ADVERTISEMENT

Biden to reverse course on border

TheOriginalHappyGoat

Oct 4, 2010
Margaritaville
In yet another sign that Biden's people are finally starting to realize how worried they should be about the election, he's going backwards towards the Trump era on asylum seekers. Now watch all the Republicans who killed his attempts to do this legislatively come out and accuse him of executive overreach.

In yet another sign that Biden's people are finally starting to realize how worried they should be about the election, he's going backwards towards the Trump era on asylum seekers. Now watch all the Republicans who killed his attempts to do this legislatively come out and accused him of executive overreach.

Only took ten million people and election season.

In yet another sign that Biden's people are finally starting to realize how worried they should be about the election, he's going backwards towards the Trump era on asylum seekers. Now watch all the Republicans who killed his attempts to do this legislatively come out and accuse him of executive overreach.

Good news.

“The order would allow border officials to prevent migrants from claiming asylum and rapidly turn them away once border crossings exceed a certain threshold. Government officials earlier this year discussed allowing Mr. Biden to shut down the border if there were an average of 5,000 border crossings in a week, or 8,500 in a single day, but those involved in the negotiations cautioned that the threshold was not finalized and could change. White House officials have been focused on a trigger that would empower Mr. Biden to shut down the border.”

Biden had the power to control the border all along.

Amazing

No, he’s just a bullshit 50 year DC politician trying to get reelected. Just get me four more years of the DC power. Pretty pathetic. Is there any wonder why people are sick of DC and politicians like Biden?

No, I’ll just come gloat. Conservatives right again.

Reactions: ulrey
No, he’s just a bullshit 50 year DC politician trying to get reelected. Just get me four more years of the DC power. Pretty pathetic. Is there any wonder why people are sick of DC and politicians like Biden?
So what is your opinion on Trump killing the border bill because he didn't want Biden to get a win?

They all play the game.

• Haha
Reactions: mcmurtry66
  • Haha
Reactions: ulrey
You can post your bull shit 1000x but doesn't make it accurate.
what's not accurate. from goat's original post. Go!

Biden initially rolled back Trump’s restrictive border policies after taking office in January 2021, issuing orders to freeze his predecessor’s border wall construction and reissuing protections set up under the 2012 Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (Daca) scheme originally adopted by the Barack Obama White House.

Biden suspended Trump’s Remain in Mexico policy – whereby asylum seekers were forced to wait in Mexico while their US immigration claims were being considered – on the first day of his administration before the homeland security department formally cancelled it months later. The US supreme court subsequently upheld Biden’s approach following a lower court ruling against it.

When Trump’s policy was in operation, Biden denounced it, saying: “This is the first president in the history of the United States of America [under whom] anybody seeking asylum has to do it in another country. That’s never happened before.”

A recent Associated Press poll showed about two-thirds of voters, including 40% of Democrats, disapproved of Biden’s handling of the southern border.

I thought this was interesting and sort of fits here. I’m not sure how/if this will play out or if it’s even on the Biden’s administration radar, but it’s definitely a possibility.

Last edited:
The current border deal isn’t good enough.

That's like wanting ice cream and being offered a small ice cream and saying "no, that isn't good enough, i want a large or nothing at all."

It was better than anything you were going to get but thanks for proving to be a trump sheep spouting off the excuse.

The question shouldn't be is the border deal perfect. It should be was it an improvement. In negotiations and compromise, no one is going to think anything is perfect. That border deal was much more of what conservatives claim to want than liberals and would have been a major improvement based on all the whining we have had to listen to from conservatives for years.....but not good enough LMAO.

• Haha
Reactions: UncleMark and ulrey
That's like wanting ice cream and being offered a small ice cream and saying "no, that isn't good enough, i want a large or nothing at all."

It was better than anything you were going to get but thanks for proving to be a trump sheep spouting off the excuse.
Go back 100% to Trump’s policy and we’re good.

Go back 100% to Trump’s policy and we’re good.
The only thing trump did differently was separate the families for a bit.

the border bill went farther than anything trump did.

Your response shows it has nothing to do with the bill or the border but who is sitting in the white house.

Reactions: UncleMark

Huh?

Biden claimed he had no authority to do this.

But this is more like a 45 than a 180.

The bill was awful. It was election-year BS. More money no substantial change.

what's not accurate. from goat's original post. Go!

Biden initially rolled back Trump’s restrictive border policies after taking office in January 2021, issuing orders to freeze his predecessor’s border wall construction and reissuing protections set up under the 2012 Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (Daca) scheme originally adopted by the Barack Obama White House.

Biden suspended Trump’s Remain in Mexico policy – whereby asylum seekers were forced to wait in Mexico while their US immigration claims were being considered – on the first day of his administration before the homeland security department formally cancelled it months later. The US supreme court subsequently upheld Biden’s approach following a lower court ruling against it.

When Trump’s policy was in operation, Biden denounced it, saying: “This is the first president in the history of the United States of America [under whom] anybody seeking asylum has to do it in another country. That’s never happened before.”

A recent Associated Press poll showed about two-thirds of voters, including 40% of Democrats, disapproved of Biden’s handling of the southern border.
The "Remain in Mexico" approach for asylum seekers as tossed around by presidents and the courts is a poor substitute for Dems and Pubs in Congress to bite the bullet and reach agreement on an update of our immigration laws on the subject of asylum IMO.

Granted this ACLU take (ASYLUM-SEEKERS STRANDED IN MEXICO FACE HOMELESSNESS, KIDNAPPING, AND SEXUAL VIOLENCE) on asylum seekers finding themselves in Mexico paints what some might consider an overblown picture.

Nevertheless, it does illustrate how our playing political football when it comes to asylum affects thousands of asylum seekers with many having a legitimate case even under our current laws.

Reactions: IU_Hickory
The "Remain in Mexico" approach for asylum seekers as tossed around by presidents and the courts is a poor substitute for Dems and Pubs in Congress to bite the bullet and reach agreement on an update of our immigration laws on the subject of asylum IMO.

Granted this ACLU take (ASYLUM-SEEKERS STRANDED IN MEXICO FACE HOMELESSNESS, KIDNAPPING, AND SEXUAL VIOLENCE) on asylum seekers finding themselves in Mexico paints what some might consider an overblown picture.

Nevertheless, it does illustrate how our playing political football when it comes to asylum affects thousands of asylum seekers with many having a legitimate case even under our current laws.
I wonder how these people are processed? Do they get a lawyer assigned to advocate for them?

The phrase “asylum seekers” applied to thousands of border crossers undermines the whole concept of asylum. Economic migration must not be taken as legit asylum grounds.

The phrase “asylum seekers” applied to thousands of border crossers undermines the whole concept of asylum. Economic migration must not be taken as legit asylum grounds.

Agree.

CoH, would expect a Congressional update on our approach to asylum would affirm your position.

Isn't the number of crossings capped at 2500 per day before shutdown. That is still almost 1 million per year. Doesn't sound like a shutdown.

The 2nd question to address is the US govt. competent and efficient enough to even process that many people a day or do they just hand wave and rubber stamp immigrants thru and tell them have a nice day so they get their day completed and get to their afternoon nap. Have you ever been to a Motor V and seen that efficiency?

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
I wonder how these people are processed? Do they get a lawyer assigned to advocate for them?
M66, good question.

Here is an article dealing with your question.

Having asylum counsel makes a candidate five times more successful with far less than a majority having a counsel. Suspect those sent back to Mexico don't have a favorable outcome even with counsel.

The only thing trump did differently was separate the families for a bit.

the border bill went farther than anything trump did.

Your response shows it has nothing to do with the bill or the border but who is sitting in the white house.
Why not take the time to list side by side Trump’s policy with the Bill you’re touting?

Why didn’t Biden at least do his first day in office what he did today? Answer is he wanted millions to come and two the country is pissed over his policy and this is all politics.

He's such a typical moral-less scumbag politician. He has no principles... only whatever it will take to get elected (or re-elected).

Why not take the time to list side by side Trump’s policy with the Bill you’re touting?

Why didn’t Biden at least do his first day in office what he did today? Answer is he wanted millions to come and two the country is pissed over his policy and this is all politics.
You could save time and just type bs bs bs and more bs

The question shouldn't be is the border deal perfect. It should be was it an improvement. In negotiations and compromise, no one is going to think anything is perfect. That border deal was much more of what conservatives claim to want than liberals and would have been a major improvement based on all the whining we have had to listen to from conservatives for years.....but not good enough LMAO.
I always find it interesting that a party that really and truly doesn't want open borders spends so much time negotiating from the position of people who appear to want open borders.

What other negotiation can you think of that goes that way. You and your fishing buddies....

"Hey, I'm not gay and you are not gay, but your restriction of zero percent of my bait and tackle going into your fishing hole seems just a little too extreme...."

"WTF Bob, that sounds pretty gay to me."

"What? Why would you say that? I mean, gay is just going to happen. We can't restrict all of my bait and tackle from going into your fishing hole. I mean people get naked and accidentally trip into each other. All I am saying is that if I accidentally trip do I get 20%? 40% I mean, I think I should get 100% but what can you do? So how about it, let's cut this and just say 50%"

"Dude, no. I don't swing that way. 0%."

"Well you just really want to ruin this fishing trip don'tcha."

That is Democrats on the border.

How old one ascertain that “many” have a legitimate case as an asylum seeker?

I always find it interesting that a party that really and truly doesn't want open borders spends so much time negotiating from the position of people who appear to want open borders.

What other negotiation can you think of that goes that way. You and your fishing buddies....

"Hey, I'm not gay and you are not gay, but your restriction of zero percent of my bait and tackle going into your fishing hole seems just a little too extreme...."

"What? Why would you say that? I mean, gay is just going to happen. We can't restrict all of my bait and tackle from going into your fishing hole. I mean people get naked and accidentally trip into each other. All I am saying is that if I accidentally trip do I get 20%? 40% I mean, I think I should get 100% but what can you do? So how about it, let's cut this and just say 50%"

If I didn't know better, I would say "bait", "tackle", and fishing "hole" are euphemisms for something, but not sure what it could be. Maybe these guys should pack their shit, jump in their truck, and take the dirt road out of there.

🤯

You're not a morning person, are you?

Cool. Just in time for the election. Nobody could've seen that coming.

Desperation (to get elected) can cause desperate measures. Sometimes though at least it's turning the ship the right way!
My Dad and I said the same thing this morning. Desperate times require desperate measures, sad part is there are a large contingent of American's (some asylum seekers, lol) that will fall for this from the Biden camp. We are all somewhat susceptible to the recency bias and he can play on this for the next 4-5 months.

My Dad and I said the same thing this morning. Desperate times require desperate measures, sad part is there are a large contingent of American's (some asylum seekers, lol) that will fall for this from the Biden camp. We are all somewhat susceptible to the recency bias and he can play on this for the next 4-5 months.
Both sides pander for votes... The crappy thing about this is basically everyone, at this point, wants some sort of change or improvement to immigration policy. This is one area that there really should be an ability to come together and do some positive things. But since we have two of the biggest douche bags in the history of douche bags running our two main political parties right now...and a growing percentage of both voting bases being comprised of douche bags...we're left with no solutions, more crisis, more arguing.

If either of these buffoons weren't buffoons, I'd honestly consider the dictatorship route right about now. King Manchin, or Queen Haley would be better for our country right now than the shit show it currently is.

in order to make them appear foolish.

Craze, the only time "open borders" enters the immigration debate is when one party declares the other party as wanting "open borders".

Both parties love to take the other party's positions to extremes to make them appear foolish. These tactics only make reaching a consensus more difficult. Part of the reason updating immigration laws simply escapes Congress.

Rather rant than fix.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT