ADVERTISEMENT

UM v Bama

Penix has learned to turn down the power a little on shorter, flatter passes.
If I was the NFL owner with the 1st pick I'd send MP 2 blank checks.
Deboer has taught him to really get the ball out quickly. I think they said he'd only been sacked 11 times ALL YEAR.

Still has that quick release and accuracy. His WR - especially Dounze(?) catch about everything thrown at them.

Coaching makes such a difference.....

Deboer has taught him to really get the ball out quickly. I think they said he'd only been sacked 11 times ALL YEAR.

Still has that quick release and accuracy. His WR - especially Dounze(?) catch about everything thrown at them.

Coaching makes such a difference.....

Penix is CRAZY good. Hard to believe that he didn't win the Heisman!!

If he is on like that for the championship, I think they beat UM.

Penix is CRAZY good. Hard to believe that he didn't win the Heisman!!

If he is on like that for the championship, I think they beat UM.
He's been on like that all year. I ceased being amazed at his throws after watching him this year. He is just uncanny in his accuracy, but his receivers also catch the 50/50 or tough catches.

Yep. Problem is Washington can score so quick that Michigan will need to score. Hard to play the keep away game against them. They(Washington)can run regular offense and score in less than 4 minutes.
Yep…but the fewer the possessions the less likely it is for them to get in a rhythm. Sark played into their hands. Harbaugh will have no problem playing ground and pound. Sark wants to be seen as this offensive savant. I don’t think Michigan will fall into that trap

I told my mom after the first quarter that Michigan looked like the better team. They were winning the LOS on both sides. Between Michigan mistakes, Saban adjustments, and Milroe making some individual plays Bama almost pulled it off, but at the end of the night I think the better team won.

Yep…but the fewer the possessions the less likely it is for them to get in a rhythm. Sark played into their hands. Harbaugh will have no problem playing ground and pound. Sark wants to be seen as this offensive savant. I don’t think Michigan will fall into that trap
They said Sober Sark scripts the first 40 plays. How in the world does that make any sense? I’ve got to believe there’s some flexibility built in there somehow, but dang, that’d take you to halftime or maybe into the 3rd quarter.

Is he actually watching the game and calling appropriately beneficial plays or just sticking to the script?

They said Sober Sark scripts the first 40 plays. How in the world does that make any sense? I’ve got to believe there’s some flexibility built in there somehow, but dang, that’d take you to halftime or maybe into the 3rd quarter.

Is he actually watching the game and calling appropriately beneficial plays or just sticking to the script?
My guess is 1st and 2nd down are scripted for the most part

Reactions: vesuvius13
They said on the broadcast that he was injured every year while at IU.
I know he was injured a lot but every year??
Pretty sure that's right. I can't remember if he red-shirted - I don't think he did, but not sure.

Reactions: vesuvius13
Pretty sure that's right. I can't remember if he red-shirted - I don't think he did, but not sure.
He did plus got the COVID year. He played in ‘18 but the new RS rule allowed him to RS since he played less than 4 games.

So 6 years of college ball, 4 season ending injuries (IU) and 2 healthy, Heisman list seasons (WA). Typical.

BTW for anyone who missed it…MP has thrown for more yards in back to back seasons than any QB since Mahomes. Not too shabby.

Last edited:
And for the love of all that is holy stop running Penix when you have a 2 TD lead!! I about got an ulcer watching the Sugar Bowl and the whole “let’s run MP they won’t expect that” gameplan!

Maybe they weren’t expecting it BECAUSE ITS A BAD IDEA!!!

Last edited:
And for the love of all that is holy stop running Penix when you have a 2 TD lead!! I about got an ulcer watching the Sugar Bowl and the whole “let’s run MP they won’t expect that” gameplan!
I was shocked at that, too. But it went for a big gain.

Reactions: Bucket Getter
I really like KD but if I have the guy who is simultaneously 1) the most talented 2) the most injury prone QB in the nation I’m NOT running him pelmel through the Texas defense. I mean WHAT COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG WITH THAT PLAN??!

OH wait..,it turns out TX has a 350 DL who has won all the national awards for general badassery so let’s run MP RIGHT AT THAT GUY!! WHAT COULD GO WRONG HERE??!

It’s the same feeling I used to get when I watched AFV with the kids and someone starts slowly moving a grand piano out of a third floor window…

Reactions: Bucket Getter
I really like KD but if I have the guy who is simultaneously 1) the most talented 2) the most injury prone QB in the nation I’m NOT running him pelmel through the Texas defense. I mean WHAT COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG WITH THAT PLAN??!

OH wait..,it turns out TX has a 350 DL who has won all the national awards for general badassery so let’s run MP RIGHT AT THAT GUY!! WHAT COULD GO WRONG HERE??!

It’s the same feeling I used to get when I watched AFV with the kids and someone starts slowly moving a grand piano out of a third floor window…
They were trying to get a spy on Penix to open up the field. It worked. They have ran him like that some but he’s supposed to slide every time. I get it.

God’s plan to bring the two together, go to the championship game and then relegate Allen to the Big Ten basement resulting in his firing.

Sounds like one of the books of Job, right before he was covered in painful boils.
Aaaand presumably before Job cashes the first of 2 $7,500,000 checks.

Reactions: DANC
Oh wait you mean guys can’t have an off game.
I posted my opinion of the situation as I thought those mistakes were going to come back and bite them. And they almost did.

So two days later you come back and respond with a snippy reply. Wow you must be really bored.

Really interesting chess match.
Good game. For the most part, Michigan stuck to the script. Once Washington made a few adjustments I thought Michigan was slow in calling some run plays for McCarthy. But overall, Moore called a better game than Sark.

Michigan was the better team

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT