ADVERTISEMENT

Biden Admin Wants More 'Equitable' Home Ownership

so the red pins were totally different than the red ink. got it. bwg

word of advice. stop digging.

that said, i have some lending background though ancient, and i know the attitudes of those involved wherein.

i also grasp and am symathetic as to why they have said attitudes, and how they acquired them.

regardless, once maps, actual or understood, become involved in the process rather than just the basic ability and willingness to pay metrics, is when things can go off track.
You’re exhausting. I guess the OCC are a bunch of redlining racists. They reviewed the same maps during their audits.

I am sure in your lowly lending position you never dealt with the OCC.

You’re exhausting. I guess the OCC are a bunch of redlining racists. They reviewed the same maps during their audits.

I am sure in your lowly lending position you never dealt with the OCC.

i know i gave you a hard time and wasn't releasing you from your own trap, but you brought it on yourself as well.

as i said above, the health of the industry is absolutely vital to society as a whole, and i realize that means saying no sometimes, even often, for the best interests of all involved.

we just have to make sure decisions are based in the basic ability and willingness to pay metrics, and nothing else.

and even those become more complicated every day in today's economy and markets.

The maps weren’t used to redline. They were used show the banks coverage in the community and identify areas the bank wasn’t covering adequately. Areas where the bank had deficiencies they tried to address.

I guess I should give up. I am obviously not getting it communicated properly.

I was actually laughing at the absurdity of your detractor...not you. Sorry for the confusion.

Reactions: JamieDimonsBalls
for your information asshole, "maps showing where we were accepting loan applications and making loans", absolutely IS the very definition of redlining.

really dude, how stupid are you.

if what you meant to say is different than what you actually said, that isn't on me.

if you don't grasp the difference, that also isn't on me.
"Maps showing where we were accepting loan applications and making loans", is not the definition of redlining. "Showing" indicates that it was a collection of data for loans and applications made and received. It only becomes redlining if the maps are used to DECIDE where to make loans.

Reactions: DANC
I’ve evidently done a horrible job of explaining. There was certainly no malice in the use of the maps. The maps were dotted with color coded pins. It was easy to identify areas the banks weren’t covering adequately.
No, everyone who isn't looking for racism under every rock understood what you were saying.

I'm saying if you don't vote, you can't complain about what we've got.
I don't agree. If you are in a state you know will go red (and does)...your vote isn't(wasn't) that important.

I get what you are saying in spirit, but logically it's just not the case. At least that's my opinion.

I'm in a red state that went red. I didn't vote. I still complain about the Biden Administration and their clear desire to destroy our once great country.

I don't agree. If you are in a state you know will go red (and does)...your vote isn't(wasn't) that important.

I get what you are saying in spirit, logically it's just not the case. At least that's my opinion.
A civic-minded person votes. They don't just accept what everything else decides for them.

I have a sister like that - she's a Democrat and complains about Indiana being Republican, but doesn't vote because the thinks it doesn't make a difference.

A civic-minded person votes. They don't just accept what everything else decides for them.

I have a sister like that - she's a Democrat and complains about Indiana being Republican, but doesn't vote because the thinks it doesn't make a difference.
She's right, imo. But I also respect those that choose otherwise, even when I believe their vote doesn't matter because the state is going one way or the other regardless.

I will say, if I was in a swing state I would definitely vote.

i know i gave you a hard time and wasn't releasing you from your own trap, but you brought it on yourself as well.

as i said above, the health of the industry is absolutely vital to society as a whole, and i realize that means saying no sometimes, even often, for the best interests of all involved.

we just have to make sure decisions are based in the basic ability and willingness to pay metrics, and nothing else.

and even those become more complicated every day in today's economy and markets.
I honestly don’t understand the trap that you speak of. The map I spoke about was never used to exclude borrowers. It was used to identify where the bank wasn’t covering adequately and proactively go after business in that area.

I went on a bank board in my mid thirties. Never once over the next 25/30 years was I involved in a regular board meeting, loan committee meeting or audit committee meeting where there was discussion on how to exclude people in the community as customers.

I remember a board retreat in the early days when Mexican Immigrants were pouring into our community. At the retreat we talked and planned to contact and speak to business and other leaders in that community. We wanted to know specific services they might need and encourage them to use our bank. We looked at placing ATMs at stores in their community. We looked for Spanish speaking tellers and loan officers.

I actually pushed and eventually got the bank to build a branch in a rural area that never dreamed of having a bank in that rural area. That brach is still open and serving the rural community.

On the original discussion, I don’t believe you punish good credit risks and reward bad credit risks.

I'm in a red state that went red. I didn't vote. I still complain about the Biden Administration and their clear desire to destroy our once great country.
Always an opportunity to pump up the 3rd party vote in those instances...if nothing other than to have a 3rd party "detector" live in the debates, that could call both candidates, and the typically shitlib moderator, out on blatant bullshit.

Spike Cohen would be like the ultimate truth detector up there, just destroying Biden and Trump on every lie.

Reactions: Ty Webb iu
I honestly don’t understand the trap that you speak of. The map I spoke about was never used to exclude borrowers. It was used to identify where the bank wasn’t covering adequately and proactively go after business in that area.

I went on a bank board in my mid thirties. Never once over the next 25/30 years was I involved in a regular board meeting, loan committee meeting or audit committee meeting where there was discussion on how to exclude people in the community as customers.

I remember a board retreat in the early days when Mexican Immigrants were pouring into our community. At the retreat we talked and planned to contact and speak to business and other leaders in that community. We wanted to know specific services they might need and encourage them to use our bank. We looked at placing ATMs at stores in their community. We looked for Spanish speaking tellers and loan officers.

I actually pushed and eventually got the bank to build a branch in a rural area that never dreamed of having a bank in that rural area. That brach is still open and serving the rural community.

On the original discussion, I don’t believe you punish good credit risks and reward bad credit risks.
You are absolutely correct you do not punish some to benefit others. Very rarely if ever do you see redlining these days or in the past 30+ years. While I believe banks are vastly over regulated, they are still regulated by government entities that make things like redlining obsolete. Anyone who read your comments as anything other than informative is just looking for ways to be negative. I know from speaking to our board it is sometimes a difficult job I'm sure the bank officials and staff of that bank apricated you.

You are absolutely correct you do not punish some to benefit others. Very rarely if ever do you see redlining these days or in the past 30+ years. While I believe banks are vastly over regulated, they are still regulated by government entities that make things like redlining obsolete. Anyone who read your comments as anything other than informative is just looking for ways to be negative. I know from speaking to our board it is sometimes a difficult job I'm sure the bank officials and staff of that bank apricated you.
Stoll’s funeral procession will include Ferraris, buggies, horses, and pedestrians. It’ll extend for miles and miles. They’ll be men in Brioni suits talking iu hoops with those in straw hats. Enough clients to prime the pump of a midsized city. Only on this board does he catch grief, by those who prefer the company of furries, groomers and armed trannies

Stoll’s funeral procession will include Ferraris, buggies, horses, and pedestrians. It’ll extend for miles and miles. They’ll be men in Brioni suits talking iu hoops with those in straw hats. Enough clients to prime the pump of a midsized city. Only on this board does he catch grief, by those who prefer the company of furries, groomers and armed trannies
Lol, I'm somewhat familiar with Washington and Daviess county. Very cool and laid back place to live, definitely not for everyone but if you do not like hustle and bustle it is a great place to settle down.

I think you got it right. 😂. Except the thousands that love me won’t get a funeral procession, funeral service or memorial service. My GF/future wife will put my ashes in an urn on on the dresser next to her two deceased cats and one dog. 😂

I think you got it right. 😂. Except the thousands that love me won’t get a funeral procession, funeral service or memorial service. My GF/future wife will put my ashes in an urn on on the dresser next to her two deceased cats and one dog. 😂
Then he just described your wedding guest list.
(Congrats on your upcoming nuptials!)

i'm not accusing you or the bank of discriminating, just poor wording on your part, and not grasping exactly what you yourself were saying.

that said, "maps showing where we were accepting applications and making loans", absolutely IS the definition of redlining.

if a map indicates where you accept applications and make loans, it also indicates where you don't accept applications and make loans.

i gave you ample space to clarify and re-word, and you just kept doubling down.

peace.

Last edited:

Not sure why you feel the need to defend yourself against posters that hate the banking system and cannot use paragraphs.

What you said was not redlining because you didn’t state the bank took any action (deciding not to lend to certain neighborhoods) based on geography. It’s pretty clear what you meant and without explicit intent, some may be desperate to play the race card.

Not sure why you feel the need to defend yourself against posters that hate the banking system and cannot use paragraphs.

What you said was not redlining because you didn’t state the bank took any action (deciding not to lend to certain neighborhoods) based on geography. It’s pretty clear what you meant and without explicit intent, some may be desperate to play the race card.

you outright lie.

way too much of that here and elsewhere..

but then it isn't done by accident, is it.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC

I have a serious flaw. My family, friends and clients tell me all the time “some people don’t like you and there’s nothing you can do about it.”

There have been some galactically stupid policies proposed and implemented over the years, but, damn, this one is out there. Harm the people who have done the right thing. Reward those who haven’t.

Mindnumbingly moronic. People proposing this should never be allowed near any position of power and should be limited to digging ditches.

Look for economists, following the next housing and financial crash, to point back at this as a major factor.

Thanks, Joe. You and your administration are all doing a bang-up job. And then you’ll pass it along to Kamalalala.

Last edited:
Have a niece who argued lenders should loan more money to folks like her with low credit scores so they could borrow more and have an opportunity to improve their credit scores.

Haven't talked to her lately. She may be working for the Biden administration.

There have been some galactically stupid policies proposed and implemented over the years, but, damn, this one is out there. Harm the people who have done the right thing. Reward those who haven’t.

Mindnumbingly moronic. People proposing this should never be allowed near any position of power and should be limited to digging ditches.

Look for economists, following the next housing and financial crash, to point back as this as a major factor.

Thanks, Joe. You and your administration are all doing a bang-up job. And then you’ll pass it along to Kamalalala.
Lol this administration really is a collection of really stupid people . Eventually it might trickle down to me tho. Bad credit. Get those who did the right thing to subsidize your mortgage. Picked a stupid major. Get those who didn’t to subsidize your student loans. Bad marriage. Get those in a good marriage to subsidize your child support. WHEN?! WHEN?!!!!!!

Lol this administration really is a collection of really stupid people . Eventually it might trickle down to me tho. Bad credit. Get those who did the right thing to subsidize your mortgage. Picked a stupid major. Get those who didn’t to subsidize your student loans. Bad marriage. Get those in a good marriage to subsidize your child support. WHEN?! WHEN?!!!!!!
I know you don't like Trump, but if you vote for Biden after things like this......

Reactions: dbmhoosier
Interesting that you and Lucy are gettin’ it on.
I hadn't read this thread earlier. I've decided Mark is now on the list of possible Lucy's. Should have seen it the whole time.

I knew what you meant.

People should give each other the benefit of the doubt. If you're confused or reading something as someone being a bad person, ask questions before judging.

Dammit. I'm really going to have to watch Ted Lasso.

Reactions: anon_6hv78pr714xta
I hadn't read this thread earlier. I've decided Mark is now on the list of possible Lucy's. Should have seen it the whole time.

Dammit. I'm really going to have to watch Ted Lasso.
You're not missing a damn thing. Most overrated show ever. Not great writing, mumbling British diaglogue, stupid unrealistic premise, annoying characters.

Sudeikis should have stayed on SNL.

It’s a truly wonderful show. A classic in creativity. This season is the last and it needs to be
OMG it's awful. It's about soccer, so I get you'd like it.

Just a dumb show all the way around.

You're not missing a damn thing. Most overrated show ever. Not great writing, mumbling British diaglogue, stupid unrealistic premise, annoying characters.

Sudeikis should have stayed on SNL.
Just depends. If it's too "feel good" then I'm out. I have no stomach for the inevitable pivot back to real life.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT