ADVERTISEMENT

Boiler...

Can you tell me what excuse or twist I had on Gillis and Morton leaving? And can you show me where I said it was good for Purdue?
I didn't say you did, I said you CAN make an excuse. Because that's what you have always done. It's taking me getting out in front of you and ruining your chance to display your incoherent ideology around why it's unimpactful or better for PU...........in order to get you to not do it. And so far, it seems to have worked flawlessly.

I didn't say you did, I said you CAN make an excuse. Because that's what you have always done. It's taking me getting out in front of you and ruining your chance to display your incoherent ideology around why it's unimpactful or better for PU...........in order to get you to not do it. And so far, it seems to have worked flawlessly.
Got ya. So you are just assuming crap. Makes sense now. Hate to see them both go. Losing mason sucks. It’s been known for a year though that this was his last year. Purdue will move on and field a good team still. It will be ok. They have talent, a nice class, including Benter who you singled out for some reason, and will continue to excel on the basketball court. It’s what they do.

But you are welcome to assume my thoughts. I think the last person I said leaving was a blessing was DGL. I stand by that.

Reactions: Boilermaker03
Got ya. So you are just assuming crap. Makes sense now. Hate to see them both go. Losing mason sucks. It’s been known for a year though that this was his last year. Purdue will move on and field a good team still. It will be ok. They have talent, a nice class, including Benter who you singled out for some reason, and will continue to excel on the basketball court. It’s what they do.

But you are welcome to assume my thoughts. I think the last person I said leaving was a blessing was DGL. I stand by that.
We did it. You finally agreed a player leaving Purdue is hurtful. I knew you had it in you I just didn't think it would take me walking you through the process. This is maturing on your part. Congrats!

So only freshmen were allowed in Mackey for the game watch? Did they check IDs? lol
This dude is constantly trying to convince posters, on an IU board no less, that this is limited to just a few. When you see this post from Mackey, it's just the freshmen. When you hear it at EVERY kickoff at their football games, it's really just a few. It's ridiculous and not worth debating.

However they (their delusional fans) want to spin it, Purdue isn't even a fleeting thought at IU games unless the game is actually against Purdue.

We did it. You finally agreed a player leaving Purdue is hurtful. I knew you had it in you I just didn't think it would take me walking you through the process. This is maturing on your part. Congrats!
You didn’t have to walk me through it. All you had to do was ask. But if you feel like you proved something or changed my mind on something, enjoy it. It’s a loss, but Purdue will be fine. Thanks for the 5 years mason!

This dude is constantly trying to convince posters, on an IU board no less, that this is limited to just a few. When you see this post from Mackey, it's just the freshmen. When you hear it at EVERY kickoff at their football games, it's really just a few. It's ridiculous and not worth debating.

However they (their delusional fans) want to spin it, Purdue isn't even a fleeting thought at IU games unless the game is actually against Purdue.
If I had a dollar for every time I saw a picture of iu’s banners or saw the word banner as a flex, I could buy this board. Goes both ways. I’ve said that.

So you guys are discussing whether the chant broke out, the chant that doesn’t matter about a program that doesn’t matter, so you can report back to the fans of said program?😂
Na. I just find humor in both sides trying to demean the others. Lol

If I had a dollar for every time I saw a picture of iu’s banners or saw the word banner as a flex, I could buy this board. Goes both ways. I’ve said that.

Sorry, I fail to see the equivalency between Message Board banter and a fan base who chants about their "rival" at events that don't involve that rival, in the confines of their own venue.

I'll leave it right there. In the grand scheme, I don't care. It's just the denial that's really head scratching.

Your comparing something every college in America wants to win to pu students chanting IU sucks? You people really are delusional.

Genuine question though. Why is he leaving?

Genuine question though. Why is he leaving?
Gillis? Graduated. Didn’t have a scholarship next year. It was known coming into this season it would be his last at Purdue.

Maybe he wasn’t planning to use his 5th year and changed his mind? Thinking out loud there. He’s been at Purdue for 5 years though, got his degree. Might see if he can cash in on NIL somewhere and make a little more? Again, thinking out loud mostly.

You didn’t have to walk me through it. All you had to do was ask. But if you feel like you proved something or changed my mind on something, enjoy it. It’s a loss, but Purdue will be fine. Thanks for the 5 years mason!
Oh we've asked many times over and have recieved excuse after excuse after excuse. We're just glad you finally arrived to your senses.

Nothing was done other than I forced you to take off your black and gold glasses for a fleeting moment. Mason was good. Painter is good. PU will likely be fine. All we want is an honest perspective or it comes across so fake and foolish.

Oh we've asked many times over and have recieved excuse after excuse after excuse. We're just glad you finally arrived to your senses.
What was my excuse on Gillis? Wait, there wasn’t…. But whatever helps you sleep. You brought up transfers, created a narrative, and got your solution. Have a nice day.

What was my excuse on Gillis? Wait, there wasn’t…. But whatever helps you sleep. You brought up transfers, created a narrative, and got your solution. Have a nice day.
I didn't say you had an excuse on Gillis. So I again will repeat myself. I simply said I got out in front of you being able to do that because it's your modus operandi.

Going forward, I will make sure to repeat this approach with future similar transactions in an effort to allow you to maintain whatever sense of logic you think you have here, as long as it gives us your honest opinion.

Signed,
Management

I didn't say you had an excuse on Gillis. So I again will repeat myself. I simply said I got out in front of you being able to do that because it's your modus operandi.

Going forward, I will make sure to repeat this approach with future similar transactions in an effort to allow you to maintain whatever sense of logic you think you have here, as long as it gives us your honest opinion.

Signed,
Management
So you assumed my thought process. Ok. Can’t think of the last recruit Purdue lost…. Let alone made an excuse for. DGL maybe? But not a loss.

can't wait for the excuse that you know is coming.... freshman game..., I said basketball... , this was last year... take your pick!
Your football vid and the watch along in Mackey are game set match, yet he keeps trying. Great stuff.

So you assumed my thought process. Ok. Can’t think of the last recruit Purdue lost…. Let alone made an excuse for. DGL maybe? But not a loss.
Using your logic, I also happen to assume the sun will come up tomorrow. I assume water is wet, up is up and down is down. But equally as consistent is your defending any defection from Purdue, hence the need to help you out and it worked. You're welcome.

• Haha
Reactions: BoilerN
This is not basketball. FYI I know students still do it at football. Alum have been trying to get it changed to cancer sucks since Tyler Trent passed away.
wait, they still do it... all students, or just freshmen? Your confused circles of logic only continue to ensnare you!

Reactions: YOTHN
I'd probably take Braden Smith but only because of our uncertainty at the position.

Still can't believe how much of a non factor that Caleb Furst has been for them, dude was unstoppable high school.
I loved Furst in high school and still follow Blackhawk Christian because he was there. Also Matt Roth is the coach now which helps my interest.

wait, they still do it... all students, or just freshmen? Your confused circles of logic only continue to ensnare you!
At football, all. For the national championship freshman. Alumni want it gone. Should be cancer sucks. Every time. Every game.

I loved Furst in high school and still follow Blackhawk Christian because he was there. Also Matt Roth is the coach now which helps my interest.
After his freshman year, I thought he was going to be really good, and he is just stuck developmentally. A fresh start might do him good, but it all depends where he is at with school. Timing has to be right for classes

I do hate that the freshmen did that yes. Wish they stop. I’ve been saying it for a couple years. Idk why they insist. More telling, i didn’t hear it in Indy or Detroit, it didn’t happen in Phoenix. Nor the bars in Lafayette. Only Mackey where the freshman were. So getting closer to it going away thankfully. So 1% of each university’s fans being dumb and making the other 99% look obsessed.
C’mon man. That’s disingenuous. Blaming it on the freshman? Freshmen are new to the campus. They don’t just pick this up or create it on their own when they come strolling into West Lafayette. .
They learn it from the upperclassmen. This isn’t some new phenomenon. It’s been going on for years. So, unless these freshmen have been freshmen for 10 years or longer, it’s not accurate to say this is all freshman related.

I do hate that the freshmen did that yes. Wish they stop. I’ve been saying it for a couple years. Idk why they insist. More telling, i didn’t hear it in Indy or Detroit, it didn’t happen in Phoenix. Nor the bars in Lafayette. Only Mackey where the freshman were. So getting closer to it going away thankfully. So 1% of each university’s fans being dumb and making the other 99% look obsessed.
The crowded bar full of 35-60 year olds in AZ sure didn't look like Freshmen. And lots of the stdents in the WL street chanting it didn;t look like Freshmen.

The crowded bar full of 35-60 year olds in AZ sure didn't look like Freshmen. And lots of the stdents in the WL street chanting it didn;t look like Freshmen.
Didn’t see it happen in Arizona. Could you provide a video. If so, I’ll change my stance and tell those Purdue fans to get their heads out of their rears.

Didn’t see it happen in Arizona. Could you provide a video. If so, I’ll change my stance and tell those Purdue fans to get their heads out of their rears.
Just because someone doesn't take the time to post it to Youtube doesn't mean it's not happening. In fact, I think it means just the opposite: it's commonplace enough to Boilers that it's not even notable to them... they hear it regularly at PU games, whether football or bball, as do I at times if I watch PU games. Can you show me video of the William Tell overture timeout performance in the last 2 years? I just checked youtube and any clips I could find are at least a few years old, and that is done at every game and a "supported" cheer. But, it also is commonplace to Hoosiers and so they don't think to post it.

This was your shot. Purdue is a fine program, but unless Painter births another unicorn like Edey, they're just a nice team that generally underwhelms in March. Has for the entirety of his career, save this year (bc of the unicorn). I'll be shocked if Purdue makes another FF in the next 20 years. And to be fair, I don't think Indiana wins another title in the next 20-25 years, but I do think we'll get back to the final four in that time...just not with this coach.
Did you forget about the year that we were one freak basket away from a FF with Edwards and Kline? This wasn't a fluke year. The last 2-3 were the flukes. If you look at Painter's history, he's mostly over achieved or met expectations during the tournament. Sure there are a couple years in there where we lost to double digit seeds, but it happens to everyone.

Did you forget about the year that we were one freak basket away from a FF with Edwards and Kline? This wasn't a fluke year. The last 2-3 were the flukes. If you look at Painter's history, he's mostly over achieved or met expectations during the tournament. Sure there are a couple years in there where we lost to double digit seeds, but it happens to everyone.
He did it 3 years in a row...

Reactions: indiana ed
And how often are Gtown, Depaul, and MN and NB football on national games? That's what rankles you guys and why you come here: it drives you crazy with all the success you're having and how down IU is, we still get national attention, games and notoriety. I get it, it would piss me off too!
I've been coming here for a long time. Even when IU was a 1 seed. Your success or lack there of has nothing to do with it.

I've been coming here for a long time. Even when IU was a 1 seed. Your success or lack there of has nothing to do with it.
Trust me, this is deep-rooted sub-conscious psychological stuff with Boilers at this point. See your therapist about it and you can probably get past it.

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT