ADVERTISEMENT

Big Ten incoming freshman article

I see one post about iu and it's about how you landed a good longsnapper and that makes sense because he can be showcased. Show me the others that are active. I didn't take this post ary, then I left it, and others tagged me in it days later. Can't handle the boiler in my name
longsnapper? on the basketball board?

I think that has been pretty common practice, since... forever?
Sure it has been going on forever and still goes on to some degree, although the IHSAA tried to put a stop to it in the 80s. It might have even been the same year or the year after the Mounts made Richie repeat 8th grade.

His statement was that it commonplace for outstanding HS players to be held back. Who are all these "outstanding HS players" that were held back, whether they were already in HS when it happened or they were outstanding as a result of being held back before HS? If there are so many as he claims, he should be able to drop a dozen names without giving it much thought. He didn't even drop one name. Instead, he deflected by making another dumbass comment about the world existing before the internet.

His ass...he's talking out of it, like every other purdoo troll does on here.

Reactions: kkott
My son is going to be really big. He just turned 12. 5’7 185 with a 10.5 shoe already. He hit a kid last year and I thought oh my gawd…that kid ain’t getting up. He’s not really fat either. He’s just a large kid.
I recall once at the NashBash . . . a rugby tournament of sorts in Nashville at the Vanderbilt campus with teams from all over (one was Penn - that's another story) . . . anyway, my kid was a junior and got the ball heading toward the other team's end to score . . . and a kid probably 6'2", 220# from a parochial school in New Orleans (same school as the new IU TE recruit?) tried to stop him. He ran around in front of my kid and grabbed the ball, trying to take it away. My kid dropped to one knee - he was also being tackled from behind - and torqued up with his right elbow under the kid in front of him, lifting the kid until the kid was upside down and completely vertical. Then the other kid dropped on his head. You could hear his neck popping from the sideline . . . .

My son's coach wanted to know what I fed him that morning. I said "just don't make him mad."

They halted the game to put a collar on the other kid. Took about half an hour. . . he was back on the sidelines before the game was over. He was fine . . . .

You have ZERO clue what an elite basketball program looks like. I was a student during the 74-75 and 75-76 seasons and was fresh out of grad school during the 81 title run.

Purdue's greatest achievements the last 50 years is beating an Archie Miller lead IU team 9 times in a row and beating 11th seed Penn State for a Big Ten Tournament title. Purdue has received much more national attention for their disastrous tournament results than any kind of on-court achievement. Sucks I know.
Sorry Coaches Geezy, but I'm older than you! Grew up watching Wilt Chamberlain, Bill Russel, John Havlicek, Oscar Robertson, Jerry West! I watched UCLA dominate for year after year and I watched IU win their titles and I watched Purdue in there final 4s. I watched Gene Keady beat Bobby Knight 21 out of 41 games, went to 6 of those games and watched GK win 5! Purdue has had 22 All Americans in my lifetime to IUs 16! I watched Rick Mount, the greatest scorer in BT history torch teams without a 3 point line! UCLA is the most ELITE program ever! ZERO doubt in the history of College Basketball and you should know that with all those years of education! Yeah, Purdue beat Penn St. for BTT Title, the same Penn St. that swept IU last year, in fact they spanked IU in happy valley bye 19! Ouch! In my 70 years Purdue owns a plus 8 game spread on IU, even with McCracken and Knight years. IU doesn't own the game of basketball knowledge, if they did they would have more than ZERO accomplishments in the last couple years! Did they put Arrogant on that IU diploma? Oh yeah my degree is in Engineering! Looking forward to the coming year, Good. Luck! By the way you had ZERO input when Bobby Knight was preparing his teams!

Last edited:
Sorry Coaches Geezy, but I'm older than you! Grew up watching Wilt Chamberlain, Bill Russel, John Havlicek, Oscar Robertson, Jerry West! I watched UCLA dominate for year after year and I watched IU win their titles and I watched Purdue in there final 4s. I watched Gene Keady beat Bobby Knight 21 out of 41 games, went to 6 of those games and watched GK win 5! Purdue has had 22 All Americans in my lifetime to IUs 16! I watched Rick Mount, the greatest scorer in BT history torch teams without a 3 point line! UCLA is the most ELITE program ever! ZERO doubt in the history of College Basketball and you should know that with all those years of education! Yeah, Purdue beat Penn St. for BTT Title, the same Penn St. that swept IU last year, in fact they spanked IU in happy valley bye 19! Ouch! In my 70 years Purdue owns a plus 8 game spread on IU, even with McCracken and Knight years. IU doesn't own the game of basketball knowledge, if they did they would have more than ZERO accomplishments in the last couple years! Did they put Arrogant on that IU diploma? Oh yeah my degree is in Engineering! Looking forward to the coming year, Good. Luck! By the way you had ZERO input when Bobby Knight was preparing his teams!

Paragraphs ..... would help make that pile of bleated gibberish readable.

Please do not try to put words into my post. Coaches may well have bias towards their players. However, that does not mean that all of them act on that bias. As a supposed attorney, you aware of recusals. Chairmen of the NCAA Selection Committee have been associated with tournament invitees in the past. When discussion of a team with whom they have an interest, they defer involvement. That is the policy in order to avoid claims of bias.

The point is that a similar policy is likely in regards to team selection in this case. That would seem proper. Since you do not know, you should not allege bias in the absence of information affirming it. As an attorney, you are supposed to know that; unsubstantiated allegations and all.
Nobody cares about your points or posts. GTFOH

This is a classic example of a ridiculous post. Yes, FDU beat Purdue in the single game that they played. In a group of 15 games, FDU probably wins one; but the game that they played was that one.

Man O' War is arguably the greatest Thoroughbred ever to race. Fans of Secretariat may reasonably argue for him but everyone who follows Thoroughbred racing acknowledges their greatness. Man O' War lost one race in his career. The one he lost to was Upset; hence the use of the term to describe a very surprising loss. Nobody alleges Upset was the better horse.
Sweep 🧹

Reactions: T.M.P.
* I watched Gene Keady beat Bobby Knight 21 out of 41 games.
Mike Davis had a 7-2 record against Gene. Mike Davis owned Gene and PU, and RMK would have had a winning record against Gene if he wasn't fired. RMK had a winning record against PU. RMK had a far superior career than Gene in every facet: Undefeated season, lost 1 game in 2 years, 3 National Championships, 2 other Final Fours as coach, National Championship as a player, 2 other Final Fours as a player, more Big Ten Titles, more total wins, Olympic title as a coach.

Just remember that Mike Davis asterisk and RMK's overall record against PU.

Paragraphs ..... would help make that pile of bleated gibberish readable.
But would still make the content 100% bullshit.

That millennial knows nothing of what an elite basketball program looks like. Never has and never will.

GBI is an all inclusive board.... there isn't a basketball and football board. Well, let me rephrase. There isn't a paid football and basketball boars. Maybe free. I don't go there.
ok I thought it was clear we were talking the free basketball board on GBI, you know, like the very same type of board we are on right now.....I'm not paying for this site's premium board, so obviously I'm not going to be on the GBI paid board.
Anyhow...we're chasing each other's tail and this thread stopped being about "Big Ten Incoming Freshman" a long time ago. free boards suck in general but summertime is the worst

Reactions: .Gerdis
ok I thought it was clear we were talking the free basketball board on GBI, you know, like the very same type of board we are on right now.....I'm not paying for this site's premium board, so obviously I'm not going to be on the GBI paid board.
Anyhow...we're chasing each other's tail and this thread stopped being about "Big Ten Incoming Freshman" a long time ago. free boards suck in general but summertime is the worst
Ya. I was looking forward to this thread, but it was stolen. I paid $1 for Neuberts board when it moved. He and Tom do an excellent job reporting. Enjoy the reads.

You should join him.

Still waiting for the names of all those outstanding HS players, BTW.

If you are waiting for arcb0000000 to back up his claims...it will be a long wait indeed.

I have never been involved in any discussion involving HS players being held back for sports purposes. Check the thread and you will see. I do note that other posters in the thread stated that they had personal experience with this, but I never have. I have read that this occurs, but I have never known someone who did it. So why would I be expected to post data about a topic that I have not opined upon? You are making a claim about me that is simply false; that is typical of your posts. As I have posted, re-read this thread and you will see.

If anything, you are one who demands quotes and supporting data from others but always manages to ever provide them yourself. Anyone familiar with this site knows that.

I have never been involved in any discussion involving HS players being held back for sports purposes. Check the thread and you will see. I do note that other posters in the thread stated that they had personal experience with this, but I never have. I have read that this occurs, but I have never known someone who did it. So why would I be expected to post data about a topic that I have not opined upon? You are making a claim about me that is simply false; that is typical of your posts. As I have posted, re-read this thread and you will see.

If anything, you are one who demands quotes and supporting data from others but always manages to ever provide them yourself. Anyone familiar with this site knows that.
Can you imaging one of us going to the PUke forums explicitely to attack the regulars there out of the blue? Would last about twelve seconds before getting banned.

This place is so much more self secure.

You're right, my bad.

I can't keep all you dumbasses straight.

Again, your self esteen issues are not our problem. Go see a therapist.

Reactions: hookyIU1990
This is a classic post of yours.

You post something about me that is clearly untrue as demonstrated by the posts in this thread. When you get called on it, you play the victim.

Hilarious.
My...You are desperate for attention this weekend aren't you?

Did the pretty sheep turn you down last night at the PU sheep barn?

PU is probably historically the best program in college bball without an NCAA title.

golf likes to tag a few elite players as the best ever without a major.

i'd much rather have that title than have a major with a lessor overall career.

on a side note, we'll never know how successful Mike Davis could have been at IU with the same backing every other IU coach got, instead of much of IU nation being a head wind instead of a tail wind.

and no telling how successful RMK could have been, had he not been such a colossal dick.

couldn't have equaled Wooden's UCLA reign, but probably could have been 2nd to Wooden.

Except the one you share a bed with?
Interesting that you think it is OK to take a shot at someone that you have no idea about. The true mark of a jerk.

For the record, I married way up out of my league. My wife was awarded Phi Beta Kappa as an undergraduate and went to school on a Presidential Scholarship at a B1G university; only two are given in a particular year. Presently is a professor in the Humanities. To augment her graduate fellowship, she worked as a personal trainer and a clothing fashion model.

I am an undeservedly very lucky man in the marriage sweepstakes.

Interesting that you think it is OK to take a shot at someone that you have no idea about. The true mark of a jerk.

For the record, I married way up out of my league. My wife was awarded Phi Beta Kappa as an undergraduate and went to school on a Presidential Scholarship at a B1G university; only two are given in a particular year. Presently is a professor in the Humanities. To augment her graduate fellowship, she worked as a personal trainer and a clothing fashion model.

I am an undeservedly very lucky man in the marriage sweepstakes.
Nice.....

mBsgnqw.jpg

“My old girlfriend from Oklahoma was gonna fly out for the dance but she couldn’t cause she’s doing some modeling right now.”

• Haha
Reactions: Vern Pain
I was not specifically referring to high school players, but to the long standing practice of kids in the state being held back academically for the specific purpose of allow g them to be more mature and athletically dominant in high school. While traveling from Atlanta to Indiana yesterday I brought the subject up with two of my closest friends and fraternity brothers. Their credentials in the basketball world in Indiana are far superior to mine. One is a former coach and athletic director at the highest level who is a member of the Indiana Basketball HOF and a past President of that esteemed organization. The other is a former coach and was a player and assistant coach for one of the living legends in the Indiana HOF. They both concurred with me and supported my assessment. I double down on my position.

I remember when lots of outstanding Indiana high school kids were held back a year or more to give them a better chance to have dominating high school careers.

I was not specifically referring to high school players, but to the long standing practice of kids in the state being held back academically for the specific purpose of allow g them to be more mature and athletically dominant in high school.
Clown GIF

It appears the sole purpose of some people on this (and other forums) is to ridicule and deflect the importance of accurately recording commentary pertinent to the history of sports in the state. Should I have phrased it differently by stating, “I remember back when lots of outstanding high school athletes HAD BEEN HELD BACK a year or more to give them a chance to have dominating high school careers.” Perhaps yes, the fact would remain the same that there was a history of such practices being undertaken by parents on their own, or complicit with persons with an interest in promoting a specific high school program.

It appears the sole purpose of some people on this (and other forums) is to ridicule and deflect the importance of accurately recording commentary pertinent to the history of sports in the state. Should I have phrased it differently by stating, “I remember back when lots of outstanding high school athletes HAD BEEN HELD BACK a year or more to give them a chance to have dominating high school careers.” Perhaps yes, the fact would remain the same that there was a history of such practices being undertaken by parents on their own, or complicit with persons with an interest in promoting a specific high school program.
Do you read what you write?

You can't produce names after talking about what a common practice it was to hold back "outstanding HS players".

Then you claim you weren't specifically referring to HS players while still referring to "outstanding HS athletes" in your explanation as to why you weren't referring specifically to HS players.

You're a clown.

Do you read what you write?

You can't produce names after talking about what a common practice it was to hold back "outstanding HS players".

Then you claim you weren't specifically referring to HS players while still referring to "outstanding HS athletes" in your explanation as to why you weren't referring specifically to HS players.

You're a clown.
You prefer engaging in personal attacks without in anyway refuting the fact that the practice was widespread. I go to highly respected sources who have been involved with high school athletes in Indiana as players , coaches and administrators for more than 65 years who substantiate my claim that boys and girls have historically been held back in school to gain advantage in athletics. You are embarrassing yourself.

You prefer engaging in personal attacks without in anyway refuting the fact that the practice was widespread. I go to highly respected sources who have been involved with high school athletes in Indiana as players , coaches and administrators for more than 65 years who substantiate my claim that boys and girls have historically been held back in school to gain advantage in athletics. You are embarrassing yourself.
LOL

I've admitted kids have been held back in an attempt to give them an advantage. You're the one who claimed many outstanding HS players were held back, yet you can't name a dozen or even one. Maybe one of these highly respected sources you're referring to in your post can throw you a bone and give you a couple of names.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT