone not wearing old urine color glasses picked up on right away. Should have been an offensive foul...game over...TN moves on and prbably doesn't gag in the next game.
If you watch the angle I post, you will see that the "kick out" didn't even make contact. The leg isn't what was hit. It was the hips.

Now now...what in the world would EVER make you think that a guy like 03 who shitposts about IU on multiple boards would ever participate in the adult led chants in the bars and street??

No waaaaay
AH, spreading yet another lie about me I see. Either that, or you're delusional.

Did you forget about the year that we were one freak basket away from a FF with Edwards and Kline? This wasn't a fluke year. The last 2-3 were the flukes. If you look at Painter's history, he's mostly over achieved or met expectations during the tournament. Sure there are a couple years in there where we lost to double digit seeds, but it happens to everyone.
The "freak" play would have been a non issue if you didn't gag at the FT line.

well played. Like I said, Loyer was exposed last night. To win Natty's you need quick long guards/wings who can hit 3s as well as defend the 3. Loyer was totally overmatched, and without the need to doubleteam Edey, he had nowhere to hide. CMP recognized it and actually had him sitting quite a bit in the second half. Even TKR had a nice start to the game, then disappeared on the bench as the game proceeded. PU ended up playing 2 on 5 most of the way.

side note. props to Hiede (?) for throwing down a very impressive put-back thunder slam. That came out of nowhere. Kid has some serious hops in those legs.
Heide is a player. Reminds me of Brian Evans. He's got hops and can drain the 3.

When he has his breakout game, will it be known in boiler annals as The Heide Game?
Wow, you must be as old as I am.

I was watching that game - I used to be a big Raiders fan - and when they switched from the game, I ran downstairs to ask my parents if their TV was working OK. lol

I bet my TV at the time couldn't have been more than 9" with bad reception. But, being in 8th grade and having my own TV, I was king of the world.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13thman
Wow, you must be as old as I am.

I was watching that game - I used to be a big Raiders fan - and when they switched from the game, I ran downstairs to ask my parents if their TV was working OK. lol

I best my TV at the time couldn't have been more than 9" with bad reception. But, being in 8th grade and having my own TV, I was king of the world.
I didn't see it live. Sporting events I recall came a year or 2 later. As an amateur sports historian, I get the significance of that gane.

I didn't see it live. Sporting events I recall came a year or 2 later. As an amateur sports historian, I get the significance of that gane.
I think it gave the AFL some real credibility - before the Jets won the Superbowl - because it was huge news at the time.

The AFL played a great brand of football. Mad Bombers like Daryl Lamonica, Broadway Joe, and the San Diego QB - Dan Fouts. Then the Raiders had the Snake after they got into the NFL. Great time for professional football in the 60s.

I think it gave the AFL some real credibility - before the Jets won the Superbowl - because it was huge news at the time.

The AFL played a great brand of football. Mad Bombers like Daryl Lamonica, Broadway Joe, and the San Diego QB - Dan Fouts. Then the Raiders had the Snake after they got into the NFL. Great time for professional football in the 60s.
I was never a Raiders fan, but they were always the late game and you HAD to watch because somehow, some way something ridiculously crazy was going to happen.

Loyer was brutally exposed tonight. Without Edey drawing double teams, and with Loyer facing big athletic guards, he looked like he didn’t belong on the court. Will be interesting to see how he can contribute next yr without big Lurch in the middle drawing attention.
The flop he made was pathetic. It looked like a flop and was made worse by his animation. Perhaps he gets that whistle in Mackey, but not in the NCAA playing for the natty. As we saw with TJD's absence, Lurch plugs a major hole. Purdue will be feisty and competitive as they are well coached and Painter is excellent at building a roster and molding offense scheme to fit his personnel. However, make no mistake, losing Lurch and ALL THE FOULS CALLED that come with him along with the offensive rebounds will have a compounding effect. Guys won't be fouling out / sitting out like the past two seasons. Purdue won't have a huge + advantage in points at the charity stripe. Oh, and they won't have a guy giving them a guaranteed 25 / 10+ night. Oh, and the Purdue guards will be defended. It will be a huge change for them. However, I still expect them to be good and competitive for the reasons already stated.

They don’t, but ok. Please show me a basketball game where they chanted it this year. A game where basketball was played in Mackey and not vs iu. But most Purdue fans would love the underclassmen to quit chanting it
"Underclassmen," you wrote.

Seriously? Purdue has been chanting that for at least 10 years. You are silly to suggest that they all stop chanting that when they become juniors.

"Underclassmen," you wrote.

Seriously? Purdue has been chanting that for at least 10 years. You are silly to suggest that they all stop chanting that when they become juniors.
only really at football games and vs iu anymore. But, both schools seem to think a lot about the other more than we each desire.

• Haha
Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
The flop he made was pathetic. It looked like a flop and was made worse by his animation. Perhaps he gets that whistle in Mackey, but not in the NCAA playing for the natty. As we saw with TJD's absence, Lurch plugs a major hole. Purdue will be feisty and competitive as they are well coached and Painter is excellent at building a roster and molding offense scheme to fit his personnel. However, make no mistake, losing Lurch and ALL THE FOULS CALLED that come with him along with the offensive rebounds will have a compounding effect. Guys won't be fouling out / sitting out like the past two seasons. Purdue won't have a huge + advantage in points at the charity stripe. Oh, and they won't have a guy giving them a guaranteed 25 / 10+ night. Oh, and the Purdue guards will be defended. It will be a huge change for them. However, I still expect them to be good and competitive for the reasons already stated.
In Loyers defense, a ten mph breeze throws him off balance.

Regarding the Edwards supposed kickout debate: I looked at the video. What I found interesting is the reactions of the player upon whom the foul was called and the Tennessee coach. Both were upset about the call. The Tennessee player did not complain that the call was unjust. He was very frustrated that it was made. That is because he knew that he made a mistake. Note also that Barnes was not claiming that Edwards was not fouled, but he was very frustrated that a call was made. The reaction of the other team is usually a good indicator as to whether a foul or bad call was made. A call may be frustrating, but that doesn't make it a bad call.

Of course, the video contradicting theory is likely irrelevant to those who would never give credit to a Purdue success.

• Wow
Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
Regarding the Edwards supposed kickout debate: I looked at the video. What I found interesting is the reactions of the player upon whom the foul was called and the Tennessee coach. Both were upset about the call. The Tennessee player did not complain that the call was unjust. He was very frustrated that it was made. That is because he knew that he made a mistake. Note also that Barnes was not claiming that Edwards was not fouled, but he was very frustrated that a call was made. The reaction of the other team is usually a good indicator as to whether a foul or bad call was made. A call may be frustrating, but that doesn't make it a bad call.

Of course, the video contradicting theory is likely irrelevant to those who would never give credit to a Purdue success.
Cool, another new PUkie creates an account to shitpost on our board..

Rent Free Baby

Cool, another new PUkie creates an account to shitpost on our board..

Rent Free Baby
I will just note that in your response to my post that you did not claim that the responses to the call by both the TN player and/or coach were that the call was a bad one. The reason was that they knew the call was fair, unfortunately for them.

Huh? The player was trying to state that he was called for a foul because Edwards kicked his leg out (which isn't why he was called for a foul). I'm sure Barns was showing frustration because the player fouled when he clearly shouldn't have.

I will just note that in your response to my post that you did not claim that the responses to the call by both the TN player and/or coach were that the call was a bad one. The reason was that they knew the call was fair, unfortunately for them.
Not at all, I simply chose not to debate a topic with yet another PUkie that has neither the education nor the objectivity to participate meaningfully.

Reactions: indiana ed
😂 You’re trying to be funny.

If there’s anyone on these internets who has an IU subscription and a Purdue subscription, it’s you. It’s not like you’re stealthy.
Have no IU subscription there and no Pu subscription anywhere.

As a guy that bases his self esteem on IU failures and IU fan’s attention…this is a concept you struggle with I am sure.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT