ADVERTISEMENT

Watching Paul Finebaum's show..

I really wish KD had stayed at UDub. This move would be hard to turn down for an ultra-competitive (and confident) guy, but boy it’s got some potential problems looming. Is Saban gonna be an overseer of some sort?

• Sad
Reactions: DANC and vesuvius13
Every move he makes is going to be compared to Saban
One saving grace for Deboer in his new position is the 12 team playoff they're going to next year. That means he won't have to be undefeated to get in. But once he's in, he better win it.

Reactions: Bucket Getter
One saving grace for Deboer in his new position is the 12 team playoff they're going to next year. That means he won't have to be undefeated to get in. But once he's in, he better win it.
Negative like usual, Saban didn't win it this year.

I imagine the buyout for the first four years, at least, that they'd guarantee him is going to be absolutely massive. Plus more for later years, just not as massive.
Since he knows he will have to rebuild, and with a late start. And Kalen DeBoer doesn't seem stupid.

Reactions: vesuvius13 and DANC
I assume UW might go with Grubb
I'm betting Leopold...

Grubb could make Head Coach money at Bama without the headaches and still be able to remain in line for a Head position pretty much whenever he wants one..., barring a complete melt down at Bama...

It would be in our best interest if they go with Grubb however because he's likely to keep Inge at DC; which means we have a serious shot at lighting them up next Fall (if we have a functioning Offensive Line by the time we meet them)...

I'm betting Leopold...

Grubb could make Head Coach money at Bama without the headaches and still be able to remain in line for a Head position pretty much whenever he wants one..., barring a complete melt down at Bama...

It would be in our best interest if they go with Grubb however because he's likely to keep Inge at DC; which means we have a serious shot at lighting them up next Fall (if we have a functioning Offensive Line by the time we meet them)...
I'm still going with Sheridan.

Folks on here are ridiculous. They act like Coach Cignetti is going to win the BIG ( which I hope he does). He has beaten 1 power 5 team. However Kalen Feboer who has won 3 National Championships. He has double digit wins in each of his3 seasons as a head coach. Took a team to the Championship game his second year. So if he bombs then IU can go after him to replace Coach C if he doesn’t work out.

Folks on here are ridiculous. They act like Coach Cignetti is going to win the BIG ( which I hope he does). He has beaten 1 power 5 team. However Kalen Feboer who has won 3 National Championships. He has double digit wins in each of his3 seasons as a head coach. Took a team to the Championship game his second year. So if he bombs then IU can go after him to replace Coach C if he doesn’t work out.
How many power 5 teams has he played?

He only one season as head coach.

JMU was a FCS school and then went D1 for 2 years, so a school that isn't even technically bowl eligible beating a P5 school is pretty impressive however you slice it. His 1-2 record includes his first ever game he coached at JMU, where his team lost by 7 to West Virginia at WV.

He was playing with players not on the p5 level and still being competitive, and winning a game last year.

Hard to make an argument that he should have had more p5 wins then he had.

Many, many folks on this board desperately wanted Kalen to become the Indiana head coach after his one season as OC in Bloomington. Of course it wasn't meant to be, but those fans look exceptionally smart as of this morning...
I’d buy that argument. We have fans dumb enough to want to replace a coach after an 8 win season.

Many, many folks on this board desperately wanted Kalen to become the Indiana head coach after his one season as OC in Bloomington. Of course it wasn't meant to be, but those fans look exceptionally smart as of this morning...

In no real world would they replace the head coach of an 8-5 team with his OC at a university that hadn’t had 8 wins since early 90s.
People recognized he was a big part of the reason but IU nor any university for that matter would do that unless there was other stuff going on. In hindsight it would have been nice and it’s easy to see that he masked a lot of Allen’s flaws, but he wasn’t going to replace Allen while he was winning.

In no real world would they replace the head coach of an 8-5 team with his OC at a university that hadn’t had 8 wins since early 90s.
People recognized he was a big part of the reason but IU nor any university for that matter would do that unless there was other stuff going on. In hindsight it would have been nice and it’s easy to see that he masked a lot of Allen’s flaws, but he wasn’t going to replace Allen while he was winning.
Isn't that kinda how Allen got the job?

Damn. Can’t see that dude being emotional.
I was shocked by that, too.

Zander said when he was a freshman and didn't hand the ball off to De'angelo Roberts - a Bloomington boy - but kept it himself and scored, that Wilson just gutted him in front of the team the next morning.

But after he did the same thing against Purdue his Junior year, Wilson couldn't show him enough love.

If you haven't heard the interview, you should check it out. It's almost 2 hours long, but some great behind-the-scenes stories. All from Zander's persepctive, of course.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT