ADVERTISEMENT

Watching Paul Finebaum's show..

I was shocked by that, too.

Zander said when he was a freshman and didn't hand the ball off to De'angelo Roberts - a Bloomington boy - but kept it himself and scored, that Wilson just gutted him in front of the team the next morning.

But after he did the same thing against Purdue his Junior year, Wilson couldn't show him enough love.

If you haven't heard the interview, you should check it out. It's almost 2 hours long, but some great behind-the-scenes stories. All from Zander's persepctive, of course.
I’ll have to listen to it

Reactions: DANC and vesuvius13
In no real world would they replace the head coach of an 8-5 team with his OC at a university that hadn’t had 8 wins since early 90s.
People recognized he was a big part of the reason but IU nor any university for that matter would do that unless there was other stuff going on. In hindsight it would have been nice and it’s easy to see that he masked a lot of Allen’s flaws, but he wasn’t going to replace Allen while he was winning.
Yep. Rose colored glasses. Nobody was saying keep DeBoer and fire Allen. They wanted IU to pay to keep DeBoer. The talk of we should’ve fired Allen and kept DeBoer came 2 years later.

I’ll have to listen to it
I'd be interested to hear your thought when you listen to it. It's a long listen, and I fully intended to break it down into half hour listenings, but once I started, I just kept listening through the whole thing. The hosts pretty much just shut up and let him talk. I think they knew they were getting some good stuff.

I got to thinking - I'd love to hear a podcast of this type with Peyton Ramsey. Now that would be interesting to hear his perspective.

Last edited:
KD's success has always been attached to one player, the QB
Penix, he is gone. KD's stay at Bama will be a short one.
He'll find a QB... The talent he has on hand combined with whoever is in the Portal with the coaching changes and the spring opening almost makes that a certainty...

His major issue will be on Defense... It'll be interesting to see who he brings in as D.C.

Bama's schedule this fall is absurdly difficult...It'll be very, very interesting to see how Deboer navigates it.

Saban has spoiled the state with a string of 12-1, 13-1 type of seasons. It's much like Ohio State and its nutty fan base. They went 11-2 and it's an absolutely terrible season according to many fans. Nuts...

He'll find a QB... The talent he has on hand combined with whoever is in the Portal with the coaching changes and the spring opening almost makes that a certainty...

His major issue will be on Defense... It'll be interesting to see who he brings in as D.C.
Should be a good one. He has Saban to help him with the pick.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT