ADVERTISEMENT

B1G Record Predictions

Pryght

Junior
Nov 24, 2005
With the non-conference portion of our schedule over and having a taste of the B1G, what is your W/L Prediction (assuming all games are played)?

Nebraska: 68-55 (W)
@Wisconsin: 64-49 (#24) (L)

@PSU
OSU (#13)
Minnesota
@Iowa
@Nebraska
Purdue (#3)
Michigan
PSU
@Maryland
Illinois
@Northwestern
@MSU (#10)
Wisconsin (#24)
@OSU (#13)
Maryland
@Minnesota
Rutgers
@Purdue (#3)

Also, at this point of the season, has this IU team performed above, at, or below your preseason expectations?

This team has met my preseason expectations. I expected them to lose the Wisconsin and Syracuse games, but not in the manner they did so. IU has the pieces, we just need to put two halves together in order to win these upcoming Quad 1 games. Much like the Indianapolis Colts, if I was a member of an opposing fanbase, I would not want to play this team. If we can run some sets for our shooters, convince Xavier to only take open 3s when he is set (not dribbling into his shot) and drive/dish out to shooters, and limit our turnovers we will be dancing in March.

I predict 11-9.

With the non-conference portion of our schedule over and having a taste of the B1G, what is your W/L Prediction (assuming all games are played)?

@PSU
OSU (#13)
Minnesota
@Iowa
@Nebraska
Purdue (#3)
Michigan
PSU
@Maryland
Illinois
@Northwestern
@MSU (#10)
Wisconsin (#24)
@OSU (#13)
Maryland
@Minnesota
Rutgers
@Purdue (#3)

Also, at this point of the season, has this IU team performed above, at, or below your preseason expectations?

This team has met my preseason expectations. I expected them to lose the Wisconsin and Syracuse games, but not in the manner they did so. IU has the pieces, we just need to put two halves together in order to win these upcoming Quad 1 games. Much like the Indianapolis Colts, if I was a member of an opposing fanbase, I would not want to play this team. If we can run some sets for our shooters, convince Xavier to only take open 3s when he is set (not dribbling into his shot) and drive/dish out to shooters, and limit our turnovers we will be dancing in March.

I predict 11-9.
10-10

I’m thinking 13-7. With both unexpected wins and head scratching losses.
Defensive improvement exceeds expectations.
Recruiting the roster back from the portal and portal finds exceeded expectations.
Coaching staff and Motta hires exceeded expectation.
Recruiting upticks exceed realistic expectations and show Assembly Hall is a preferred destination, yet again.
IU needs to improve performance on ‘must score’ Possessions
FT% is just short of a dumpster fire. Still too many TOs.

I’m thinking 13-7. With both unexpected wins and head scratching losses.
Defensive improvement exceeds expectations.
Recruiting the roster back from the portal and portal finds exceeded expectations.
Coaching staff and Motta hires exceeded expectation.
Recruiting upticks exceed realistic expectations and show Assembly Hall is a preferred destination, yet again.
IU needs to improve performance on ‘must score’ Possessions
FT% is just short of a dumpster fire. Still too many TOs.
I just do not see enough road wins to get to 13 wins. The way we wilted away in Madison makes me think roads wins will not be many.

I just do not see enough road wins to get to 13 wins. The way we wilted away in Madison makes me think roads wins will not be many.
Defense travels well. The way we played in the first half at Kohl center tells me IU should get road win opportunities, as you point out IU can’t afford to let anyone back up.

Reactions: Hoosier Clarion

@PSU
OSU (#13)
Minnesota
@Iowa
@Nebraska
Purdue (#3)
Michigan
PSU
@Maryland
Illinois
@Northwestern
@MSU (#10)
Wisconsin (#24)
@OSU (#13)
Maryland
@Minnesota
Rutgers
@Purdue (#3)

I predict 11-9.
If we can win @ PSU, I can see us starting 6-2 for 13-7… But we shall see. Too many coughs and sneezes for 2 days to allow a full B1G season.

Reactions: Pryght
Defense travels well. The way we played in the first half at Kohl center tells me IU should get road win opportunities, as you point out IU can’t afford to let anyone back up.
We can only hope it would be nice to be in the tourney safely and get a good seed.

Reactions: TomEric4756
If we can win @ PSU, I can see us starting 6-2 for 13-7… But we shall see. Too many coughs and sneezes for 2 days to allow a full B1G season.
6-2 would include wins vs Ohio State and and at Iowa? I would take 5-3 honestly with three home games coming up after that. We likely lost to Purdue but win the next two putting us at 7-4.

Opposite side of that is have you ever seen us beat the brakes off someone “go vols” for a half like that on the road?

Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
Opposite side of that is have you ever seen us beat the brakes off someone “go vols” for a half like that on the road?
And because everyone needs to get that reference and watch this video. You’re welcome.

IU forgot to pack their defense going to happy valley. Is the defense still on Christmas break or the patsy schedule done and now to reality sets in?

IU forgot to pack their defense going to happy valley. Is the defense still on Christmas break or the patsy schedule done and now to reality sets in?
Looks like D improved to go from -10 to -2 at 4:31.

But I agree going to -10 didn’t make fans happy.

I thought 13-7 before …

@PSU (L)
OSU (#13) (W)
Minnesota (W)
@Iowa (L)
@Nebraska (W)
Purdue (#3) (W)

5-3 now — 12 to go
6-6 or .500 is 11-9, disappointing
8-4 or .667 is 13-7, quite possible
9-3 or .750 is 14-6, likely requires an upset … or two (with a bad loss) … and continued team improvement

Lets keep winning the games we should win … and all the home games … all will be well

Michigan (L, opps)
PSU (W)
@Maryland (W)

7-4 now 1 game back … on track for 13-7 / 12 - 8

Illinois (L)
@Northwestern
@MSU (#10)
Wisconsin (#24)
@OSU (#13)
Maryland
@Minnesota
Rutgers
@Purdue (#3)

Last edited:

I thought 13-7 before …

@PSU (L)
OSU (#13) (W)
Minnesota (W)
@Iowa (L)
@Nebraska (W)
Purdue (#3) (W)

5-3 now — 12 to go
9-3 or .750 is 14-6, likely requires an upset … or two (with a bad loss) … and continued team improvement

Lets keep winning the games we should win … and all the home games … all will be well

Michigan (L, opps)
PSU (W)
@Maryland (W)

Illinois (L)
@Northwestern (L, ouch)
@MSU (#10) (L)

A shocking 7-7? now. Lost some games that should have been won.
Atrocious FT shooting In losses.
Cold 3pt Shooting.
A few dumb fouls.

It looks like those thinking 11-9, 10-10, or even 9-11 (then) are in the catbird seat.
Crows seem to be avoiding my part of town.
I still think IU is playing with house money, considering what could have happened

Wisconsin (#24)
@OSU (#13)
Maryland
@Minnesota
Rutgers
@Purdue (#3)

Reactions: bailey777
I thought 13-7 before …

@PSU (L)
OSU (#13) (W)
Minnesota (W)
@Iowa (L)
@Nebraska (W)
Purdue (#3) (W)

5-3 now — 12 to go

Michigan (L, opps)
PSU (W)
@Maryland (W)

Illinois (L)
@Northwestern
@MSU (#10)
Wisconsin (#24)
@OSU (#13)
Maryland
@Minnesota
Rutgers
@Purdue (#3)
I dont think we were ever going to be 13-7 but I thought 11-9 was possible. Now i think 10-10 my be best case.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT