ADVERTISEMENT

Biden said if a medical condition emerges he’d

That won’t help much. The Democrats won’t be able to say “good riddance to bad rubbish,” they will need to devote much of the convention to celebrating a horribly unpopular president. Meanwhile Trump is attracting a lot of mainstream support. It’s almost as if it might be OK to wear a MAGA hat.
Ummmmmm really? Where is he getting mainstream support? And no, it’s NEVER ok to wear a MAGA hat.

Ummmmmm really? Where is he getting mainstream support? And no, it’s NEVER ok to wear a MAGA hat.
I’m not even a Trump guy and I don’t have a MAGA hat, but if I did, I’d wear it just to piss people like you off.

Hell, I might get one. Actually, now that I think about it, my wife has one. Maybe I’ll just borrow hers.

This is a fantasy for anti-trumper Republicans, not unlike Democrats fantasizing about the GOP suddenly nominating a Holcomb or DeWine or whatever.

I'm real life, if/when Biden steps back, Harris is the only option, and the party must get behind her immediately.
Actually, this isn't just me or other never-Trumpers. I've heard a number of Democrats proposing something similar. One proposed a similar mini-primary thing because he thinks Harris would be tested and be a stronger candidate for it (assuming she wins the convention) and that is the only way she'd win against Trump. Besides, the theory is that Biden resigning and her running as an incumbent is the best possible scenario for defeating Trump. I don't know if that's true or not, but it makes sense so shouldn't never-Trumpers be going with that one?

I fully agree. This comment (along with his recent comments about Harris being suited to being POTUS) seems like a clear indication that Biden is going to fold up shop.

Will a path be cleared for Kamala Harris or do they seek to hold some kind of mini-primary? If it's Harris, will Biden stay in office through January or give her the spoils of incumbency?
Please be Harris. Probably like 10% chance it’s Harris. Word is nobody likes her, not even her own family.

I agree. Harris has a better chance of winning than Biden. But I don't think you're going to get the "anyone else". It will be Kamala or Biden, unless Michelle reconsiders,
Harris has no chance. She’s less popular than the Biden corpse. If she is the nominee I say spend no $ on the election. Trump will be a shoe in.

Joy Reid is a moron. Psaki looked like she was rolling her eyes at her.

That said, she more than anyone else on that panel would know that Biden not anywhere close to what he used to be. I wish she was more forthcoming about it.
You probably could have said the same thing 2 years ago and been just as spot on.

Actually, this isn't just me or other never-Trumpers. I've heard a number of Democrats proposing something similar. One proposed a similar mini-primary thing because he thinks Harris would be tested and be a stronger candidate for it (assuming she wins the convention) and that is the only way she'd win against Trump. Besides, the theory is that Biden resigning and her running as an incumbent is the best possible scenario for defeating Trump. I don't know if that's true or not, but it makes sense so shouldn't never-Trumpers be going with that one?
Yeah, that’s not true.

the navy comes through tissue GIF by Warner Archive

drop out. Get ready for a medical condition to emerge with a wink wink. Provides an out while saving face
One can only hope (re: dropping out...not a medical condition). I don't think most people would care how flakey the reasoning

I’m not even a Trump guy and I don’t have a MAGA hat, but if I did, I’d wear it just to piss people like you off.

Hell, I might get one. Actually, now that I think about it, my wife has one. Maybe I’ll just borrow hers.
I like it when people wear them. Lets me know who to stay far away from. And everyone giggles at you

• Haha
Reactions: Hoopsdoc1978
Joy Reid is a moron. Psaki looked like she was rolling her eyes at her.

That said, she more than anyone else on that panel would know that Biden not anywhere close to what he used to be. I wish she was more forthcoming about it.
Yeah not a fan of Joy Reid. Psaki already said she thought he should step down, didn’t she?

Reactions: UncleMark
I would love the idea if there was more time. However, with little over 3 months to go, they will likely roll with Harris to hit the ground running. They will need to figure out a vp and fast.

Now wait just a second here! This needed much more attention. You cant just go off and spout nonsense like this

You cant be "slightly pregnant*.
There's no such thing as a free lunch.
One does not simply grow a soul.
But one can, grow totally gray (reads white) hair, after being a walking fire engine for his life...
Per my posting style, could you not notice that I am a fuse that ignites easily? Classic Ginger !

Saw an old man wearing one coming out of Bloomington Hardware the other day, musta been 85+...."William but his buddies call him Bill".

Told him I liked his hat, and his truck.

He replied his wife was afraid he was "gonna get beat up in this town" wearing that hat. 😀 Talked to him for 15 mins.

He's getting my Henke Hall tickets for home games if we're outta town. Salt of the earth. 👍

Assuming Biden taps out...

Behind the scene decision makers should take control of this immediately...don't allow Pelosi and company grab the headlines for much longer.

Biden should resign his office, and officially endorse a new primary. Invite Harris, and anyone else to throw their hat in the ring.

In reality, set it up so its Harris, Wes Moore, and Gretchen Whitmer. And somehow make sure Moore is the winner, and that he picks Whitmer as his running mate.

Lots of hypotheticals, and forcing here....pretty far fetched stuff. But we're living in Twilight Zone times, where conventional wisdom doesn't often apply...so why not? No matter what, they need to quickly change the narrative. And with Trump picking Vance...and having a pretty solid campaign now...that ticket would give them a chance to provide a glaring alternative to Trump/Vance. It should both energize the base, but with Moore as the lead on the ticket, not be as obviously "far left" as a Harris or Newsome might be. News flash for some of our posters on here...Far left politics are just as unpopular as MAGA politics are...to moderate voters. Both of those people are governors, so you're not risking losing a senate seat. And I think Moore is young enough, and probably strong enough, that if he were to lose to Trump in November...it wouldn't ruin his political career. Especially if his entire platform is about getting back to sane leadership, bringing younger/fresher ideas, common sense policies on abortion, immigration, etc...

Most importantly, I think that ticket probably energizes and helps Dems down ballot.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT