ADVERTISEMENT

Boiler...

Loyer was brutally exposed tonight. Without Edey drawing double teams, and with Loyer facing big athletic guards, he looked like he didn’t belong on the court. Will be interesting to see how he can contribute next yr without big Lurch in the middle drawing attention.
I guess you can only hope

Each transfer or decommitment on basketball and football over the years has been a positive move for Purdue.....according to you. Let's call it historical precedence.

Yes, I get that Painter is doing some house Creaning but a grad transfer is still a transfer. No matter what reasons there are, to lose your most veteran player who is 3rd in returning minutes and shot what, 47% from 3? He is one of the better transfers in the portal but Painter would prefer to fill that with.....Jack Benter? Come on.
Painter recruited for those spots because in a normal year those spots would be open. Morton and Gillis both would be out of eligibility, but Covid gave them extra years.

This dude is constantly trying to convince posters, on an IU board no less, that this is limited to just a few. When you see this post from Mackey, it's just the freshmen. When you hear it at EVERY kickoff at their football games, it's really just a few. It's ridiculous and not worth debating.

However they (their delusional fans) want to spin it, Purdue isn't even a fleeting thought at IU games unless the game is actually against Purdue.
I wouldn't say it's just freshman, but it's mostly students. The administration has tried to put a stop to it because the adults in the room don't like it.

He did it 3 years in a row...
Yes I know, I'm not disputing that. However, one of those times was in the S16 because that lower seed just beat the 2 seed before us. The one before that was as a 4 seed to a 13. Shouldn't happen, but does fairly regularly. The outlier was obviously the loss as a 1 to a 16.

Did you forget about the year that we were one freak basket away from a FF with Edwards and Kline? This wasn't a fluke year. The last 2-3 were the flukes. If you look at Painter's history, he's mostly over achieved or met expectations during the tournament. Sure there are a couple years in there where we lost to double digit seeds, but it happens to everyone.
Flukes happen. Houston doesn't have a national championship from 1983 because of a fluke. It doesn't change that it happened. UK missed having another Final Four in 1992 because of a fluke play.

When you go 44 years between Final Fours, despite having some really good teams in that span of time...well, that makes you a little brother.

• Haha
Reactions: Boilermaker03
Did you forget about the year that we were one freak basket away from a FF with Edwards and Kline? This wasn't a fluke year. The last 2-3 were the flukes. If you look at Painter's history, he's mostly over achieved or met expectations during the tournament. Sure there are a couple years in there where we lost to double digit seeds, but it happens to everyone.
You were also a freak bad call away from losing to TN the game before so make sure to bake that into your sales pitch here for respect.

Flukes happen. Houston doesn't have a national championship from 1983 because of a fluke. It doesn't change that it happened. UK missed having another Final Four in 1992 because of a fluke play.

When you go 44 years between Final Fours, despite having some really good teams in that span of time...well, that makes you a little brother.
Man, I was going to give this a thumbs up until the last sentence and then all I could do was laugh. We don't have a FF in that time span because of a lot of things, flukes being one of them. We could have had back to back FF's if Hummel's knee didn't blow out. Then there's the year Haas broke his elbow. That's just a few recent examples.

I wouldn't say it's just freshman, but it's mostly students. The administration has tried to put a stop to it because the adults in the room don't like it.
The adults in the room that made the voyage to AZ certainly seemed to like it.

Painter recruited for those spots because in a normal year those spots would be open. Morton and Gillis both would be out of eligibility, but Covid gave them extra years.
Right, and Painter knew this 4 years ago. So its not like it just sprung up. Painter recruited over them and this is me mocking you for that. Enjoy

• Haha
Right, and Painter knew this 4 years ago. So its not like it just sprung up. Painter recruited over them and this is me mocking you for that. Enjoy
From what I understand Gillis has been saying that he wasn't going to keep playing. He was even approached by Greg Guard about it this year and Gillis said he wasn't interested. Was Painter supposed to leave a roster spot open in the hopes Gillis would return?

From what I understand Gillis has been saying that he wasn't going to keep playing for years. He was even approached by Greg Guard about it this year and Gillis said he wasn't interested. Was Painter supposed to leave a roster spot open in the hopes Gillis would return?
Absolutely. You do know you don't have to fill all scholarships, right?

Conveniently everyone else just happened to. Its probably because you've been conditioned to hearing it so its normal for you. We get it. We live rent free in your head, 24/7. Hence the reason you are on an Indiana forum trying to defend our little brother.
No you don't. That's not why I'm here. Not even close.

Absolutely. You do know you don't have to fill all scholarships, right?
OMG, yes that makes total sense. Let's keep a roster spot open for the hopes that someone will return when they have made it clear they don't want to and pass up on a really good recruit. That's just dumb.

Reactions: BoilerN
Stephen A and jay Bilas disagree with you.

Edwards kicked out. that was an offensive foul.

Just trying to keep your posting vomit here somewhat fact based and objecitve.
Yes, like they are never wrong. He didn't kick out any more than one would naturally when pushing back as you jump. He was trying to get separation to get the shot off. Sorry, but you're wrong and the officials agree with me.

Here's the best angle. It was absolutely a foul. He ran into Edward's hip. The leg extension didn't matter. The Tennessee player was going to run into him no matter what.

Last edited:
Man, I was going to give this a thumbs up until the last sentence and then all I could do was laugh. We don't have a FF in that time span because of a lot of things, flukes being one of them. We could have had back to back FF's if Hummel's knee didn't blow out. Then there's the year Haas broke his elbow. That's just a few recent examples.
And IF Alan Henderson doesn't blow out his knee we have banner #6, so what. If if if

Just because someone doesn't take the time to post it to Youtube doesn't mean it's not happening. In fact, I think it means just the opposite: it's commonplace enough to Boilers that it's not even notable to them... they hear it regularly at PU games, whether football or bball, as do I at times if I watch PU games. Can you show me video of the William Tell overture timeout performance in the last 2 years? I just checked youtube and any clips I could find are at least a few years old, and that is done at every game and a "supported" cheer. But, it also is commonplace to Hoosiers and so they don't think to post it.
I mean, you guys still think Purdue does that dance thing at basketball…. But yes. A video would be nice because I saw or heard it no where. I’m guessing courtsense didn’t go to zona, though, could be wrong.

Btw. Saw lots of pictures of banners under someone’s recap on x of Purdues season this year. FYI

I've been coming here for a long time. Even when IU was a 1 seed. Your success or lack there of has nothing to do with it.
Ya. I more so just read it to follow the instate programs. Don’t watch a ton of iu, so come here to read how the team is looking when I can’t catch them. And there is always a lot of Purdue content on here as well.

They also gave indication they weren’t going to play a 5th year last year. Gillis has an MBA and 5 years at Purdue. Maybe he wanted to play somewhere else for one year as well?

Yes, like they are never wrong. He didn't kick out any more than one would naturally when pushing back as you jump. He was trying to get separation to get the shot off. Sorry, but you're wrong and the officials agree with me.

Here's the best angle. It was absolutely a foul. He ran into Edward's hip. The leg extension didn't matter. The Tennessee player was going to run into him no matter what.

I forgot about that. Should have been a no call.

OMG, yes that makes total sense. Let's keep a roster spot open for the hopes that someone will return when they have made it clear they don't want to and pass up on a really good recruit. That's just dumb.
You do realize players can leave every season, right? They're one year contracts. So every year you are losing all 13 players and need to retain them. Gillis was no different. Purdue is worse off without Gillis, right?

• Haha
They also gave indication they weren’t going to play a 5th year last year. Gillis has an MBA and 5 years at Purdue. Maybe he wanted to play somewhere else for one year as well?
I certainly can't blame him for wanting to get away.

• Haha
Haas got Karma'd when he got hurt doing the hook and hold he perfected that year. Then he then got sued for knowingly spreading STDs...not a good finish to his career at PUke.

Haas got Karma'd when he got hurt doing the hook and hold he perfected that year. Then he then got sued for knwingly spreading STDs...not a good finish to his career at PUke.
if there's a business for hanging woulda/coulda/should banners, then we should hang three more for 75, 92 and 93. Maybe a half banner for 2002.

The 2024 F4 is history. They had had their shot. They blew it.
Time to start talking IU ball again. Force these pesky mosquitos off the board.

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT