ADVERTISEMENT

Another Trump Lie

meridian

Hall of Famer
Jul 3, 2001
Seattle
Donald J. Trump on Twitter: The Democrats are pushing for Universal HealthCare while thousands of people are marching in the UK because their U system is going broke and not working. Dems want to greatly raise taxes
Link

Fact: The demonstrators marched in support of the system and urged the government to better fund it. Link

It is amazing that nearly 50% of the population, including some college-educated on this board, believe that Trump is telling the truth.:rolleyes::(

Here’s what Americans need to know about the UK’s health system
Donald Trump’s criticisms of the NHS suggest he doesn’t know much about our system – or the one he presides over

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/feb/05/americans-uk-health-system-trump-nhs

If Trump is going to ignore the huge governmental information apparatus at his command in favour of a news show, it’s a pity he’s picked one that gets so little right – especially as it’s not hard to set out what’s really going on with the UK health system, and how it compares with America’s.

It’s true that thousands of people took to the streets over the weekend – on a march to try to protect an institution they care about a great deal. The marchers were certainly not protesting the effect of immigration on the NHS, as Farage dishonestly claimed when the president was likely watching at home: in fact, the NHS is hugely reliant on immigrant doctors and nurses to provide the care it does. Of the NHS’s 1.1 million staff, 138,000 are immigrants – a figure which doesn’t include many immigrants and their children who have taken British citizenship.

Trump supporters ought to be insulted by the man who treats them as though they are Trump University applicants. Gullible suckers and desperados.

But they don't. They double down instead.

I guess Trump knows them much better than we give him credit for.

Last edited:
Donald J. Trump on Twitter: The Democrats are pushing for Universal HealthCare while thousands of people are marching in the UK because their U system is going broke and not working. Dems want to greatly raise taxes
Link

Fact: The demonstrators marched in support of the system and urged the government to better fund it. Link

It is amazing that nearly 50% of the population, including some college-educated on this board, believe that Trump is telling the truth.:rolleyes::(
Don't think, believe your CLINC.

Republicans care about debt and deficit. They are trying to make sure both are big and healthy.
Were you ever complaining during the Obama years? He was deficit spending on steroids. Now I am complaining about the deficit spending by Trump and the rest of the government. Remember it's not just him. They all play their part like they did during the Obama years.

Were you ever complaining during the Obama years? He was deficit spending on steroids. Now I am complaining about the deficit spending by Trump and the rest of the government. Remember it's not just him. They all play their part like they did during the Obama years.

I’m pointing out hypocrisy from your party. Try to keep up.

Deficit spending during a recession is what you're supposed to do. You're supposed to make up for it during periods when the economy is strong. The revenue reductions just enacted fly in the face of Econ 101.

Reactions: Bill4411
Deficit spending during a recession is what you're supposed to do. You're supposed to make up for it during periods when the economy is strong. The revenue reductions just enacted fly in the face of Econ 101.
You are wrong! Dead Wrong!

The thing you do during the recession is to pray! Right, Rev. Van?

I was. But the thing many partisan people fail to do is think. What happened in fiscal 09? TARP, bridge loan to GM, stimulus, auto-bailout, and unemployment benefits. It all led to an 18% increase in spending over 08. It didn’t matter who was president in 09, it was a big shit sandwich and, well you know the rest.

After the massive increase in 09 the year over year increases were relatively benign.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT