ADVERTISEMENT

Bill Gates Belongs in Jail

Been trying to buy and use his software products over the weekend

and when he gets to jail, he should be denied the right to speak to anyone, and required to communicate solely through chat bots that do not use real people either
LOL. The market has spoken.

Pro tip: try MX Linux. If you don't like it you can get your money back.

and when he gets to jail, he should be denied the right to speak to anyone, and required to communicate solely through chat bots that do not use real people either
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and he deserves sentence enhancement if he had any involvement in One Drive!!!

Which software? Most are now idiot proof:).
Tried to buy Microsoft 365

Product key - “invalid”

Confused “Microsoft accounts” between me and son

Then it downloaded but would not show up, and instead tried to renew a “Microsoft Student” account from 2011

Chat with bot disconnected

Worst customer service on the planet

Gonna let my anger die, then cancel every account and product and never buy anything Microsoft related again, and won’t tolerate those who do

Gif+de+Planet+Of+The+Apes+....gif

Product key - “invalid”

Then it downloaded but would not show up, and instead tried to renew a “Microsoft Student” account from 2011

Gonna let my anger die, then cancel every account and product and never buy anything Microsoft related again, and won’t tolerate those who do

Screaming laughing. You should probably call your local mediation service in the morning and tell them you're ready to get back to work

We moved the entire company from Office 365 to G Suite last fall. At first, I hated it. Now I get pissed when I have too collaborate with vendors who are still using it and force me to fire up PowerPoint or Excel.

It's worse than when IBM was still using Lotus products after the turn of the century and forcing partners to use that garbage.

Product key - “invalid”

Clearly user error.

Reactions: hoosboot
We moved the entire company from Office 365 to G Suite last fall. At first, I hated it. Now I get pissed when I have too collaborate with vendors who are still using it and force me to fire up PowerPoint or Excel.

It's worse than when IBM was still using Lotus products after the turn of the century and forcing partners to use that garbage.

Don't you blaspheme in here.

I have a Lotus 123 disc I use to load their spreadsheet program on any computer I use. Had one of my IT guys tell me I had to be the last person using Lotus rather than Excel. I just found Lotus more user-friendly and as I learned to use spreadsheets on Lotus it just seemed my regular language. Excel always seemed like a foreign language. So, I'd convert Lotus spreadsheets to Excel before sending them to others. I could work in Excel but it was just a lot slower.

That disc has gotten a lot of use over the years.

• Wow
Reactions: hookyIU1990
Don't you blaspheme in here.

I have a Lotus 123 disc I use to load their spreadsheet program on any computer I use. Had one of my IT guys tell me I had to be the last person using Lotus rather than Excel. I just found Lotus more user-friendly and as I learned to use spreadsheets on Lotus it just seemed my regular language. Excel always seemed like a foreign language. So, I'd convert Lotus spreadsheets to Excel before sending them to others. I could work in Excel but it was just a lot slower.

That disc has gotten a lot of use over the years.
You running an OS/2 Warp partition?

I’d like to blame Gates, too, but he’s been out since 2008 at MS. In software terms 13 years is a lifetime. Now, that Balmer guy could never be trusted.

"220, 221, whatever it takes . . . "

I don't even have a computer since I retired. IPad for everything. OS/2 Warp partition sounds like a back-up engine for the Starship Enterprise.
That crack was more for my own amusement and maybe Unclemark's. That was IBM's PC operating system and the last update was 2001. It would pair well with your Lotus 123.

That crack was more for my own amusement and maybe Unclemark's. That was IBM's PC operating system and the last update was 2001. It would pair well with your Lotus 123.

Ah, IT humor. Arr; Arr.

Was told years ago to be good to your IT team guys. "They'll be running the world soon."

We switched about a year ago from Lotus Notes to..........outlook and teams. God Lotus Notes was garbage.

Reactions: hookyIU1990
I finally switched to a Mac about 8 years ago. I’m sure they’re not perfect but I’ve found them so much more intuitive. My windows computers where always so much smarter than me. They demanded too much from the user.

Reactions: PhyloeBedoe

Bring it into the Microsoft store!

In fairness to MTIOF, our IT staff has consistently had issues dealing with MS even from a commercial/corporate standpoint. There is literally no live assistance option if you need it for individual.
Interesting, I haven't had much problems with anything recently. I actually have more issues with Google's products. Long ago I tied my Chrome account to my gmail account. But then we started using Google's products in the office tied to our work accounts. If I want to access files stored in the Googleverse, I have to logout of gmail on Chrome and login with my work email. But then of course I don't have all my customizations.

Since it was confused between him and his son, I wonder if there was a similar issue.

Interesting, I haven't had much problems with anything recently. I actually have more issues with Google's products. Long ago I tied my Chrome account to my gmail account. But then we started using Google's products in the office tied to our work accounts. If I want to access files stored in the Googleverse, I have to logout of gmail on Chrome and login with my work email. But then of course I don't have all my customizations.

Since it was confused between him and his son, I wonder if there was a similar issue.

That sounds like a huge pain/inconvenience. I much prefer Outlook to Gmail to be honest, but have no intention of combining my personal and work accounts.

Reactions: mcmurtry66

Product key - “invalid”

Go to the Microsoft store. Even if you have to travel, it's worth it.

You can have chrome logged into multiple profiles at the same time, each with their distinct bookmarks, customizations and extensions running. I do it all day, every day.

Go up to the right and click on your profile next to the 3 dots. At the bottom of the pop up you'll see "other profiles". Just select the one you want and a new browser window will spawn with all of that profile's unique finctionality.

Reactions: Marvin the Martian
All webmail sucks. I use Thunderbird to access and manage my Gmail account and several NNTP accounts.
If it ain't Outlook, it ain't e-mail. And I was in IT, but that desktop shit was always a mystery to me.

If I'm asked to help someone on their 'computer', it's always a 2 or 3 hour ordeal because I have to make every mistake before I figure out the solution.

Reactions: 76-1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT