ADVERTISEMENT

Biden said if a medical condition emerges he’d

drop out. Get ready for a medical condition to emerge with a wink wink. Provides an out while saving face

I fully agree. This comment (along with his recent comments about Harris being suited to being POTUS) seems like a clear indication that Biden is going to fold up shop.

Will a path be cleared for Kamala Harris or do they seek to hold some kind of mini-primary? If it's Harris, will Biden stay in office through January or give her the spoils of incumbency?

Reactions: mcmurtry66
They need to get some momentum. Like I said saves face for Biden and allows that opp

This will definitely present that opportunity. But, obviously, there are risks inherent in any of the paths forward. I would expect most Democrats to breathe a sigh of relief when Biden officially withdraws.

Personally, I think it would be worth the risk for them to hold some kind of a process to choose a replacement candidate. It would be contentious, but it would also be relatively brief and allow enough time to put the Biden drama and all this in the rearview mirror and coalesce around whoever that candidate ends up being.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
This will definitely present that opportunity. But, obviously, there are risks inherent in any of the paths forward. I would expect most Democrats to breathe a sigh of relief when Biden officially withdraws.

Personally, I think it would be worth the risk for them to hold some kind of a process to choose a replacement candidate. It would be contentious, but it would also be relatively brief and allow enough time to put the Biden drama and all this in the rearview mirror and coalesce around whoever that candidate ends up being.
I’ve obviously been critical of this administration from day one with their reliance on identity politics and progressive domestic policy . Biden can laud the economy but many voters believe they lost spending power with this admin and don’t care otherwise. A new candidate wipes the slate clean, potentially. The new candidate enjoys the benefits of a fresh case and MIGHT be immune to much of the stink attached to Biden/Harris.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
I fully agree. This comment (along with his recent comments about Harris being suited to being POTUS) seems like a clear indication that Biden is going to fold up shop.

Will a path be cleared for Kamala Harris or do they seek to hold some kind of mini-primary? If it's Harris, will Biden stay in office through January or give her the spoils of incumbency?
My prediction is that he drops out (says he wil not accept the nomination), does not officially endorse Harris, encourages her and other interested Democrats throw their hats in the ring within a few days and they make their cases for the nomination before the convention. Biden remains in office. That’s their best chance for nominating the strongest candidate. It would be great entertainment too.

My prediction is that he drops out (says he wil not accept the nomination), does not officially endorse Harris, encourages her and other interested Democrats throw their hats in the ring within a few days and they make their cases for the nomination before the convention. Biden remains in office. That’s their best chance for nominating the strongest candidate. It would be great entertainment too.
Sounds good -- in theory, anyway.

L
Bidden hand picked Harris as pay back to the black caucus and Clyburn. If he doesn’t back her 100% if he withdraws, the Democrats are severely fractured.

That speech to the NAACP might have been the last straw. He was basically yelling at them, looking like a lunatic.

Reactions: Ty Webb iu
drop out. Get ready for a medical condition to emerge with a wink wink. Provides an out while saving face
That won’t help much. The Democrats won’t be able to say “good riddance to bad rubbish,” they will need to devote much of the convention to celebrating a horribly unpopular president. Meanwhile Trump is attracting a lot of mainstream support. It’s almost as if it might be OK to wear a MAGA hat.

The Trump campaign is suffering from a serious case of Hubristic Inevitability Complex. I can understand them feeling that way with Biden as the opponent. But they shouldn't feel that way with a different one -- whether it's Harris or anybody else.

I agree. Harris has a better chance of winning then Biden. But I don't think you're going to get the "anyone else". It will be Kamala or Biden, unless Michelle reconsiders,

I agree. Harris has a better chance of winning then Biden. But I don't think you're going to get the "anyone else". It will be Kamala or Biden, unless Michelle reconsiders,
Only Biden or Harris can use the campaign funds or get on the ballot in Wisconsin.

Ha there it is. Joe how much winning can THE DREAM TEAM do? We. Are. Always. Right.
You keep holding on to that, the official ballot for president is not yet determined. The dates your Twitter people see are for all other races. No state has had a presidential deadline yet.

You keep holding on to that, the official ballot for president is not yet determined. The dates your Twitter people see are for all other races. No state has had a presidential deadline yet.
Did you reply to the wrong person? Bitch I’m not on twitter. I’m on THE GRAM. I don’t care about political nerds I’m looking at THE PROBLEM CHILD CELEBRITY GOTCHAS BULLDOGS RELATIONSHIP ADVICE STREET KNOCKOUTS AND BARCA HIGHLIGHTS CIRCA 08–12

Did you reply to the wrong person? Bitch I’m not on twitter. I’m on THE GRAM. I don’t care about political nerds I’m looking at THE PROBLEM CHILD CELEBRITY GOTCHAS BULLDOGS RELATIONSHIP ADVICE STREET KNOCKOUTS AND BARCA HIGHLIGHTS CIRCA 08–12
That was supposed to be to DBM. We are watching a couple extra dogs, typing on my phone without one jumping on my lap isn't possible. I must have hit the wrong reply.

But you protested so much it becomes obvious you live on Twitter.

This is a fantasy for anti-trumper Republicans, not unlike Democrats fantasizing about the GOP suddenly nominating a Holcomb or DeWine or whatever.

I'm real life, if/when Biden steps back, Harris is the only option, and the party must get behind her immediately.

I would watch an open convention. Hillary and Bernie cage match!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT