ADVERTISEMENT

Another reason to hate Glass

BigNutsIUFan

Junior
Mar 10, 2005
I know this is more football related but I dont know anybody in that forum. There is a facebook post floating around saying that Brohms agent contacted IU after Wilson was fired and Glass ignored it and hired Tom Allen. A few weeks later he was hired at Purdue. Anybody know if this is true. If so then its just another reason to hate him

I know this is more football related but I dont know anybody in that forum. There is a facebook post floating around saying that Brohms agent contacted IU after Wilson was fired and Glass ignored it and hired Tom Allen. A few weeks later he was hired at Purdue. Anybody know if this is true. If so then its just another reason to hate him
Didn't Wilson's resignation and tom Allen's hiring happen on the same day?

You surprised? Its glass.

Reactions: IUgradman
Not true!

Well, did Surfboard Fred contact Brohm and inquire about his interest in the HC position? Was Allen the only coach considered? If so, fire Fred now. Reassign him to the Varsity Club, where he is most suited to hobnob with the donors.

Reactions: iulb and IUgradman
It’s absolutely true. Brohm wanted the IU job. I’ve been telling people this on the football board for 2 years but they have their own special sunshine pumpers who are adamant Allen is better believe it or not.

Could you please be more specific about which forum, etc.?

Reactions: moneyadvisor
I love the revisionist history just because people are still upset he "kept Crean to long". He has a pretty solid track record with his actual hires, revenue, facility upgrades, etc. Get over the butt hurt and realize it takes time to build success that is sustainable without doing the super shady things (and I willingly admit every program stretches the rules....the ones blatantly breaking them are obvious.....). Or can you remind me again what horrible things Glass has actually done (he didn't cause Crean's APR issues, lack of depth, lack of size, lack of a PG, and lack of any non-senior shooters, and couldn't have fired a coach with 2 outright B10 championships in the previous 4 years and a massive buyout regardless of what idiots expected. Realistic expectations, folks.)?

It’s absolutely true. Brohm wanted the IU job. I’ve been telling people this on the football board for 2 years but they have their own special sunshine pumpers who are adamant Allen is better believe it or not.
Sunshine pumpers...great term! Lol

I love the revisionist history just because people are still upset he "kept Crean to long". He has a pretty solid track record with his actual hires, revenue, facility upgrades, etc. Get over the butt hurt and realize it takes time to build success that is sustainable without doing the super shady things (and I willingly admit every program stretches the rules....the ones blatantly breaking them are obvious.....). Or can you remind me again what horrible things Glass has actually done (he didn't cause Crean's APR issues, lack of depth, lack of size, lack of a PG, and lack of any non-senior shooters, and couldn't have fired a coach with 2 outright B10 championships in the previous 4 years and a massive buyout regardless of what idiots expected. Realistic expectations, folks.)?
Is it realistic to think missing the NCAA tourney 7 of 11 years is unacceptable or nah??

Not revisionist:

1.) He gave Crean an unnecessary and ill-advised extension that showed he was acting like an overzealous fan instead of a competent AD.

2.) He hired an assistant football coach, seemingly without conducting a search for one of IU's major revenue programs.

3.) He has presided over a basketball program, with a storied history, that has been missing the NCAA tourney more often than it has qualified for it.

Do you really believe that facility improvements are any great accomplishment with the BIG channel revenue flowing in?

Why does IU get credit for doing what every other conference school has done? Upgrading facilities is very low hanging fruit and IU is still behind in both football and basketball. Cool Dad had the gall to say last summer the football facilities were as good as anyone’s, and that was before the Tallen Complex was even under construction! This just shows what an insular bubble the administration lives in. Clemson, Oregon, Texas A&M, even Purdue and Minnesota have far better football facilities than IU.

Reactions: BoilerMadness

I heard a rumor that we perennially shoot ourselves in the foot.

And we do.

It's our super power.

Is a Facebook post that is floating around the internet worthy of a post on this forum? Outside the cute cat pictures, even posts that actually exist on Facebook are typically made up.

Reactions: Tailgater#1
Is a Facebook post that is floating around the internet worthy of a post on this forum? Outside the cute cat pictures, even posts that actually exist on Facebook are typically made up.
Looks like it came from a Cards fan. Posted on a Fire Fred Glass group, lol. There was another posted somewhere else but cant find it. I didnt think it was true but curious if anyone else knew. Moot point though, Im sure Brohm would've came to IU if IU offered right?

facebook?

lmao .........

Reactions: Tailgater#1
Glass wasn’t interested in anyone but Allen, and he hired him immediately, and Brohm never had any interest in IU, and wouldn’t have had any had he been approached, which he wasn’t.
You think the WKU coach wasn’t interested in IU?

Reactions: ufo33

Now just how is it that Brohm wanted the IU job when Wilson was fired and Allen hired in the same day, just hours apart?

The IU job is SO good that Brohm was on the phone to his agent immediately after Wilson's firing came across the ticker? Yea right.

Now just how is it that Brohm wanted the IU job when Wilson was fired and Allen hired in the same day, just hours apart?

The IU job is SO good that Brohm was on the phone to his agent immediately after Wilson's firing came across the ticker? Yea right.
Yes. That’s the type of job he’d be looking for. And IU was in a great position then. Much better than Purdue. He would’ve taken it in a heartbeat if Fred was competent at his job.

i have absolutely no doubt that had we struck at the right time, we could have had Bear Bryant, Knute Rockne, Woody Hayes, Nick Saban, Bo Schembechler, John McKay, Darrell Royal, Bud Wilkinson, and maybe even had a shot at Belichick.

how the heck did we miss out on all these guys, when we had the chance to get in early on every one of them.

on top of that, we let Krzyzewski get away after he was already here.

Last edited:
Not revisionist:

1.) He gave Crean an unnecessary and ill-advised extension that showed he was acting like an overzealous fan instead of a competent AD.

2.) He hired an assistant football coach, seemingly without conducting a search for one of IU's major revenue programs.

3.) He has presided over a basketball program, with a storied history, that has been missing the NCAA tourney more often than it has qualified for it.

Do you really believe that facility improvements are any great accomplishment with the BIG channel revenue flowing in?
Results are what matter and the results have been BAD since the Syracuse debacle. Giving the job to Allen without a search was lazy and stupid and the football program still sucks.

Why does IU get credit for doing what every other conference school has done? Upgrading facilities is very low hanging fruit and IU is still behind in both football and basketball. Cool Dad had the gall to say last summer the football facilities were as good as anyone’s, and that was before the Tallen Complex was even under construction! This just shows what an insular bubble the administration lives in. Clemson, Oregon, Texas A&M, even Purdue and Minnesota have far better football facilities than IU.

How is IU behind in MBB facilities? Be specific.

Reactions: Tasmanian Devil
Most of the girls here are into snapchat.
Did u google that from ur moms basement while taking selfies in your tank top lol. It’s cool..I did stuff like that when I was 16 too. I’ll give you credit tho for sticking with it knowing how many people point and laugh. Everyone here at the office wants to thank you for helping to keep the moral up bahahahhaha

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT