ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone know if Tracy Smith and CTC get along well?

OldChargey

All-Big Ten
Sep 9, 2009
Doubt ASU would hire a guy with a similar record of the guy they just fired, but who knows. I recall Smith and Crean being chums

They wouldn't have to pay him as much.......

His tanning bill would be a lot less thanks to that Arizona sun....... Couldn't resist......

They said they are going after Jeff Capel but to answer your question yes

they get along really well. Both coached a youth football team together, all of their kids went to St. Charles school and I believe Creans daughter used to date one of Smith's boys or something like that.

That's no good

Capel is just an assistant at Duke. There would be no dominoes to fall.

Capel simply won't do.

Yes they do, in fact they coached my nephew (and Riley's)....

little league football team together a few years ago.

They are good friends, but only one can coach his sport well.

Heard today that Stevens' realtor is looking

for a home here in indy area and that the job is his for the taking
Take it with a grain of salt but it comes from his realtor's buddy
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Nice

Real estate rumors are usually really accurate.

grain-of-salt.jpg

My son was on that team.

Coach Smith was hilarious. There were a bunch of ridiculously talented kids on that team, including Coach Smith's son. Smith would make up plays in the huddle and more often than not things would work out. They steam rolled every opponent. Coach Crean would show sporadically and wait for it... pace around and clap. I thought it was great at that time. Good for both of them for finding the time but in hinds sight....
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Yes I'm pretty sure they did and

Just heard of another Iu coach he is really close with. I thought he didn't get along well with many of the people, but evidentially he has at least a few friends in the department.

Lots of people make that drive each day. Isn't his wife an

attorney and also on the board of directors for Butler. Maybe easier for her to find work in Indy.

I live on north side of Indy

And it's only an hour and 15 minutes. Could easily live somewhere closer to 50 minutes. I go back and forth sometimes as much as 5!days a week and it doesn't really bother me.

When I was at IU, he would play QB w/ the baseball players playing...

intramural flag football. I think he was always having more fun out there than the college kids.

Does the realtor's daughter play basketball with a cousin of a

friend who knows a former player? I can't believe some of the "sourced" crap that Mike is leaving up.
I have no dog in this race. IU will do what they do. We have no impact on the Jedi nation.

Here's my thought on it.

Because he wants his kids to live in the community he's familiar with. I could easily see a situation where his family lives in Zionsville (or wherever they prefer), and he lives in Bloomington. He would simply drive back and forth when he could. Hell, I live in Carmel and work in Washington, DC.

Yes Calbert lived on the north side of Indy with his family & had a

condo in Bloomington because his wife liked the bigger city & didn't care for living in Bloomington.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT