ADVERTISEMENT

Are we really going to be dead last in the B1G this year again?

Look, you’ve repeatedly promised you would stop following me around here. Please keep your word, stop inventing phantom posters, and talk IU football. It’s really that simple. Your thread trashing is getting really old.
Keep your promises Birnk403

No, the Macaroni Kraft on this board. I've had him on ignore, so I don't remember his exact handle.
Damn, how did you figure that out?

There were two distinct groups of TN fans that I experienced that weekend.

The over 50's that were generally delightful.

The 25 - 40 group that were absolute drunken trash.

Fortunately none of the above were sitting near us.

Reactions: vesuvius13

the only truly drunken annoying as hell TN fan sitting above us was probably about 60.... most of the drunk fans sitting around us were Hoosiers!! But one man gave me the laugh of the night. Can't remember exactly what play led to his ire... but he yelled. "That was a bullshit SEC play. You are a sinner!" My family has quoted that line for 2 1/2 years now.

He asked me where i was sitting and I told him. I asked him where he was sitting and he didn't reply.

He's a coward who wouldn't identify himself.

He asked me where i was sitting and I told him. I asked him where he was sitting and he didn't reply.

He's a coward who wouldn't identify himself.
Interesting. Perhaps he is like that one guy who used to be here a year ago that claimed he parked near me at IU games right up until I offered to set him up with a drink and food at the tailgate.

He got real squirley after that, moved the goal posts and them somehow claimed victory for all to read.

Maybe Kraft is like that one guy.

the only truly drunken annoying as hell TN fan sitting above us was probably about 60.... most of the drunk fans sitting around us were Hoosiers!! But one man gave me the laugh of the night. Can't remember exactly what play led to his ire... but he yelled. "That was a bullshit SEC play. You are a sinner!" My family has quoted that line for 2 1/2 years now.
The ones I didn't like were the ones running down lanes of stopped exit traffic pounding on the windows of IU cars screaming at the windows.

• Angry
Reactions: vesuvius13 and DANC
Interesting. Perhaps he is like that one guy who used to be here a year ago that claimed he parked near me at IU games right up until I offered to set him up with a drink and food at the tailgate.

He got real squirley after that, moved the goal posts and them somehow claimed victory for all to read.

Maybe Kraft is like that one guy.
Maybe the same guy.

Reactions: 76-1 and vesuvius13
I don't think anybody really knows where we are and that includes the Indiana coaching staff. Go back to the preseason interviews last year. Tom Allen stated that he had 100% confidence in Nick Sheridan a week before the season started. The Hoosiers were ranked number 17 in the country and then found themselves down 31-3 at halftime against number 18 ranked Iowa.

Who can forget the summer we all spent reading about how many miles per hour everybody was running and how everybody's strength improvement was off the charts. And then the season started and we didn't really see any improvement anywhere in speed or strength. Now there is an accomplished NFL strength coach, the Hoosiers have put together some strong recruiting classes and yet the Hoosiers are still plugging holes on the line with too many transfer students.

Coy Cronk had started 41 or 42 games before he was hurt in game 4 against UConn. He was replaced by up-and-coming star Matthew. Bedford who everyone was extremely excited about. There was never an acceptable answer why Coy Cronk, a team captain, transferred to a big ten point opponent. Caleb Jones got worse while he was at Indiana. Senior Matthew Bedford last year was just another player on a lousy offensive line. The coaches response to this spiraling problem has been to forget last season. Remember how good we were the two years before that.

I'm afraid that Tom Allen is becoming Tom crane. But at least Tom Allen can coach the defensive side of the ball. I certainly hope my concerns are unwarranted. But when I asked Tom at listen to Tom Allen talk about last year's problem it was because the schedule is so strong early and they had so many injuries. Doesn't change the fact that the score was 31 to 3 against Iowa after two quarters. Doesn't explain why two players had to go to Coach Alan at the end of the season and tell him that players had gone to Voach Allen at the end of the season and tell him that a lot of the players had quit during the season. That was obvious to everybody in games. And what his initial response to that? What are their names? He did end up taking it very seriously and I can't fault any of the actions that were taken regarding that afterwards.

Perhaps not naming a starter publicly and hiding the team from the press will restore the winning tradition.

After the dust is settled I hope all of this can legitimately blamed on Nick Sheridan on the offense and crappy substitution patterns on the defense.

I'm not shouting for throwing the baby out with the bathwater. But I have real concerns. It's still preseason and this is just idle banter from someone who is probably about as nervous as Coach Allen is. Some of my optimism has been replaced by caution. Nothing could make me happier than hearing fish tell me next Friday that the Hoosier offensive line is pushing the Illini all over the field.

P.s. don't consider me disloyal. I'm much more like a Cubs fan. Go Hoosiers!

Last edited:
I don't think anybody really knows where we are and that includes the Indiana coaching staff. Go back to the preseason interviews last year. Tom Allen stated that he had 100% confidence in Nick Sheridan a week before the season started. The Hoosiers were ranked number 17 in the country and then found themselves down 31-3 at halftime against number 18 ranked Iowa.

Who can forget the summer we all spent reading about how many miles per hour everybody was running and how everybody strength improvement was off the charts. And then the season started and we didn't see really any improvement anywhere in speed or strength. Now there is an accomplished NFL strength coach, the Hoosiers have put together some strong recruiting classes and yet the Hoosiers are still plugging holes with transfer students.

Coy Cronk had started 41 or 42 games before he was hurt in game 4 against UConn. He was replaced by up-and-coming star Matthew. Bedford who everyone was extremely excited about. There was never an acceptable answer why Coy Cronk, a team captain, transferred to a big ten point opponent. Caleb Jones got worse while he was at Indiana. Senior Matthew Bedford last year was just another player on a lousy offensive line. The coaches response to this spiraling problem has been to forget last season. Remember how good we were the two years before that.

I'm afraid that Tom Allen is becoming Tom crane. But at least Tom Allen can coach the defensive side of the ball. I certainly hope my concerns are unwarranted. But when I asked Tom at listen to Tom Allen talk about last year's problem it was because the schedule is so strong early and they had so many injuries. Doesn't change the fact that the score was 31 to 3 against Iowa after two quarters. Doesn't explain why two players had to go to Coach Alan at the end of the season and tell him that players had gone to Voach Allen at the end of the season and tell him that a lot of the players had quit during the season. That was obvious to everybody in games. And what his initial response to that? What are their names? He did end up taking it very seriously and I can't fault any of the actions that were taken regarding that afterwards.

Perhaps not naming a starter publicly and hiding the team from the press will restore the winning tradition.

After the dust is settled I hope all of this can legitimately blamed on Nick Sheridan on the offense and crappy substitution patterns on the defense.

I'm not shouting for throwing the baby out with the bathwater. But I have real concerns. It's still preseason and this is just idle banter from someone who is probably about as nervous as Coach Allen is. Some of my optimism has been replaced by caution. Nothing could make me happier than hearing fish tell me next Friday that the Hoosier offensive line is pushing the Illini all over the field
The players have worked harder in the off season than last year's players because they want to win games. With the talent added, I think the team is even better than last year.

Fans thinking Bazelak is better than Tuttle don't realize how hard Tuttle has worked to get better. Mizzou fans complained about Bazelak his second year because he only ave 6.2 yds per completion. Tuttle has a very good arm and it is clear many can't see his potential.

Reactions: jsenleo and DANC

Who can forget the summer we all spent reading about how many miles per hour everybody was running and how everybody's strength improvement was off the charts. And then the season started and we didn't really see any improvement anywhere in speed or strength. Now there is an accomplished NFL strength coach, the Hoosiers have put together some strong recruiting classes and yet the Hoosiers are still plugging holes on the line with too many transfer students.

I'm not shouting for throwing the baby out with the bathwater. But I have real concerns. It's still preseason and this is just idle banter from someone who is probably about as nervous as Coach Allen is. Some of my optimism has been replaced by caution. Nothing could make me happier than hearing fish tell me next Friday that the Hoosier offensive line is pushing the Illini all over the field.

you dared to criticize a 2-10 team. YOU are the reason recruits read this board and go somewhere else.... LOL

I don't think you are disloyal at all. In fact, only wanting the best for IU.

I always appreciate IU grads/fans that are objective about the teams, knowledgeable about the pieces and parts and critical of things that need to get better.

I am concerned about some of the same things but am optimistic that the new staff and new players will move the needle this fall,

you dared to criticize a 2-10 team. YOU are the reason recruits read this board and go somewhere else.... LOL
I recognize and appreciate your sarcasm. On the flip side it is also evident that a number of fans retreat into some sort of weird nationalism where nothing or no one can be questioned.

But now coaches are the highest paid employees in the state government and the best players on the team aren't really amateur athletes anymore. I think it will take a couple of years at least for this new system to get sorted out. Personally, I would like to see a reasonable cap put on both.

I recognize and appreciate your sarcasm. On the flip side it is also evident that a number of fans retreat into some sort of weird nationalism where nothing or no one can be questioned.

But now coaches are the highest paid employees in the state government and the best players on the team aren't really amateur athletes anymore. I think it will take a couple of years at least for this new system to get sorted out. Personally, I would like to see a reasonable cap put on both.
It ALL depends on who is doing the questioning.

There are
Objective caring fans,
Negative Nancys, and
Outright trolls.

I treat each accordingly and appropriately.

I would like to see a cap on NIL too. I don't think coaching pay is all based on state money but if it is I want it capped too.

Reactions: IndyGlen
For its worth, B/R has Rutgers finishing below IU but IU only winning 5 games; I hope IU surprise the prognosticators and wins many more games.

You can Google Indiana highest paid state employees and you will get a list driven by coaches and athletic directors. Tom Allen is the third highest paid state employee in Indiana. Even the freaking women's volleyball coach is in the top 100 and the only thing he has done is create a cloud over the program.

For its worth, B/R has Rutgers finishing below IU but IU only winning 5 games; I hope IU surprise the prognosticators and wins many more games.
People who write these blogs and make these lists don't do enough research on teams like Indiana, Rutger or pu to know what to expect. They look at last year and general +/- and go wit that.

Reactions: 76-1 and vesuvius13
It won’t end IU football…..just the sandbox it plays in. That sandbox will no longer sport a Big Ten logo. It will be some other conference if IU cannot keep up with its peers.
IU needs to find it's own Bill Snyder, KSU was the absolute worst team ever before him . He won and he stayed. The odds of that happening though are very small.

Reactions: vesuvius13
We could be last at the end of the season. No one would be that surprised if it does happen. We'll have a real good ideal at halftime of the Illinois game. If the score is any where near the 31-3 score that it was during the first game of last season, are chances for season long futility go way up. Nothing short of victory at the end of four quarters will be acceptable to IU fans. I don't have a good feeling about the upcoming season. There hasn't been any buzz in our ears. It might be a carry over from the lack of a spring game. We can only surmise the team wasn't deemed suitable for viewing at that time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT