ADVERTISEMENT

Boiler...

Yes, like they are never wrong. He didn't kick out any more than one would naturally when pushing back as you jump. He was trying to get separation to get the shot off. Sorry, but you're wrong and the officials agree with me.

Here's the best angle. It was absolutely a foul. He ran into Edward's hip. The leg extension didn't matter. The Tennessee player was going to run into him no matter what.

Based on your posting history I would expect you to have neither the knowledge nor the objectivity to get this right. I called it immediately and then Stephen A and Jay Bilas backed my view up right away, while being supportive of officials in general.

Tough day for you here Sparky...but you are clearly all in lol

• Haha
Reactions: Boilermaker03
The adults 35 -60 in the PU bar in AZ weren't embarassed by the chant in the least.
I was at a (non-basketball) event in Chicago last year, wearing an IU tee-shirt, a guy in Purdue garb said "IU Sucks" as he passed by me. My answer back was "Fairleigh Dickenson"

I do hate that the freshmen did that yes. Wish they stop. I’ve been saying it for a couple years. Idk why they insist. More telling, i didn’t hear it in Indy or Detroit, it didn’t happen in Phoenix. Nor the bars in Lafayette. Only Mackey where the freshman were. So getting closer to it going away thankfully. So 1% of each university’s fans being dumb and making the other 99% look obsessed.
well, my niece who is a senior at PUke, and not a sports fan, commented to her dad that she was surprised to hear 'IU sux" chant on Sat eve after the PUkes victory over NCS. Those darn freshmen! :)

I don't know if PU fans would trade what they have now for our 5 banners from 40-80 years ago. I'm not being glib, either. I honestly don't know.

All they want is 1 modern NCAA bball title. Hope springs eternal and I bet they feel they're still close, which they are.

The people most impressed by our 5 banners are us.
The 5 banners is something that IU fans have, and I will always cherish them. You can never take that away from me as an IU fan. Purdue fans have never tasted the champagne when it comes to college basketball. Until they do they are just the LITTLE BRO wanna bee's.

Na. I’ll wait while I admire your football teams beat Purdue shirts.
You have been so vocal, so insistent and so adamant in so many posts...and 'poof' a series of videos as you guys prepared for and participated your first FF in 44 years...blows your narrative out of the water.

Reactions: YOTHN
You have been so vocal, so insistent and so adamant in so many posts...and 'poof' a series of videos as you guys prepared for and participated your first FF in 44 years...blows your narrative out of the water.
He’s more obsessed with IU than the fans that chant IU sucks. Amazing self own in this thread.

He’s more obsessed with IU than the fans that chant IU sucks. Amazing self own in this thread.
One thing we can all agree on is that we hope the chants never end and continue to grow the way they are these days.

It demonstartes just how embedded we are in their heads. It defines their fan base and we love it.

I was at a (non-basketball) event in Chicago last year, wearing an IU tee-shirt, a guy in Purdue garb said "IU Sucks" as he passed by me. My answer back was "Fairleigh Dickenson"

Last spring, we were on Grand Cayman Island, we stopped in a bar on Seven Mile Beach and the bartender notices my IU shirt and with a smile says "hey, IU sucks you know". I just said "Purdue Alum eh?". I told him I was glad he found a job where his degree would be helpful". He laughed, we fist bumped and he bought a round of drinks for us. I.have no idea how he managed to secure a work visa to tend bar but...

We met a couple who were grads of West Virginia at our condo resort. They were with us and we were talking about the IU Sucks chant. They said that until a year or so ago, their annual football game with Pitt had been discontinued. That didn't stop the WVU faithful from yelling "Eat Shit Pitt" for each kickoff. They thought it was all in good fun.. I don't know what a Pitt fan would think.

Purdue's best season is in line with exactly what IU did in a moderately good season in 2002. IU was just more competitive in the title game.

• Haha
Reactions: Boilermaker03
Last spring, we were on Grand Cayman Island, we stopped in a bar on Seven Mile Beach and the bartender notices my IU shirt and with a smile says "hey, IU sucks you know". I just said "Purdue Alum eh?". I told him I was glad he found a job where his degree would be helpful". He laughed, we fist bumped and he bought a round of drinks for us. I.have no idea how he managed to secure a work visa to tend bar but...

We met a couple who were grads of West Virginia at our condo resort. They were with us and we were talking about the IU Sucks chant. They said that until a year or so ago, their annual football game with Pitt had been discontinued. That didn't stop the WVU faithful from yelling "Eat Shit Pitt" for each kickoff. They thought it was all in good fun.. I don't know what a Pitt fan would think.
Oh, it's all in good fun and harmless but it just solidifies how much PU thinks about us no matter where they are. They should be celebrating their teams' accomplishments but they want to advertise at their peak that IU is in their heads. IU could be playing Arkansas State in November and PU doesn't even come to mind. That's so telling.

You do realize players can leave every season, right? They're one year contracts. So every year you are losing all 13 players and need to retain them. Gillis was no different. Purdue is worse off without Gillis, right?
Of course we would have liked to have kept him, but by all accounts he wasn't coming back. So we filled the spot. You're trying way to hard to have a gotcha here where this is none.

It is, just admit it. You think about us constantly, or else you would be on the PU board. Your obsession is quite evident.
Not even close. This place is an after thought. I enjoy reading and conversing. This is my last stop when all of the other places I enjoy are tapped for the day.

Based on your posting history I would expect you to have neither the knowledge nor the objectivity to get this right. I called it immediately and then Stephen A and Jay Bilas backed my view up right away, while being supportive of officials in general.

Tough day for you here Sparky...but you are clearly all in lol
Based on my posting history? I think if you went to the main board where we both post, 90%+ of the people would take my side over yours. You've proven to be completely out of touch.

Jay Bilas and Stephen A were wrong. I showed you the replay. It's plain as day. If you still can't see it, I suggest you stop posting about basketball. BTW, I remember Barns being asked about that play immediately after the game and he agreed it was a foul.

Based on my posting history? I think if you went to the main board where we both post, 90%+ of the people would take my side over yours. You've proven to be completely out of touch.

Jay Bilas and Stephen A were wrong. I showed you the replay. It's plain as day. If you still can't see it, I suggest you stop posting about basketball. BTW, I remember Barns being asked about that play immediately after the game and he agreed it was a foul.
We understand your bias, we laugh at it, but we understand.

Since you claim to be out in AZ, did you make it to the Carousel Bar?

We understand your bias, we laugh at it, but we understand.

Since you claim to be out in AZ, did you go to the PU bar filled with PU grads?
Which one? There were at least 4 bars and 3 of them were filled with Purdue fans. Even the UConn bar had a bunch of Purdue fans in it because the other bars were full.

Of course we would have liked to have kept him, but by all accounts he wasn't coming back. So we filled the spot. You're trying way to hard to have a gotcha here where this is none.
There is no gotcha. Its a simple fact that PU is worse off because Gillis chose to move on. Its as simple as that.

well, my niece who is a senior at PUke, and not a sports fan, commented to her dad that she was surprised to hear 'IU sux" chant on Sat eve after the PUkes victory over NCS. Those darn freshmen! :)
Really, I must have missed that in the crowd.

What videos? Still waiting

Standard CS2 internet wager: If I have vid you agree via reponse with everything I post (every post) for seven days.

I am 13-1 on these wagers btw.
You show me videos and I’ll consider sitting away for another month. Granted, I won’t have a tourney to enjoy, so maybe not…

How can that be a no call? He ran into him.
Hard to tell even in slo mo if he did touch him. If so it didn't impact the shot and that's a tough call to make at that critical point in the game. Edwards was more than outstanding that whole tourney but that call gave PU the game.

Hard to tell even in slo mo if he did touch him. If so it didn't impact the shot and that's a tough call to make at that critical point in the game. Edwards was more than outstanding that whole tourney but that call gave PU the game.
Hard to tell? Take a look again and watch Edward's lower body shift as the defender runs into him. It's quite obvious.

I don't know why I can't get it to link to the exact spot I want, but you need to see the replay after Edwards misses the first free throw. That's the best angle.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT