ADVERTISEMENT

Bama/Georgia

Watching multiple games, every school has players.
The SMU team was left for dead in 1986. They are now 10-2 and have playmakers at the skill positions and in the lines.

Alabama wins
FSU wins
Michigan wins
What do you do with Washington?
in that scenario

Washington is in. Michigan is in

FSU, Texas, Alabama and Georgia for the last 2

tough one

I'll take Texas and Alabama

Last edited:
Alabama is in if they win which means Texas is also in since they beat Alabama. That leaves Georgia, Michigan, and Florida State fighting for one spot.

Assuming Bama wins that means three of the four slots are filled in my view. Obviously, if Michigan wins they take the final slot over Georgia and Florida State.
I can’t see them leaving Texas out in that scenario. IF FSU stumbles or just eeks it out then that opens the door for Texas and I think the SEC gets shut out. Of course it’s a committee so who the hell knows.

Reactions: vesuvius13
Assuming Bama wins that means three of the four slots are filled in my view. Obviously, if Michigan wins they take the final slot over Georgia and Florida State.
If FSU and UM wins, than means 3 of the 4 slots are filled with one slot open.

If Bama beats Georgia then it comes down to Bama or Texas for the final spot. Both will have a conference title but Texas beat Bama. No SEC in the CFP if that happens.

If FSU and UM wins, than means 3 of the 4 slots are filled with one slot open.

If Bama beats Georgia then it comes down to Bama or Texas for the final spot. Both will have a conference title but Texas beat Bama. No SEC in the CFP if that happens.
Because of their win over Alabama, Texas is in the cat bird seat. The committee is itching to dump FSU because they're playing with their 3rd string QB.

Last edited:
Because of their win over Alabama, Texas is in the cat bird seat. The committee is itching to dump FSU because their playing with their 3rd string QB.
For sure but FSU is in if they win. 4 undefeated conference champions is an easy pick. If FSU loses, TX is in.

Texas>>FSU & Michigan imo

and Texas beat Bama head to head (at Bama iirc)
Michigan and Washington in as undefeated conference champs.

I agree about Texas being better than FSU and Michigan. Texas is probably better than Washington.

The SEC just plays a faster, better game. Either Bama or Georgia would run Michigan off the field.

Reactions: dr.jb
It’d be a crime to leave Washington out. Their schedule was easily twice, maybe three times, harder than Michigan’s. .
I had it in my head that they were 4 rather than 3. That changes my question to their favor. I do agree with a previous poster that shutting out the SEC would be unlikely.

It’d be a crime to leave Washington out. Their schedule was easily twice, maybe three times, harder than Michigan’s. .
Essy.....

1 seed - Michigan
2 seed - Washington
3 seed - Florida State
4 seed - Texas

It's a lesson to the SEC to stop scheduling FCS opponents.

Reactions: Kelly_32
Essy.....

1 seed - Michigan
2 seed - Washington
3 seed - Florida State
4 seed - Texas

It's a lesson to the SEC to stop scheduling FCS opponents.
What about tOSU? A one loss 6 getting jumped by Texas and/or Alabama with teams above them losing. If the committee had no intention of putting them in the playoff, they never should have put them at 6 before all this.

Florida State is not a top four team right now. They have no shot in the playoffs. No way they should get in over an extremely hot Alabama team.

Reactions: kmathum
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT