ADVERTISEMENT

Auburn - Atl?

I can't take pics without getting punched out by the dads.

But damn..... there is some fine female flesh around here. I'll try to sneak a pic. (one girl today had the most perfect ass I think I've ever seen. She was probably all of 17. :oops: )
You guys are horrible at this stuff. She was 18, yes, 18. Think her birthday was Monday. When you are leering, they are never under 18.

Last edited:
Basketball? Basketball in football season? I expect IU to have a significant advantage in terms of crowd. If we're lucky, maybe that will be the weekend of the SEC Championship and Auburn will be in it.
I've lived in the Southeast for almost 20 years now. They just don't care about basketball down here. Football and baseball are king. The high school football and baseball games are standing room only. Only parents go to basketball games. Girls volleyball is even more popular than basketball. There's not a single basketball court in the parks - and very, very few driveway goals.

I've lived in the Southeast for almost 20 years now. They just don't care about basketball down here. Football and baseball are king. The high school football and baseball games are standing room only. Only parents go to basketball games. Girls volleyball is even more popular than basketball. There's not a single basketball court in the parks - and very, very few driveway goals.
Not a single basketball court? Yeah sure.

That’s just not true, at all. Anxiously awaiting Post #15….

Reactions: Victorbmyboy
That post is ridiculous. I guess NC isn’t in the south east or the pick up games I played in Florida are fantasy.
You're correct. What I really should have said was the Deep South. Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana. Maybe South Carolina. Culturally, Florida doesn't qualify - too many northerners populate the state. Most of the students at the University of Georgia have never been to a basketball game over the course of 4 years. Tickets are free, they serve free pizza and Tom Crean would politic on the street corners begging students to go to the games. There's just very little interest in the game.

Very few basketball goals in the driveways. See very few kids with a basketball in hand. But maybe that's true even in the midwestern states today. Haven't live there in a long time. Back in the day - there were a lot of one on one games going on in driveway courts.

As far as not a single court? Okay - you called me out - I haven't surveyed every park within 100 miles of where I live. But when I moved here in my early 30s and still actively playing pick-up games I was shocked that there was no place to play. I still don't know of any. Tennis is the game. Tennis courts are everywhere and lighted and people play well into darkness.

I hate tennis.

Last edited:
I Quit

I had no idea how bad things were. I also had no idea how easy an SEC scholarship would have been in 1986. I failed horribly in that regard. I might have been the all time leader in turnovers and 3PTAs in the conference otherwise.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC
Not sure why you're choosing the ATL and Auburn hill to die on, but whatever. I'm confident no one is thinking IU-Auburn is going to sell enough seats for a domed stadium (and I think you said that only so you can feign mock indignation at admitting that). They chose one of the better up and coming programs in a top conference in a major urban area that produces tons of talent and where we have a beachhead with recruiting and a history with our coaching staff. There is also a sizable alumni base. Again, not sure why any of that sensibility would ruffle your feathers, but I seriously doubt this is going to be at Mercedes Benz Stadium, or any super huge stadium/arena.

if you think this highlights IU, think again.

the very next saturday State Farm Arena is hosting a doubleheader, Ohio State vs UCLA and UNC vs Kentucky.

were a double header like that involving IU in Indy, no doubt they would have no problem putting at least 50,000 in LOS, and maybe 70,000 plus.

they'd have no problem getting 50,000 just for IU-UK.

that said, exactly what is the driving force behind either IU-Auburn or the UCLA-OSU UNC-UK games in Atl at STA.

why are any of those 6 schools playing each other in Atl, in an arena with a capacity that's less than Assembly Hall.

spare me the "recruits" bullsht.. all big metro areas have recruits, and IU can't recruit their own state worth a sht anymore.

and no great recruits are guaranteed to IU or anyone else by this, and great recruits are on a yr by yr basis anymore anyway, so it would be crazy to offshore a major non conf game half way across the country to no one's home turf, for a 1% greater chance of signing a player who may stay 1 yr, but more likely zero recruiting benefit, and just as likely a recruiting negative over such games being played at home or even home away from home venue like IU at LOS, where you at least have the bling and experience of a dome stadium..

i'm guessing more the "parting out the car" scenario.

whatever the tv haul from these, since they aren't being played on anyone's home court, and everyone's home games are already contractually tied up, i'll guess any tv revenue is over and above what's already been contracted for.

if this is not the case, then exactly wtf is going on, and why the heck would any of these games be played in Atlanta.

if it is the case, then schools have locked themselves into a scenario where they are incentivized to move every big non conf game off campus.

Last edited:
Reactions: Crusty The Baker

the very next saturday State Farm Arena is hosting a doubleheader, Ohio State vs UCLA and UNC vs Kentucky.

were a double header like that involving IU in Indy, no doubt they would have no problem putting at least 50,000 in LOS, and maybe 70,000 plus.

that said, exactly what is the driving force behind either IU-Auburn or the UCLA-OSU UNC-UK games in Atl at STA.

why are any of those 6 schools playing each other in Atl, in an arena with a capacity that's less than Assembly Hall.

spare me the "recruits" bullsht.. all big metro areas have recruits, and IU can't recruit their own state worth a sht anymore.

and no great recruits are guaranteed to IU or anyone else by this, and great recruits are on a yr by yr basis anymore anyway, so it would be crazy to offshore a major non conf game half way across the country to no one's home turf, for a 1% greater chance of signing a player who may stay 1 yr, but more likely zero recruiting benefit, and just as likely a recruiting negative over such games being played at home or even home away from home venue like IU at LOS, where you at least have the bling and experience of a dome stadium..

whatever the tv haul from these, since they aren't being played on anyone's home court, and everyone's home games are already contractually tied up, i'll guess any tv revenue is over and above what's already been contracted for.

if this is not the case, then exactly wtf is going on, and why the heck would any of these games be played in Atlanta.

if it is the case, then schools have locked themselves into a scenario where they are incentivized to move every big non conf game off campus.
Dumb…then why is UNC/UK playing in ATL the very next weekend? You won’t listen.

• Haha
Reactions: kkott
Dumb…then why is UNC/UK playing in ATL the very next weekend? You won’t listen.

"why" is the operative question which i have been asking since day one, which at least i gave a credible possible reason for, and not just a "because black people live there" BS reason.

that said, why do schools do anything they do anymore?

hint, $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$,

and again, if it is money, which there is a 99.9999% chance it is, then schools have contractually locked themselves into a situation where they are incentivized to offshore every big non conf game they can off either school's campus.

college sports has horrible leadership beyond belief, who can't drive it off the cliff fast enough for the financial benefit of 0.001% of those involved at the financial expense of everyone else, and the death of college sports as we knew them.

que the administration social media army white blood cells attacking truths they don't want told.

Reactions: eddy4iu
That post is ridiculous. I guess NC isn’t in the south east or the pick up games I played in Florida are fantasy.
Again, depends. College bball; specifically Duke and UNC? Yep, people care. In general? Not really. I've been in NC for 30 years and the level of interest even here in anything but Duke and Carolina is pretty minimal. High school ball? The interest is a fraction of what I believe it is in IN still. Certain programs have a decent environment, but it definitely ranks far below football and also baseball at many schools. And that's in NC, the bball center of the universe in the South. SC? No one talks or cares about bball, and I believe much the same in GA, FL, AL, MS, etc... Now, at least in NC, there are hoops to play on and shoot at, at least in the parks. I'd say about 10-20% of private or driveway goals vs IN. I'm not going to say they don't care at all, but they don't care nearly as much. Before I got old and broken down, I did have some really good regular groups of guys that would get together and play, so there are hoopers here, but just fewer and farther between! Pick up at the Ys and certain courts is pretty solid, but I don't think that's necessarily the case in a lot of the South.

I've played some pick up in FL too... on spring break... with a bunch of non-FL guys!

Last edited:
"why" is the operative question which i have been asking since day one, which at least i gave a credible possible reason for, and not just a "because black people live there" BS reason.

hint, $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$,

and again, if it is money, which there is a 99.9999% chance it is, then schools have contractually locked themselves into a situation where they are incentivized to offshore every big non conf game they can off either school's campus.

college sports has horrible leadership beyond belief, who can't drive it off the cliff fast enough for the financial benefit of 0.001% of those involved at the financial expense of everyone else, and the death of college sports as we knew them.

que the administration social media army white blood cells attacking truths they don't want told.
Tickets for the IU/Auburn game are only $60 through IU and lower sideline seats are what they are selling. I’m baffled by that, especially since the Miami of Ohio game last year and Harvard game this year at Gainbridge were/are $125 each for similar seating. I expected a bigger price tag for the Auburn game at SFA.

I linked to the web site: https://holidayhoopsgiving.com/college-pre-sale/. There is no control on the web site that allows me to buy a ticket. Will someone be good enough to tell me how to buy a ticket to IU - Auburn?

Thanks ...
The seats will be available from the link you have on here later this week or you can request them through Indiana athletic site someone has linked in this thread. I'm pretty sure the tickets through the Indiana site does not guarantee your ticket but they will be based on your Varsity Club points.

In case you haven’t noticed, we’re playing in MSG also this year, please feel free to continue your rant on that thread too and hijack that thread also

• Haha
Reactions: kkott and BigMobe
Again, depends. College bball; specifically Duke and UNC? Yep, people care. In general? Not really. I've been in NC for 30 years and the level of interest even here in anything but Duke and Carolina is pretty minimal. High school ball? The interest is a fraction of what I believe it is in IN still. Certain programs have a decent environment, but it definitely ranks far below football and also baseball at many schools. And that's in NC, the bball center of the universe in the South. SC? No one talks or cares about bball, and I believe much the same in GA, FL, AL, MS, etc... Now, at least in NC, there are hoops to play on and shoot at, at least in the parks. I'd say about 10-20% of private or driveway goals vs IN. I'm not going to say they don't care at all, but they don't care nearly as much. Before I got old and broken down, I did have some really good regular groups of guys that would get together and play, so there are hoopers here, but just fewer and farther between! Pick up at the Ys and certain courts is pretty solid, but I don't think that's necessarily the case in a lot of the South.

I've played some pick up in FL too... on spring break... with a bunch of non-FL guys!
I concur. My observation after living in Charlotte for 3 1/2 years tracks with you.

My first visit to a barbershop here, during basketball season, I figured I'd talk some basketball. So I asked about how they thought UNC would do that year. Little response. Then Duke. Even less. There was an NC State fan there, but he didn't know much about their team. I'm not even sure they know Wake Forest has a team.

They'd rather talk about their boats or going to a beach somewhere.

They're not much into college football over. And they don't have much to talk about with the Panthers.

I just find Charlotte to be a pretty piss-poor sports town for such a major city. I blame all the bankers who have moved here.

And the pizza sucks, too.

• Haha
I concur. My observation after living in Charlotte for 3 1/2 years tracks with you.

My first visit to a barbershop here, during basketball season, I figured I'd talk some basketball. So I asked about how they thought UNC would do that year. Little response. Then Duke. Even less. There was an NC State fan there, but he didn't know much about their team. I'm not even sure they know Wake Forest has a team.

They're not much into college football over. And they don't have much to talk about with the Panthers.

I just find Charlotte to be a pretty piss-poor sports town for such a major city. I blame all the bankers who have moved here.

Can't disagree... I do enjoy Knights games and I've heard great things about Charlotte FC games. I missed a chance to go with a buddy who's a Brit and a big soccer fan, so I could golf w my son.

Charlotte sucks

Can't disagree... I do enjoy Knights games and I've heard great things about Charlotte FC games. I missed a chance to go with a buddy who's a Brit and a big soccer fan, so I could golf w my son.
My daughter got me tickets to the FC game against Miami (with Messi) on Oct. 21. Now I'm torn, because my dorm floor always has their reunion on Homecoming, which is Oct 21.

I'm seriously torn.

Knights games are fun - the ballpark reminds me of Victory Field in Indy and I think the Charlotte stadium was modeled after VF.

Charlotte sucks
I guess it's great if you're a NASCAR fan.

And it's a relatively clean city. Has some very nice neighborhoods. I like the areas around South Park and the South End is great for trendy hangouts (for the kids, not this old man).

Just not much character. I need IU to play UNCC in something.

And it's a relatively clean city. Has some very nice neighborhoods. I like the areas around South Park and the South End is great for trendy hangouts (for the kids, not this old man).

There are some really great neighborhoods. It’s just a big ass meh to me.

Reactions: hookyIU1990

I've been fortunate since I've lived here in that regard: seen us at UNCC once, twice at Wake, twice at Duke, once at UNC and once at NC State. Seeing us win in the Dean Dome was awesome and the game at NC State was one of my favorite's in person, but could've used some more W's at Wake and Duke (O'fer)! Looking forward to the Auburn game this year!

PS, and one memorable trip back to Btown to see us play UNCC again. We went out for a pregame and got liquored up and then we headed back to the hotel to get ready to head to the game. Elevator doors open up and there's UNCC's coach, Bobby Lutz. I was a bit suprised and said, "Hey Coach Lutz, we're from Charlotte too!" He said, "cool, what are you doing here?" I said: "we came to watch you lose! Good luck!"

Last edited:

I've lived in Indy and Charlotte; the two racing capitals of the country. Couldn't care less about auto racing....

I've been fortunate since I've lived here in that regard: seen us at UNCC once, twice at Wake, twice at Duke, once at UNC and once at NC State. Seeing us win in the Dean Dome was awesome and the game at NC State was one of my favorite's in person, but could've used some more W's at Wake and Duke (O'fer)! Looking forward to the Auburn game this year!
I came down for the Wake Forest football game several years ago. We actually won!

I ordered tickets for the Auburn game. Unfortunately my wife invited her sister and husband and another friend and husband. We also all went to the Vegas game last year - most boring time of my life. In Vegas. I need to find a way to ditch her sister and friend.

There are some really great neighborhoods. It’s just a big ass meh to me.
Traffic is a huge meh to me. Just try going east to west during rush hour. Impossible.

The downtown (uptown) is walkable and pretty nice. I've been to a few concerts there, and the Knight's game. Parking is insane for the Panthers.

Reactions: Kellerdog and kkott
I've lived in Indy and Charlotte; the two racing capitals of the country. Couldn't care less about auto racing....
I think the 500 is great, but I'm not that interested in auto racing, either.

PS, and one memorable trip back to Btown to see us play UNCC again. We went out for a pregame and got liquored up and then we headed back to the hotel to get ready to head to the game. Elevator doors open up and there's UNCC's coach, Bobby Lutz. I was a bit suprised and said, "Hey Coach Lutz, we're from Charlotte too!" He said, "cool, what are you doing here?" I said: "we came to watch you lose! Good luck!"
I can help you with State tickets.

I can help you with State tickets.
Don't think State tix are as hard to come by as UNC; at least bball. I'd have to look at their schedule and see if there are any games I'd want to go see.

I did check out Auburns schedule and they have a couple other pre-con games I'm interested in. They're going to Boone this year to play App St surprisingly, and I'll probably go to that. Then I'll let you know first-hand how well the Tigers travel! If we played there, there would still be a lot of cream and crimson, I know that!

They're also playing UNCA and I'm following them a bit now because my gf's daughter is playing vball for them. Went up a couple weekends ago to help get her moved in and a bear came walking through the yard of the Airbnb we were staying in. Always like visiting Aville!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Don't think State tix are as hard to come by as UNC; at least bball. I'd have to look at their schedule and see if there are any games I'd want to go see.

I did check out Auburns schedule and they have a couple other pre-con games I'm interested in. They're going to Boone this year to play App St surprisingly, and I'll probably go to that. Then I'll let you know first-hand how well the Tigers travel! If we played there, there would still be a lot of cream and crimson, I know that!

They're also playing UNCA and I'm following them a bit now because my gf's daughter is playing vball for them. Went up a couple weekends ago to help get her moved in and a bear came walking through the yard of the Airbnb we were staying in. Always like visiting Aville!
Hey, I'd like to go to the game at App State, if you don't mind me tagging along. Hopefully I'll be around then.

Hey, I'd like to go to the game at App State, if you don't mind me tagging along. Hopefully I'll be around then.
Sunday Dec 3rd! Hoping a noon or 1pm game, but haven't seen a time yet.

Think I'll be around then. Sounds like a great road trip.
Get up there for a football game if you can too! I know they host ECU, and that's already an impossible ticket to get. Think Coastal is there and that would be a good one too! I'll be up there for the ECU game weekend... Parent's weekend also and they can't even get tix!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT