ADVERTISEMENT

Attendance

grammy2

Freshman
Feb 6, 2002
Will IU get to the point this season where it draws 50,000 at Memorial Stadium and the fans stay for 4 quarters?
Charlotte will have fans leaving at halftime.
Maryland will be very interesting to see if the bandwagon is filling up.
If the Hoosiers are 6-0 going into the Nebraska game, I expect 50,000 plus the rest of the way.

Will IU get to the point this season where it draws 50,000 at Memorial Stadium and the fans stay for 4 quarters?
If the Hoosiers are 6-0 going into the Nebraska game, I expect 50,000 plus the rest of the way.
Hoosiers will be 4-0 after tomorrow but the jury will still be out as to any of these victories being quality wins. We have all seen this movie before. I think it is premature to speak about anyone post-Maryland.

We sure traveled well for a key game in LA.
If anything is gonna hurt tomorrow it’s that it’s gonna be hot as balls and not a sexy matchup. I fully expect the students to come out in force early. Maybe some of the adults will stay for a change.

But next week is where I expect it to get rocking. Winnable conference game and supposed to be great temps. Fingers crossed.

Looking at the ticket map it’s not great vs Charlotte. Will be hot so the walk up crowd probably won’t be much. Probably similar to FIU but tough to know.

Maryland game ticket sales are looking better, but a week to go. Weather should be good for that one, hopefully that’s our first good crowd, we need to win that game.

Last edited:
In the history of IU football when winning they have never had 50,000 plus the rest of the way. Check the IU Foootball media guide. Fans today will leave at halftime as will the students because "its too hot" ... I wish it were different because this team deserves a filled stadium but don't count on it. That Nebraska game will have over 10,000 from Nebraska if not more.

History shows fans will go to the games if the team wins consistently. Maybe not right away, but it will happen.
Interesting chicken and egg question. If the fans are there first does it increase the win chance?
Do you always have to win first to bring fans?
I would like the fans within say a 100 mile radius (easy for me to say, I live 5 states away) to tailgate, pack the stadium, and be loud. My opinion is the team deserves this now and it will increase future wins.

I thought beer was supposed to keep them in the stands. :cool:
All kidding aside - have the usher police lightened up in the stadium?
I had a most unpleasant event when my roommate and ride got ejected for half pint of Jack.
I promise you, there is not a stadium in the SEC that I've been to (4) who would throw an adult alum out for a small bottle of Jack just because they saw him pour into his coke. No fighting or poor language. No noise at all.
I believe stadium needs to be fun inside too. Just saying!
Anyone report improvements?
Go Hoosiers!

Well, 13 minutes til kickoff and it doesn’t look like a 3-0 team crowd.

I’m still confident it’ll fill out, but still expecting a halftime exodus.

Reactions: vesuvius13

I’m here in 108 but this is pathetically bad. Has filled in a lot but our schedule needs to improve drastically before we get 50,000 a game.

The opponent, heat and our history is big factor today. I'd bet money next week will be damn near sold out. if the boys win then the rest of the games this year will be as well.

Reactions: vesuvius13
The way the defense is playing we might not be undefeated after today
I'm betting Coach will have the lazy defensive play addressed here pretty quick. He seems like a "play my way and dominate or run stairs after the game" type of coach.

I should have known this would happen. I mistakenly thought the coaching staff would have the team focused and ready to dominate.

• Haha
Reactions: jsenleo
I just sat my butt outside at a soccer game from 1030-12. It was freaking hot and steamy for late September!
We had better attendance at Memorial Stadium in the 1990’s
I sat in 115 degrees three weeks ago in Austin
Not buying the ferocious Indiana heat.
Crap scheduling even with an improved product still embarrassing crowd

Reactions: IUgradman
Also colder beer and hotter girls.

But yes, really disappointing. We had better turnout (especially students) for a Friday night FCS opponent.

Reactions: IUgradman
Oh I’m not blaming it. But it’s definitely a factor. Heat, bad team, high school sports, a historically low attendance and fanbase. It just takes time.

Also colder beer and hotter girls.

But yes, really disappointing. We had better turnout (especially students) for a Friday night FCS opponent.
We had good crowds in 2021 and what were they treated to and for two years after that? The program was left to flounder for 3 years. People have been through this over and over. It’s going to take more than 3-0 to bring them back.

Gonna be 86° when USC and Michigan kicks off. Guarantee that stadium will be near fill capacity and people aren’t leaving early.

The administration, coaches and players are doing everything they can to change the trajectory of this program. The fans need to do their part.

Gonna be 86° when USC and Michigan kicks off. Guarantee that stadium will be near fill capacity and people aren’t leaving early.

The administration, coaches and players are doing everything they can to change the trajectory of this program. The fans need to do their part.
Gotta wait until we get ranked and a formidable opponent comes to town. Next week should be better, but the Nebraska game will be a sellout, especially with the way Nebraska fans travel. We could be 7-0 after Nebraska and should be able to sell out the rest of the season. Fingers crossed.

Pathetic fanbase. I’m sure the tailgate fields are filled with students stumbling around shitfaced though.

Reactions: TMFT

Yeah it’s been what, 50 years of being bad. You all are nuts for thinking this turns around in a year. Those 2 programs have generations of fans and national fans. It takes sustained success.

Purdue had years of sustained success and grew a generation of football fans during the Tiller years. We’ll do the same thing if Cig does this for 8 or 10 years.

Reactions: Victorbmyboy
We had good crowds in 2021 and what were they treated to and for two years after that? The program was left to flounder for 3 years. People have been through this over and over. It’s going to take more than 3-0 to bring them back.
2021 was a Covid anomaly. Everyone was chomping at the bit to go do things and everyone was intrigued with the team due to 2020. Water finds its level as far as crowds go.

Gotta wait until we get ranked and a formidable opponent comes to town. Next week should be better, but the Nebraska game will be a sellout, especially with the way Nebraska fans travel. We could be 7-0 after Nebraska and should be able to sell out the rest of the season. Fingers crossed.
Is it expensive? A family of four what would that run for a fam in Indy driving down?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT