ADVERTISEMENT

B10 FB News day!

IndyIUFan66

All-Big Ten
Jun 23, 2013
Besides IU’s hire of a new DC, UM has hired Baltimore Ravens LB coach as their new DC, and OSU RB Sermon declares for NFL draft.

I do think Harbaugh trying to makeover his staff with some sexier coaches now. Hart is an alum & a good recruiter who played in the league. New DC is 35 & coming from NFL which has some appeal to those looking to go to the league. That said, the program has been flat so no guarantees of anything but UM probably will always have some strong brand value unless he really shits the bed ahead.

As usual, OSU always sends guys to the NFL and now they’ve lost QB (I presume Fields is leaving) and a RB. Yes they tend to reload, but losing proven talent for new players, no guarantees.

I like what IU is returning a lot! I like the three transfers coming in a lot! We have a few incoming FR who may contribute next year. And I love we are bringing in a new DC whose three previous stops were TN, FL & GA, and who is known as a strong recruiter. If IU does what think we can next year, he and whole staff will have more name brand, results and juice to go after the big boys. Charlton I’m sure has a real comfort level recruiting 4 & 5 star players from the south. IU has already gotten many from FL/GA/TN and think it’s about to take a jump up higher ahead.

But nobody stands still, many teams are making strides, and good news is Tom Allen does not strike me as someone resting on his laurels. He’s always moving forward!

Besides IU’s hire of a new DC, UM has hired Baltimore Ravens LB coach as their new DC, and OSU RB Sermon declares for NFL draft.

I do think Harbaugh trying to makeover his staff with some sexier coaches now. Hart is an alum & a good recruiter who played in the league. New DC is 35 & coming from NFL which has some appeal to those looking to go to the league. That said, the program has been flat so no guarantees of anything but UM probably will always have some strong brand value unless he really shits the bed ahead.

As usual, OSU always sends guys to the NFL and now they’ve lost QB (I presume Fields is leaving) and a RB. Yes they tend to reload, but losing proven talent for new players, no guarantees.

I like what IU is returning a lot! I like the three transfers coming in a lot! We have a few incoming FR who may contribute next year. And I love we are bringing in a new DC whose three previous stops were TN, FL & GA, and who is known as a strong recruiter. If IU does what think we can next year, he and whole staff will have more name brand, results and juice to go after the big boys. Charlton I’m sure has a real comfort level recruiting 4 & 5 star players from the south. IU has already gotten many from FL/GA/TN and think it’s about to take a jump up higher ahead.

But nobody stands still, many teams are making strides, and good news is Tom Allen does not strike me as someone resting on his laurels. He’s always moving forward!
To add to this, Purdue just hired Ron English as DB coach. Held same role at Florida last year.

Reactions: vesuvius13
Seems like a good hire for PU. Do they have a DCcyet?
Nothing yet. The rumor is they have a guy and just working on the contract, but there is limited knowledge. Assuming they hire someone competent, they should have an upgrade at DL, Corner, and LB/DC.

Good hire? The clown has been fired twice in 7 years! Can't wait to see who they scrounge up as a D C... 😂
Was fired as a head coach from eastern Michigan then went to Cleveland Browns before going to Mississippi state with Mullen. Followed him to Florida and was there for 3 years. Better than 7 schools since 2013.

Was fired as a head coach from eastern Michigan then went to Cleveland Browns before going to Mississippi state with Mullen. Followed him to Florida and was there for 3 years. Better than 7 schools since 2013.
76-1 is a dumbass because he gets so whiny about purdue that he forgets the whole "glass houses" proverb when we just picked up a DC whose work history could be spun negatively as well

76-1 is a dumbass because he gets so whiny about purdue that he forgets the whole "glass houses" proverb when we just picked up a DC whose work history could be spun negatively as well

GFY

-Back on Ignore you go-
No reason to wait any longer for you to actually add anything of substance to the football discussion...

• Haha
Reactions: B_Town_Buford
GFY

-Back on Ignore you go-
No reason to wait any longer for you to actually add anything of substance to the football discussion...
We both know you never took me off ignore after I called you out for your attraction to blatant misinfo at the beginning of the pandemic. It's only human to click unhide every now and then. I'm guessing you didn't click unhide when I noted how shameful and childish your remarks were towards Hagan.

Reactions: B_Town_Buford
Good hire? The clown has been fired twice in 7 years! Can't wait to see who they scrounge up as a D C... 😂
I don’t follow him, thought post just said “nee hire was past FL DB coach?” Was he fired from there.

I don’t follow him, thought post just said “nee hire was past FL DB coach?” Was he fired from there.

Yep. Cut loose along with their CB's coach...
Here's an article:

Tried to warn the p u faithful about their overpaid, extremely overrated HC and they wouldn't listen...😉 Same thing with their most recent DC (did he even make it a full calendar year there?!?)... 🤣

English might well turn out to be a great fit in one case though... He's known to be as much of a major league A..hole ((that's how he blew his HC gig)) when interacting with his players as Brohmardi is...

Kindred spirits..., birds of a feather... They deserve each other...

Last edited:
Yep. Cut loose along with their CB's coach...
Here's an article:

Tried to warn the p u faithful about their overpaid, extremely overrated HC and they wouldn't listen...😉 Same thing with their most recent DC (did he even make it a full calendar year there?!?)... 🤣

English might well turn out to be a great fit in one case though... He's known to be as much of a major league A..hole ((that's how he blew his HC gig)) when interacting with his players as Brohmardi is...

Kindred spirits..., birds of a feather... They deserve each other...
Not knocking either hire, but how is he a worse hire as a CB coach than iu DC based on your reasonings?

Not knocking either hire, but how is he a worse hire as a CB coach than iu DC based on your reasonings?
I don’t know anything much about either until yesterday and I called it a seemingly good hire for PU (on paper anyway) but if true is t PU hiring someone just fired from FL whereas IU is hiring someone away from GA, who believe has had the better team/defense too. But yes IU’s hire is moving up to DC whereas FL guy is lateral move. Time will tell, but from IU perspective sure seems like we are getting an elite recruiter who has been moving up in his career, while PU just hired two coaches let go (but from two good programs of UT & FL).

Yup. I like it. The DC spot will be interesting though. I'm interested to see this guy at iu. Is he coaching LB'ers?

Think he will but believe Tom Allen “may” consider moving staff a bit, I.e. maybe something like move safeties coach to LB and he’d be DC and perhaps stick to his specialty of DBs.

This guy has been an top SEC programs, sure he knows what he’s doing. And thing he appears very good at too is recruiting. Then it’s amazing how good a coaching staff can look when you have thoroughbreds running around making plays!

Think he will but believe Tom Allen “may” consider moving staff a bit, I.e. maybe something like move safeties coach to LB and he’d be DC and perhaps stick to his specialty of DBs.

This guy has been an top SEC programs, sure he knows what he’s doing. And thing he appears very good at too is recruiting. Then it’s amazing how good a coaching staff can look when you have thoroughbreds running around making plays!
Purdue needs a staff that can put their defensive talent in places to be successful. I believe Diaco did that last year until the team turned on him. Then it got real bad real quick. He was a weird dude.

I thought English did a really good job at Michigan, but he had some really good Jimmy's and Joe's. We'll see, but I think it's probably a good hire.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT