ADVERTISEMENT

AXIOS Interview

Swann argued with Trump about the relevance of Covid deaths per capita. Trump clumsily tried to point out that the deaths per case is a more relevant statistic. That part wasn't an interview. That was Hannity and Carlson territory. When an interviewer argues with the subject, that's my cue that the interviewer has an agenda apart from gaining information. I suppose any professional journalist would agree with another journalist who argues with Trump.

Disagree. That’s an interviewer challenging a POTUS who lies constantly. The press has been way too easy on Trump. When he lies, the interviewer needs to say that’s a lie.

We agree about that "Positivity" starting point for the interview was stupid and irrelevant to anything we need to know. I have no idea why Swan would open with that.
I think either he was trying to open with a softball or looking for a gotcha moment.

Swann argued with Trump about the relevance of Covid deaths per capita. Trump clumsily tried to point out that the deaths per case is a more relevant statistic. That part wasn't an interview. That was Hannity and Carlson territory. When an interviewer argues with the subject, that's my cue that the interviewer has an agenda apart from gaining information. I suppose any professional journalist would agree with another journalist who argues with Trump.
Trump’s Point is ridiculous. We know we are testing more than other countries . I’m pretty sure he never even understood Swann’s point.

My favorite part, and what sums up Trump’s narcissism in a nutshell: when asked about John Lewis’ legacy and if he found him impressive, twice his answer was he didn’t come to my inauguration. The man is a pathetic POS.

Trump’s Point is ridiculous. We know we are testing more than other countries . I’m pretty sure he never even understood Swann’s point.

I don't think either measure of the death rate is very meaningful. I know the Democrats and media like to focus on gross number of deaths, but that isn't terribly informative and is used only for political purposes. I'd rather know things like age distribution and nursing homes and other high density places compared with general population.

I don't think either measure of the death rate is very meaningful. I know the Democrats and media like to focus on gross number of deaths, but that isn't terribly informative and is used only for political purposes. I'd rather know things like age distribution and nursing homes and other high density places compared with general population.
So many people are dying. Come on man

Reactions: Bill4411
Competent journalist ms are vital. The way Swan described positive thinking ruined everything. I don’t know if he really doesn’t know what it is, or he concocted it in order to build his Trump narrative.
This is so typical of you. You cherry-pick some minor thing to focus solely on in order to avoid the larger more important aspect of the issue when it doesn't serve your position.

Just for perspective, here's One of Obama's interviews on FOX. Note how overbearing O'Reilly is, and how a real President handles himself.

Agreed. OReilly did a terrible job with Obama on all the ones I saw.

Good interview is an art. I think Mark Levin does a decent job, but he never does a hostile interview. Tim Russert was great.

Those are of really secondary importance. Instead, let's focus on the awesome new experts in applying positive thinking advising the administration on Covid policy. Here they are demonstrating techniques for maneuvering that UV light you swallowed into the correct position for maximum effectiveness.

fbe27050352644985f93be5f71b043ae.jpg
Hey now

Reactions: hoosboot

Good interview is an art. I think Mark Levin does a decent job, but he never does a hostile interview. Tim Russert was great.

Mark Levin??! This Mark Levin!!?

Surely you jest.

Good lord. Do you really want the media to look to Mark Levin as an influence??

Double yikes.

Levin is a nut job's nut job.

Apologies if I got the wrong one.

https://mobile.twitter.com/marklevinshow?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

Reactions: Gladeskat
Watched it all.
Mind-boggling dumbness on display.

Deaths as a percentage of identified cases is a stupid way, even to a 5th grader, to measure the national response. If anything it is a measure of how US doctors and nurses learned how to treat it (thank you, steroids!).

Per capita deaths reflect how countries responded.

Here is an analogy to the argument by the POTUS.

Let's say that last year, Kentucky had 1,000 car accidents and 50 deaths per million people.

Let's say that last year, Indiana had 50,000 car accidents and 1,000 deaths per million people.

Who has safer roads?

Normal humans say Kentucky, since per capita 50x more Hoosiers were in accidents and per capita 20x more Hoosiers died.

Trump would say Indiana, since a greater percentage, 2%, of all of those victims in Indiana lived, vs 5% in Kentucky.

Dumb. Just amazingly,
Forrest Gumpishly,
VanPastorManly,
Trumpishly
DUMB.

Last edited:
My favorite part, and what sums up Trump’s narcissism in a nutshell: when asked about John Lewis’ legacy and if he found him impressive, twice his answer was he didn’t come to my inauguration. The man is a pathetic POS.

What's your problem with S?

Interesting maybe, but not surprising. Yet another diversion away from having to face the fact that Trump is an imbecile and that he has COH's support.

I’m surprised he pulled his head out of Trump’s ass long enough to watch any of the interview. That’s the only surprising thing here, not his take on the interview. We all knew what that was going to be.

Watched it all.

Deaths as a percentage of identified cases is a stupid way, even to a 5th grader, to measure the national response. If anything it is a measure of how US doctors and nurses learned how to treat it (thank you, stetoids!).

Let's say that last year, Kentucky had 1,000 car accidents and 50 deaths per million people.

Let's say that last year, Indiana had 50,000 car accidents and 1,000 deaths per million people.

Who has safer roads?

Normal humans say Kentucky, since per capita 50x more Hoosiers were in accidents and per capita 20x more Hoosiers died.

Trump would say Indiana, since a greater percentage, 2%, of all of those victims in Indiana lived, vs 5% in Kentucky.

Dumb. Just amazingly,
Forrest Gumpishly,
VanPastorManly,
Trumpishly
DUMB.

More red meat for C(ultist)OH and your good self:

Tim Russert was great.

I’ll add in that Trump also said “I wish you/her well” to the human sex trafficker and rapists again. I’m sure CoH will have a defense for that, along with the fact that he’s ok with a druggy POTUS.

POS
I don’t know which poster first coined it, but this best describes it.
This should stick.
I’m in if you’re in

Reactions: zeke4ahs
Swan opened with a softball about "positive thinking". Trump could have taken that and talked about Reagan and a bright future and all that smarm. Instead, he starting blaming people for random shit.

Swan closed with another softball about Lewis. Trump could have shown just a modicum of decency, of respect, of a sense of history. Instead he whined that Lewis had skipped his inauguration.

The carnage in between was bad enough, but had he hit those two into fair territory he probably wouldn't have come out looking so despicable. But predictably, he willfully whiffed on them both.

That was actually one of Swann’s best moments. He was not arguing the subject but rather trying to get Trumps take on death rate per capita which is a very important (perhaps the most important) metric and one that unquestionably should have been asked and answered. Swann would have been derelict of duty if, with 150k deaths, he had just nodded when Trump gave his nonsensical take.

Reactions: cosmickid
Swan opened with a softball about "positive thinking". Trump could have taken that and talked about Reagan and a bright future and all that smarm. Instead, he starting blaming people for random shit.

Swan closed with another softball about Lewis. Trump could have shown just a modicum of decency, of respect, of a sense of history. Instead he whined that Lewis had skipped his inauguration.

The carnage in between was bad enough, but had he hit those two into fair territory he probably wouldn't have come out looking so despicable. But predictably, he willfully whiffed on them both.
Bump

We agree about that "Positivity" starting point for the interview was stupid and irrelevant to anything we need to know. I have no idea why Swan would open with that.
I’ve been thinking about this.
He knew Trump would bite and he did.
Trump is so ordinary and he knew it.

Can you imagine having a conversation with Trump? Unless you are his cultist, within 1 minute you would be saying 'What?'. Within the second minute, it would be 'WTF!'

By the third minute, you would be asking him a question. 'But....'

Four minutes later, you repeat the same cycle of 'What', 'WTF' and 'But...' followed by more questions.

Then repeat the same cycle.

Positive Thinking:

Alpha - Covid45 is just a punk

Omega - Why are you always so negative? Can't you ever be positive?

Alpha - Ok, I'm positive Covid45 is just a punk

Last edited:
Reactions: Gladeskat
Reactions: sglowrider
i swear,Trump talking for the millionth time about "more testing only gives you more cases" reminds me of this

these-go-to-eleven-its-one-louder.jpg

Watched it all.

Deaths as a percentage of identified cases is a stupid way, even to a 5th grader, to measure the national response. If anything it is a measure of how US doctors and nurses learned how to treat it (thank you, steroids!).

Who has safer roads?

Dumb. Just amazingly,
Forrest Gumpishly,
VanPastorManly,
Trumpishly
DUMB.
Let me play devils advocate to that and note that it is just playing. I’m trying to gather my thoughts on a busy work day.

• Deaths per capita is certainly significant when comparing performance across countries*
  • I posit though that I agree with Trump that deaths per cases is also very important
Deaths per cases decreasing over time shows an improvement on treatment algorithms and also very likely (almost assuredly) massive increases in tests. If other countries aren’t testing as much, eg Japan, then we don’t know their fatality rates.

*Here’s where the devils advocate comes in: if other countries aren’t testing at same rates we are, how do we know they are accurately recording all COVID deaths? It’s key to understand who is actually dying from COVID in the deaths per capita equation, no?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT