ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone?

This thread has me liking, then not liking, then loving, then hating.

So I'll say that unless you read and like Mark Twain, do not attempt to speak. About anything.

Unless you googled "hottest woman on the planet" and made an appropriate selection and posted it, your political opinion is not worth reading.

tumblr_mrrq28UYa11qau5o3o1_400.gif

I doubt you know yourself, douche.

Here I'll help you out.

You're a beer phag. You watch fox news. You support the republican party and have the personality of a retarded turnip. Well, almost, as a retarded turnip would be interesting for a minute while you're not.

Then you have the ignorant audacity combined with a complete lack of perception to call someone a redneck and hillbilly without realizing that you are probably the biggest and only actual hillbilly in this thread. Hell I bet you listen to country music.

You probably grew up in small town Bubbaville, moved to the big city and now consider yourself cultured and worldly while denying the existence of your inbred hillbilly slack jawed breeding and are living in a delusion that you're somehow better the genetically disabled parents that created you.
My turn?

You strike me as someone with a Napolean complex, which doesn't take Sherlock Holmes to figure you're vertically challenged (being Asian Mexican and all). You are smart, but not Asian smart so you make it up by being aggressive, sometimes overly so.

I'm guessing you have a couple of younger siblings who have surpassed you from an economic standpoint. You're not your parents favorite and it kills you. You blame your kiss ass siblings and always count yourself the victim.

I figure you're in lower middle management because, according to you, your boss overlooks and under appreciates your genius. Corporations are evil but you work for one anyway so you can subvert the man from the inside.

You probably had a lot of friends in college where there were a lot of white kids who didn't have Asian friends. Now that everyone has tired of your superiority complex your college friends don't call or write anymore.

I do generally believe that you're a good musician, because the world is full of underachieving corporate burn outs who immerse themselves in solitary hobbies like music.

You like pot and beer, but you chose pot as a drug of choice because beer was too mainstream. Calling people things like inbred, douchebag and using phrases like intellectual bitch make you feel taller and smarter. You secretly think that if your parents could see how brilliant on here you could earn their love.

I wish you luck. I'll buy the beer if you ever make it down.

Reactions: twenty02
My turn?

You strike me as someone with a Napolean complex, which doesn't take Sherlock Holmes to figure you're vertically challenged (being Asian Mexican and all). You are smart, but not Asian smart so you make it up by being aggressive, sometimes overly so.

I'm guessing you have a couple of younger siblings who have surpassed you from an economic standpoint. You're not your parents favorite and it kills you. You blame your kiss ass siblings and always count yourself the victim.

I figure you're in lower middle management because, according to you, your boss overlooks and under appreciates your genius. Corporations are evil but you work for one anyway so you can subvert the man from the inside.

You probably had a lot of friends in college where there were a lot of white kids who didn't have Asian friends. Now that everyone has tired of your superiority complex your college friends don't call or write anymore.

I do generally believe that you're a good musician, because the world is full of underachieving corporate burn outs who immerse themselves in solitary hobbies like music.

You like pot and beer, but you chose pot as a drug of choice because beer was too mainstream. Calling people things like inbred, douchebag and using phrases like intellectual bitch make you feel taller and smarter. You secretly think that if your parents could see how brilliant on here you could earn their love.

I wish you luck. I'll buy the beer if you ever make it down.

I dunno, TMP, but it looks like Foos hit the nail on the head here.

"You are smart, but not Asian smart."

That made me laugh out loud.

My, what a cunty comment that was, Rob.

Here's a brief non-Fox News bullshit answer, like the one you supplied:

Greece in the years leading up to the economic collapse of 2008 was experiencing a huge boom in construction. Greek banks fueled this boom by lending cash left and right. Their collateral for these loans, like most banks in the world, was sub prime mortgage debts in the good ol USA. Like here, the sub-prime bubble exploded, rather than burst, and Greece's banks were screwed. The Greek Government, like ours, thought their banks too big to fail, and bailed them out. Unlike our economy, they have a tiny economy and could bail out the banks only by borrowing the money.

The greek government and banks basically made a bad bet: they gambled that the crisis would be relatively short. It wasn't and Greece's loaners started demanding payments. Greece's problem wasn't pensions, its problem was its decades long culture of tax evasion by corporations and the wealthy (sound familiar, Foos?). It simply could not generate the revenue to pay back its debts, so instead of dealing with the wealthy parasites from the country's collective nutsack, it went after those pensions and programs because the government was bought and paid for by the wealthy. Much like our system of government.

The stupid actions of the Greek government gave way to shattered economy, huge tax increases on the middle class and poor, caused massive lay-offs and eventually lead to the removal of that government by the people.

You have obviously have been spoon fed the oligarchy approved version by Fox that put the blame squarely on the entitlement programs.

You are the perfect Fox News viewer, you believe everything they say AND vote against your own best interests. Good work!

Let me correct something for you... No one pays taxes in Greece and no one works. That's why they are broke...

Go back and re-read what I wrote in that post Toastedtranny. And both you and your angry inch are wrong Hedwig, until you prove otherwise.

All Income Tax in Greece is progressive. An individual in Greece is liable for tax on her or his income as an employee and on income as a self-employed person. In the case of an individual who answers the test of a "permanent resident" of Greece, tax will be calculated on her or his income earned in Greece and overseas. An individual whose income is only from a wage is not obligated to file an annual return. The employer deducts tax from the employee and transfers it to the tax authority every month. (Income tax brackets have changed significantly since 2008.) Income tax brackets in Greece for the year 2008 were 0% (up to 12,000 euros), 27% (from 12,001 to 30,000 euros), 37% (from 30,001 to 75,000 euros) and 40% (above 75,000 euros). For tax year 2009 the respective rates were 0%, 25%, 35% and 40%, but since 2010 brackets and rates changed a lot.

Go back and re-read what I wrote in that post Toastedtranny. And both you and your angry inch are wrong Hedwig, until you prove otherwise.

All Income Tax in Greece is progressive. An individual in Greece is liable for tax on her or his income as an employee and on income as a self-employed person. In the case of an individual who answers the test of a "permanent resident" of Greece, tax will be calculated on her or his income earned in Greece and overseas. An individual whose income is only from a wage is not obligated to file an annual return. The employer deducts tax from the employee and transfers it to the tax authority every month. (Income tax brackets have changed significantly since 2008.) Income tax brackets in Greece for the year 2008 were 0% (up to 12,000 euros), 27% (from 12,001 to 30,000 euros), 37% (from 30,001 to 75,000 euros) and 40% (above 75,000 euros). For tax year 2009 the respective rates were 0%, 25%, 35% and 40%, but since 2010 brackets and rates changed a lot.
Careful. Toasted isn't very good with facts. Plus, in his mind, Greeks probably qualify as brown people and are therefore worthless by definition.

Reactions: burnthemallralphie

I've actually been to Greece and personally know many Greeks. Everything is off the books. They are notorious for that. They also love a good party and have plenty of breaks. Any Greek will tell you this.

Why are you so sensitive?

WTF is this doing on the OTF? Seriously...all the boobs in the world can't eliminate the stench of this chit.

Goat....quit bringing this stuff here. Take it to the effing cooler.

Toasted, I am being insensitive, not sensitive. I have been to Greece as well, Mr. World Traveler. I also know several Greeks. I mentioned in my original post that Greece has had tax evasion issues for decades. Just because you have been to Greece doesn't make you an expert on their economic woes, anymore that it does me. And just because I know blacks doesn't mean I understand jive.

Your post lacks facts, but is heavy on conjecture.

My favorite greek will deal with you:

Toasted, I am being insensitive, not sensitive. I have been to Greece as well, Mr. World Traveler. I also know several Greeks. I mentioned in my original post that Greece has had tax evasion issues for decades. Just because you have been to Greece doesn't make you an expert on their economic woes, anymore that it does me. And just because I know blacks doesn't mean I understand jive.

Your post lacks facts, but is heavy on conjecture.

My favorite greek will deal with you:

See this link...

http://www.wsj.com/articles/greece-struggles-to-get-citizens-to-pay-their-taxes-1424867495

My main point in all of this was that it's not only the rich dodging taxes, but this is a cultural issue.

ATHENS—Of all the challenges Greece has faced in recent years, prodding its citizens to pay their taxes has been one of the most difficult.

At the end of 2014, Greeks owed their government about €76 billion ($86 billion) in unpaid taxes accrued over decades, though mostly since 2009. The government says most of that has been lost to insolvency and only €9 billion can be recovered.

Billions more in taxes are owed on never-reported revenue from Greece’s vast underground economy, which was estimated before the crisis to equal more than a quarter of the country’s gross domestic product.

The International Monetary Fund and Greece’s other creditors have argued for years that the country’s debt crisis could be largely resolved if the government just cracked down on tax evasion. Tax debts in Greece equal about 90% of annual tax revenue, the highest shortfall among industrialized nations, according to the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development.

RELATED
ENLARGE
Greece’s new government, scrambling to secure more short-term funding, agreed on Tuesday to make tax collection a top priority on a long list of measures. Yet previous governments have made similar promises, only to fall short.

Tax rates in Greece are broadly in line with those elsewhere in Europe. But Greeks have a widespread aversion to paying what they owe the state, an attitude often blamed on cultural and historical forces.

During the country’s centurieslong occupation by the Ottomans, avoiding taxes was a sign of patriotism. Today, that distrust is focused on the government, which many Greeks see as corrupt, inefficient and unreliable.

“Greeks consider taxes as theft,” said Aristides Hatzis, an associate professor of law and economics at the University of Athens. “Normally taxes are considered the price you have to pay for a just state, but this is not accepted by the Greek mentality.”

WO-AV568_GKTAX_16U_20150224190305.jpg
ENLARGE
Some also see grounds for cynicism in the case that opened Wednesday in Athens against former Finance Minister George Papaconstantinou. The 53-year-old faces charges that during his 2009-11 tenure, he illegally removed the names of three relatives from a list of suspected tax evaders. At the hearing Mr. Papaconstantinou denied the charges, for which he faces a life sentence if convicted.

Alleged corruption among politicians only strengthens Greeks’ conviction that evading taxes in their own everyday lives isn’t a serious crime, and little stigma is attached to getting caught, unlike in other European countries or even the U.S.

Much of Greece’s tax evasion occurs in the small transactions of daily life.

A 32-year-old chef in Athens says his income taxes are automatically deducted from his monthly paychecks. But every time he buys something and is given an option to pay less if he doesn’t ask for a receipt, he says yes.

“It is a win-win situation,” he said. “I pay less for the products and the store pays less in taxes.”

Greeks’ innate resistance to taxation is one reason Syriza, the leftist party now in power, campaigned against the tax increases championed by the previous government in the run-up to elections. The party went so far as to embrace a grass-roots antitax movement called “I won’t pay.”

The country’s previous government introduced a controversial new property tax, for example, that led to a sevenfold increase from 2009 levels in collection last year, to €3.5 billion. But Syriza and other critics assailed the tax as unfair and many Greeks stopped paying it late last year, partly in anticipation that the new government would change it.

The government’s tax-revenue shortfall in January alone was 23% below its €4.5 billion target for the month.

Last week, the government outlined plans to forgive up to 50% of individuals’ tax arrears, a sign it would make good on its campaign rhetoric.

Syriza would risk a popular uprising by the very people who put it into power if it were to back away from those policies and get tough on taxes, political analysts warn. Even within the government’s own ranks, officials say Syriza can’t risk tougher enforcement.

The reason isn’t just political, but economic. The country’s depression has already pushed many small businesses to the brink of collapse. Forcing them to pay more in taxes would put even more out of business—and more Greeks out of work.

“The Greek economy would collapse if the government were to force these people to pay taxes,” one senior government official said.

Though Greece’s rich have often been singled out for not paying their due, the vast majority of tax evasion occurs at the lower end of the income scale, among small and medium-size enterprises, government officials say.

“Most small companies know they will never be audited so they don’t bother to pay taxes,” said a European official sent to help Athens overhaul its tax system. Many companies report they pay their workers the minimum wage, then supplement it under the table to avoid having to pay higher payroll taxes.

The owner of a small hotel outside Athens, says she as much as doubles her three employees’ pay during the busy summer months. The arrangement benefits everyone, she says, because her employees get more money and neither side has to pay more in taxes.

“If I had to pay them even more the whole year, I would have to fire one of them,” she said.

Other companies give workers store or restaurant credits in lieu of cash.

A 28-year-old saleswoman says her company gives employees special coupons they can cash in supermarkets, restaurants and for other services.

“It works much better for us because the money isn’t taxed,” she said.

Reactions: burnthemallralphie
Ignore the factual article I linked. I know how you operate.

Fyi, everyone has inherent biases racial or otherwise. I know you are a perfect angel.
Your "factual article" has nothing to do with the topic. Collecting back taxes - while an admiral goal in theory - does nothing to help the economy. In fact, it's bad for the economy. Greece is in a bad spot because they took on too much bad debt, but it's not why the economy sucks, and it's certainly not transferable to America. We can take on more debt than Greece, because, quite frankly, we're not Greece.

Your article is distraction. A non sequitur. It has nothing to do with the debate at hand.

As I said several times above, governments should collect FEWER taxes in down economic times. They should increase spending, and decrease revenues, to stimulate the economy. Debt is how you pay for that.

Once the economy bounces back, Greece should go after the people that owe them money, but to do it now is just more austerity nonsense that hurts the economy overall.

Your "factual article" has nothing to do with the topic. Collecting back taxes - while an admiral goal in theory - does nothing to help the economy. In fact, it's bad for the economy. Greece is in a bad spot because they took on too much bad debt, but it's not why the economy sucks, and it's certainly not transferable to America. We can take on more debt than Greece, because, quite frankly, we're not Greece.

Your article is distraction. A non sequitur. It has nothing to do with the debate at hand.

As I said several times above, governments should collect FEWER taxes in down economic times. They should increase spending, and decrease revenues, to stimulate the economy. Debt is how you pay for that.

Once the economy bounces back, Greece should go after the people that owe them money, but to do it now is just more austerity nonsense that hurts the economy overall.

You didn't read the article nor my posts. I haven't discussed economic growth once in this thread. My whole point in this thread is that one of the major reasons they are having trouble paying their debt is because their citizens aren't paying taxes. And these aren't all "back taxes". This is you go to a store and they don't give you a receipt so they keep the $ off the books. When much of the country functions this way the government will struggle.

WTF is this doing on the OTF? Seriously...all the boobs in the world can't eliminate the stench of this chit.

Goat....quit bringing this stuff here. Take it to the effing cooler.

It is my fault, RF. I took a huge shit all over Ben Stein and his OTF groupies, my bad. I think I have posted some seriously good hotness as recompense.

Do what you usually do in books or magazines: skim over the wordy posts and look for boobs.

It is my fault, RF. I took a huge shit all over Ben Stein and his OTF groupies, my bad. I think I have posted some seriously good hotness as recompense.

Do what you usually do in books or magazines: skim over the wordy posts and look for boobs.

Apology not accepted....this thread needs to burn in hell....

You didn't read the article nor my posts. I haven't discussed economic growth once in this thread. My whole point in this thread is that one of the major reasons they are having trouble paying their debt is because their citizens aren't paying taxes. And these aren't all "back taxes". This is you go to a store and they don't give you a receipt so they keep the $ off the books. When much of the country functions this way the government will struggle.
I did read your posts. My point is they were not germane. You're moving the topic into a different area that wasn't what we were actually talking about.

If the Greeks have a tax collection problem, then they have a tax collection problem. But this was ultimately all about why it's good that America spends money, even if the government racks up some debt, and Greece is not informative for that debate.

I did read your posts. My point is they were not germane. You're moving the topic into a different area that wasn't what we were actually talking about.

If the Greeks have a tax collection problem, then they have a tax collection problem. But this was ultimately all about why it's good that America spends money, even if the government racks up some debt, and Greece is not informative for that debate.

Here's another interesting article.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/.../16/greeks-work-harder-than-germans-who-knew/

Apparently I was wrong about Greek's work ethic.

Yes, I disputed one point in Ralph's post. Of course I took the thread to a different area. Hence I didn't reply to your posts. I'm not an expert on Keynesian economics so I didn't want to wade into that hell hole.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/.../16/greeks-work-harder-than-germans-who-knew/

Yes, I disputed one point in Ralph's post. Of course I took the thread to a different area. Hence I didn't reply to your posts. I'm not an expert on Keynesian economics so I didn't want to wade into that hell hole.
True. And I only jumped in for the easy racism joke. We all have our little quirks.

True. And I only jumped in for the easy racism joke. We all have our little quirks.

Greeks are really fun btw. My greek friend told me how to say "hello how are you" to the front desk girl... she was cute...

He told me "Ante gamisou malaka". You can figure out what that means :D

Greeks are really fun btw. My greek friend told me how to say "hello how are you" to the front desk girl... she was cute...

He told me "Ante gamisou malaka". You can figure out what that means :D

"Bros before hoes?"

I'm not very good at Greek. Well, I know some Koine obviously, but that's it.

I used to have a Greek girl working for me. She was awesome. Best hostess we ever had.

Let me help you....you seem to have a problem remembering what the word "interesting" means....

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/interesting?s=t

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT