ADVERTISEMENT

Before you die, what about IU Basketball would you like to know?

I'll start...

I want Tom Crean to HONESTLY address the Kyrie Irving shit story. Did he really plug the Irving's toilet and not tell anyone?
Eh, I'm good going to the grave not having heard the finer details of that recruiting visit. Hard pass.

What I *would* like to know is how much was Josh Smith ever really a part of the IU family. And, what Megan's up to these days.

Eh, I'm good going to the grave not having heard the finer details of that recruiting visit. Hard pass.

What I *would* like to know is how much was Josh Smith ever really a part of the IU family. And, what Megan's up to these days.
Who’s Megan? If you mean Mackenzie Holmes, she came back to IU as a Grad manager, see other thread in this forum……

I'll start...

I want Tom Crean to HONESTLY address the Kyrie Irving shit story. Did he really plug the Irving's toilet and not tell anyone?
I'd want to know what play caused Alan Henderson to buckle his knee up in practice on 2/19/93. I've heard him going for an errant pass that was headed out of bounds, and also heard a snowbird pass from Pat Graham for a wide open dunk. Also about the phone call between Knight & Felipe Lopez was legit when Felipe wasnt ready to choose a school yet.

Reactions: Pryght and ulrey
What were the real reasons Recker and Collier transferred out and did RMK try to keep them at IU?

Reactions: Pryght
I wouldn’t mind knowing what specifically happened when Larry Bird was enrolled and on campus for a few weeks. The story isn’t totally clear.

For me, there isn’t much I want to know with IUBB, but there are several huge “what ifs” that could have drastically changed the history of the program. Coaching hires, players, injuries, a ref…

Last edited:

Megan is now known as the Duchess of Sussex!

• Haha
Reactions: UncleMark
I'll start...

Yes and then Dakich ripped off his shirt.

Not a great look.

What really happened between Coach and Giomi?

Giomi is a real estate agent in Seattle. Married w kids:

"With me, I probably could have used more pats on the back than I got," Giomi said. "Coach Knight is there to coach for Coach Knight. It's Coach Knight's way. You have to respect that. In the end, it didn't work out. I learned a tremendous amount from Coach Knight, but, as people, we weren't going to mix."

He had to sit out a year before playing his final season at NC State. While there, his percentages in field goals and FT’s, along with scoring average, dropped below those of his soph. and jr. seasons at IU. Mike, you screwed up.

As of July 2024, Giomi apparently has yet to find a publisher for his promised “no holds barred/tell-all” book regarding his Bob Knight experience.

Giomi is a real estate agent in Seattle. Married w kids:

"With me, I probably could have used more pats on the back than I got," Giomi said. "Coach Knight is there to coach for Coach Knight. It's Coach Knight's way. You have to respect that. In the end, it didn't work out. I learned a tremendous amount from Coach Knight, but, as people, we weren't going to mix."
You mean the cheerleader story wasn’t true? Shocking!

• Love
Reactions: UncleMark
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT