ADVERTISEMENT

Team Camp Article

SIAP - Quick scan didn't turn up anything about this.

Great opportunity and event. I watched a Sleepers episode where they reviewed Sisley's recruitment and they love him. Carter even mentioned he could see him being 1 and done because of his offensive flexibility, which I found surprising. Both said they feel like PU is the team to beat, but I don't think they have concrete reasoning for that, just suspicions.

Also Indiana Sports Beat (Jim Coyle) interviewed Todd Leary, and he was at several of the games at the camp including when Sisley's team played Mullins. He really seems to like both players a lot. A few weeks ago I thought he said that if you got 1, he'd prefer Mullins over Sisley, but in his review yesterday I thought he talked more about Sisley and sounds super high on him too now. Apparently the Sisley's have had Todd work with him on his shot, so that may play into it too.

As I've mentioned, I'm planning on going to see their IN Elite team play next month at an AAU championship tournament here in Rock Hill and looking forward to seeing their entire team. Coyle is also very high on their PG, who apparently is a bigger football recruit, but he might be an option if IU would allow him to play both. Their starting PF (Desmond Briscoe) I think is even a top 100 kid in some ratings, although don't think we've recruited him, but would hope the staff is keeping an eye on him too. Loaded team.

Reactions: hookyIU1990
Great opportunity and event. I watched a Sleepers episode where they reviewed Sisley's recruitment and they love him. Carter even mentioned he could see him being 1 and done because of his offensive flexibility, which I found surprising. Both said they feel like PU is the team to beat, but I don't think they have concrete reasoning for that, just suspicions.

Also Indiana Sports Beat (Jim Coyle) interviewed Todd Leary, and he was at several of the games at the camp including when Sisley's team played Mullins. He really seems to like both players a lot. A few weeks ago I thought he said that if you got 1, he'd prefer Mullins over Sisley, but in his review yesterday I thought he talked more about Sisley and sounds super high on him too now. Apparently the Sisley's have had Todd work with him on his shot, so that may play into it too.

As I've mentioned, I'm planning on going to see their IN Elite team play next month at an AAU championship tournament here in Rock Hill and looking forward to seeing their entire team. Coyle is also very high on their PG, who apparently is a bigger football recruit, but he might be an option if IU would allow him to play both. Their starting PF (Desmond Briscoe) I think is even a top 100 kid in some ratings, although don't think we've recruited him, but would hope the staff is keeping an eye on him too. Loaded team.
Never watched a sleepers episode. Entertaining stuff?

I haven't seen enough of either one to know if they'd be a fit for the offense Woodson wants to run. I'm still on the struggle bus with his offensive philosophy, though, so maybe that's me being hard-headed.

Never watched a sleepers episode. Entertaining stuff?
I like it. They are younger guys and they cover a broad expanse of college ball, with a focus on the B10. One is a UM guy and the other MSU but played at Albion College I think, but overall I think they are fair. I started watching last year and thought they hated IU, but in fairness, they hated the roster construction and relying on XJ and thought the team was a mess... and they were right! They do LOVE Painter and especially Braden Smith, so that gets tiresome (they think he's the leader for B10 POY), but they watch a ton of games and produce a ton of content and aren't shy about opinions. They both agree IU has the best roster, with Greg (UM guy) saying we should win B10 by 3 games and the other (Carter-MSU guy) saying he things PU will win because of Paint vs Woody. They're doing a lot of NBA draft stuff and do interesting topic shows, like IU vs PU roster/top 10 players, best players in the B10, etc... It adds some variety but take it for what it's worth.

Reactions: Pryght and .Gerdis
That's what I've assumed, and I wonder why he'd want to come here for that role.
I can't say because I've not watched him play, even in highlights, but the buzz and reviews sure sound a lot higher praise than would've ever been heaped on Miller Kopp, although I think Kopp was a top 150/100 recruit back in the day. Sounds like a better rebounder and has more inside game, but Kopp might've showed that in HS too. Just from what the Sleepers guys have said and Todd Leary, it sure sounds like they'd expect more out of him.

Reactions: ulrey
He wasn't atrocious. He had major injuries, and he was relied upon too heavily to do things he wasn't great at. But a healthy Hartman, playing a "Miller Kopp" type role, was a solid high major level college player.
Miller wasn't good either. You realize IU has been pretty damn bad at basketball because of these dudes right? If they were good role players, we wood be going places in the tourney and B1G. Miller should have shot twice as much, but was scared hey would get blocked 50% of the time. Because he didn't shoot enough, that made his awful D hurt more.

Miller wasn't good either. You realize IU has been pretty damn bad at basketball because of these dudes right? If they were good role players, we wood be going places in the tourney and B1G. Miller should have shot twice as much, but was scared hey would get blocked 50% of the time. Because he didn't shoot enough, that made his awful D hurt more.
"atrocious" though? No.

Reactions: Bucket Getter
Ive watched the 4 top targets play many times sinse the middle of last AAU season. Sisley, if we're talking recent IU players, is closer to OG Anunoby than Kopp or Hartman. If you need a Caucasian comp, cross Sheehey and Nover. Either way he can defend 1-4 and will be a natural fit early as a complementary 4out4. He's very athletic and blends his game to fit with winning talent. He could end up at the 3 eventually but he'll get drafted. There's a combination of things that could happen that could have him start day one.

Ive watched the 4 top targets play many times sinse the middle of last AAU season. Sisley, if we're talking recent IU players, is closer to OG Anunoby than Kopp or Hartman. If you need a Caucasian comp, cross Sheehey and Nover. Either way he can defend 1-4 and will be a natural fit early as a complementary 4out4. He's very athletic and blends his game to fit with winning talent. He could end up at the 3 eventually but he'll get drafted. There's a combination of things that could happen that could have him start day one.
Thanks for that. Hope you post more. That's good stuff.

Wait, you can compare white guys to black guys????

Reactions: kkott
I've seen a couple of Sisley's games against my Washington Hatchets. I thought he had good athleticism and length. I've not really seen Mullins, but according to Todd Leary Mullins deserves to be blowing up in the rankings.

Neither were Kreigh Smith/Steve Eyl type players. Those two played their roles extremely well.

So atrocious that he was a starter on a Big Ten championship team.
Crean literally checked himself into the hospital because he was having breakdowns. Lots of crazy shit happened. That team had 4 nba players. Hartman was not one of them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT