ADVERTISEMENT

Another reason to hate Glass

Didn't Wilson's resignation and tom Allen's hiring happen on the same day?
That is what I thought. I don't remember an interim title placed on Allen. I don't believe Glass reached out to any outside sources to get feedback on interest prior to the firing and I am sure Brohm was as surprised as the rest of us.

Allen is doing okay. Recruiting is improving and that should translate to the field. Our conference division isn't going to help wins and losses, but we can pick off a game here and there against teams on down years. Improvement needs to continue to where we can stay close and have those wins on a more regular basis. I am okay with Allen for now. The next year is big year for him.

Reactions: Tasmanian Devil
That is what I thought. I don't remember an interim title placed on Allen. I don't believe Glass reached out to any outside sources to get feedback on interest prior to the firing and I am sure Brohm was as surprised as the rest of us.

Allen is doing okay. Recruiting is improving and that should translate to the field. Our conference division isn't going to help wins and losses, but we can pick off a game here and there against teams on down years. Improvement needs to continue to where we can stay close and have those wins on a more regular basis. I am okay with Allen for now. The next year is big year for him.
Agreed.

Had we had Nate at QB still we'd have gone bowling at least once the last two years - if not both. This year is a big one for Tommy.

Fred called Allen into the office, and said something along the lines of we're firing Wilson and want you to be the HC. Allen accepted. Wilson got canned. They didn't even have the contract in place when he was announced as the HC. To say say anyone had any interest in the job, when it was never open, is just a different kind of sunshine being pumped.

I know this is more football related but I dont know anybody in that forum. There is a facebook post floating around saying that Brohms agent contacted IU after Wilson was fired and Glass ignored it and hired Tom Allen. A few weeks later he was hired at Purdue. Anybody know if this is true. If so then its just another reason to hate him
LOOOOOOL

Reactions: Tailgater#1
A bit OT but Anyone ever notice how IU has refused to look at an “IU guy” from a historically successful b-ball program yet often hires from within for historically challenged football program? I do need to add I very much like both current coaches. Just ironic observation.

Last edited:
Reactions: Columbus-Boiler
A bit OT but Anyone ever notice how IU has refused to look at an “IU guy” from a historically successful b-ball program yet often hires from within for historically challenged football program? I do need to add I very much like both current coaches. Just ironic observation.
Who? Alford? Most of the fanbase doesnt want Alford. Is there another IU guy Indiana should look at? Guess we could take a look at Fife or Lewis but they dont have much HC experience

i have absolutely no doubt that had we struck at the right time, we could have had Bear Bryant, Knute Rockne, Woody Hayes, Nick Saban, Bo Schembechler, John McKay, Darrell Royal, Bud Wilkinson, and maybe even had a shot at Belichick.

how the heck did we miss out on all these guys, when we had the chance to get in early on every one of them.

on top of that, we let Krzyzewski get away after he was already here.

IU has always been on the cheap. They historically had no interest in taking sports to a highly competitive level.

That’s the reason, a big reason, we don’t attract high level coaches like this.
That had zero plan to think past Knight. Ride on his fumes as long as autopilot will take you.
If we had positioned ourselves since say 1960 like we gave two sh$&ts about winning and pouring in resources to do so, you might have seen one of those names here. We have always given lip service to that and operated in Backwoods Bloomington like some mom and pop shop. Get what you pay for.

Reactions: BoilerMadness
I know this is more football related but I dont know anybody in that forum. There is a facebook post floating around saying that Brohms agent contacted IU after Wilson was fired and Glass ignored it and hired Tom Allen. A few weeks later he was hired at Purdue. Anybody know if this is true. If so then its just another reason to hate him
That's not true. Brohm stated at one point that he would have been open to IU if they had ever inquired....but we never did.

Reactions: snarlcakes
Fred called Allen into the office, and said something along the lines of we're firing Wilson and want you to be the HC. Allen accepted. Wilson got canned. They didn't even have the contract in place when he was announced as the HC. To say say anyone had any interest in the job, when it was never open, is just a different kind of sunshine being pumped.

Hiring a coach with only high school head coaching experience. Did not interview anyone, including the one that he hired. FIRE him now. SurfboardFred really fanboyed that one. Is this who you want to lead IU sports for the future?

Must be true! Everything on Facebook is true, like during the 2016 election . . .

You think the WKU coach wasn’t interested in IU?
You need to be consistent. Hiring a highly desired and regarded basketball coach with six years of head coaching experience from the Atlantic 10 is unacceptable to you, but hiring a football coach with four years head coaching experience from Conference USA would have been a coup! You don't expect to be taken seriously, do you?

Did u google that from ur moms basement while taking selfies in your tank top lol. It’s cool..I did stuff like that when I was 16 too. I’ll give you credit tho for sticking with it knowing how many people point and laugh. Everyone here at the office wants to thank you for helping to keep the moral up bahahahhaha
Got to keep the moral up!

Reactions: BoilerMadness
This is hysterical. Brohm wouldn't have been caught dead on an IU football field. Not even sure I can call it an IU field when the opposing fans outnumber IU's.
How does someone that joined in 2010 just now post his/her first post?

Reactions: 76-1
How is IU behind in MBB facilities? Be specific.

The locker room is rather small and the players lounge is not nearly as luxurious as those you find at UNC, Kansas, Duke, etc. Louisville’s head coaching office is way bigger and nicer than IU’s.

Yes. That’s the type of job he’d be looking for. And IU was in a great position then. Much better than Purdue. He would’ve taken it in a heartbeat if Fred was competent at his job.

I thought Allen was a much better coach than Brohm.

The locker room is rather small and the players lounge is not nearly as luxurious as those you find at UNC, Kansas, Duke, etc. Louisville’s head coaching office is way bigger and nicer than IU’s.

So nit picky things while the big ones...like an iconic arena and first rate training facilities are ignored,

Glass wasn’t interested in anyone but Allen, and he hired him immediately, and Brohm never had any interest in IU, and wouldn’t have had any had he been approached, which he wasn’t.

Allen was hired to provide continuity after Wilson blew himself up. He was thrown into the fire. The players like Allen and he is a good man, a good coach, and he just finished recruiting one of IU's best classes ever. Patience.

Regarding Brohm, he has exceeded expectations at Purdue. Hindsight is 20/20.

You need to be consistent. Hiring a highly desired and regarded basketball coach with six years of head coaching experience from the Atlantic 10 is unacceptable to you, but hiring a football coach with four years head coaching experience from Conference USA would have been a coup! You don't expect to be taken seriously, do you?
Catch up rookie. I was fine with the Archie hire but it didn’t work and we don’t need to wait to see it crash and burn before moving on.

What coach wouldn't say that when asked? I'm sure he would look at any B1G school while he was at WKU. He took the Purdue job after the Hazel era so he clearly wasn't afraid of doing the work.....
I never said that any coach wouldn't say that. I simply answered the question that was stated.

Seeing a lot of posters like that - people who joined 10+ years ago, have 20 or so posts and haven’t posted in 3-4 years. Makes you wonder if someone at the controls is stirring the pot.

I posted this same observation a few minutes ago...multiple posters with over 10 years of membership, but less than 10 posts, all with the same "hot take" on CAM and the program.
Very strange. o_O

Funny thread. I heard that both Uban and Saban were also interested in the IU job, but Glass turned them down. I have also heard 2-3 NFL coaches tried to apply as well. Oh well.

:cool:

Reactions: Bluto71
Funny thread. I heard that both Uban and Saban were also interested in the IU job, but Glass turned them down. I have also heard 2-3 NFL coaches tried to apply as well. Oh well.

:cool:

What is funny about it? You don't think Brohm would have been interested in the IU job if approached? IU was in in better position than PU and he took the PU job.

What is funny about it? You don't think Brohm would have been interested in the IU job if approached? IU was in in better position than PU and he took the PU job.
Seems unlikely. This whole rumor is based on someone's Facebook post. I don't think there was any real interest by either party, but I'm not going to debate it with you.

you have been in all those locker rooms?

Unlikely he has been In any if them. I have been in both the Cook Hall locker room and the new Andy Mohr room in TAH. Both are sweet.
how do you get to do that? aren't you the guy who had lunch with quinn buckner? just who the hell are you? lol

Allen was hired to provide continuity after Wilson blew himself up. He was thrown into the fire. The players like Allen and he is a good man, a good coach, and he just finished recruiting one of IU's best classes ever. Patience.

Regarding Brohm, he has exceeded expectations at Purdue. Hindsight is 20/20.
Brohm 2 Allen 0
PU 2 Bowls, IU 0 Bowls under Allen

Why does IU get credit for doing what every other conference school has done? Upgrading facilities is very low hanging fruit and IU is still behind in both football and basketball. Cool Dad had the gall to say last summer the football facilities were as good as anyone’s, and that was before the Tallen Complex was even under construction! This just shows what an insular bubble the administration lives in. Clemson, Oregon, Texas A&M, even Purdue and Minnesota have far better football facilities than IU.
i should hope the first 3 schools have better football facilities than us

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT