ADVERTISEMENT

another elementary school shooting

... your post reads like another excuse to do nothing about the immediate threat of gun violence. I hope that's not what you meant to say.
Never assume that intelligence or even common sense has any influence on what DANC posts here.

Do you want to go throught a background check and pay to have a license to buy fertilizer?
Fertilizer? Well, OK, but did you know that the ATF actually is permitted to restrict ownership of gunpowder despite the Second Amendment?

The NRA apparently doesn't care about this regulation.

Gunpowder existed in 1787, so there's no argument the Founding Fathers did not contemplate gunpowder when they enacted the Second Amendment:

"“A well-regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.”​

No gun works without gunpowder. Duh.

This isn't directed at you, but if the purchase of gunpowder can be regulated by the feds without violating the Second Amendment then why/how is the Second Amendment always claimed to be such an impediment to serious gun control?

I really don't think it's "clear that, as soon as guns aren't available, these walking suicides will find some other way to take others out with them and make a name for themselves."

But, even if you're right, so what? When some other threat develops, we'll just have to come up with a cure for that one, too,

As it is, your post reads like another excuse to do nothing about the immediate threat of gun violence. I hope that's not what you meant to say.
I never said do nothing. The opposite, in fact.

But if you think if guns disappeared tomorrow there wouldn't be acts of mass murder, you're fooling yourself.

Reactions: Crayfish57

But if you think if guns disappeared tomorrow there wouldn't be acts of mass murder, you're fooling yourself.
There would be a lot less acts of mass murder!

Is it a coincidence that states with the highest % of gun ownership have the highest % of deaths from guns? I don't think so.

One of my best friends is a recently retired cop here. He said standard practice for cops is to go in immediately, as fast as humanly possible, to stop the shooter. You don't wait. You don't even think about waiting. First to arrive goes straight in
I spoke to three cops in last two days, one is federal. They’re all completely flummoxed. Confirmed that protocol is Go Go Go.

Something I saw today that made me cringe. The opening to Obi Wan(released today)had scenes of the Jedi temple being attacked. Teachers fighting the bad guys killing children. Typical Hollywood. Probably won’t get any mention either.
Well that’s the story. You’d have wanted them to hold off on releasing it?

I actually agree that there would still be a few acts of mass murder without guns. But big deal.

That's still no reason to oppose more rigorous gun control, so why even bring it up (as you did) ??

You brought it up for some political reason.

You brought it up.

You brought it up. Why?

Hopefully police organizations will reengage in support of an assault weapons ban. LEOs shouldn't be in situations where they are badly outgunned. Doesn't excuse the negligence here, but it's another aspect of the problem with these weapons.
I’d have to imagine most honest LEOs would tell you in private that civilians shouldn’t have military grade hardware.

I actually agree that there would still be a few acts of mass murder without guns. But big deal.

That's still no reason to oppose more rigorous gun control, so why even bring it up (as you did) ??

You brought it up for some political reason.

You brought it up.

You brought it up. Why?
Brought what up?

Reactions: Lucy01
There would be a lot less acts of mass murder!

Is it a coincidence that states with the highest % of gun ownership have the highest % of deaths from guns? I don't think so.
As I pointed out, it only takes 1 Oklahoma city to equal 15 Uvaldes.

But feel free to ignore that little tidbit.

As I said.

I'm glad you agree with my post.

Please reread your Post 805 and stop denying you wrote it.

In other words, be a man.
Deny it? No, I"m proud of it. What's your problem with it? That it's factual?

"I never said do nothing. The opposite, in fact.

But if you think if guns disappeared tomorrow there wouldn't be acts of mass murder, you're fooling yourself."

**** cnn for interviewing a damn 11 year old about this horrible act.
[/QUOTE]
The media is garbage. We don't need to hear interviews from 11 year olds. I like how in sports they stopped showing the prick who runs onto the field.

Well that’s the story. You’d have wanted them to hold off on releasing it?
They could’ve removed that part and it wouldn’t change the series. It’s bad taste and don’t think for a minute if a conservative outlet put it out they would’ve been blasted for it. It’s very hypocritical.

Reactions: DANC
Deny it? No, I"m proud of it. What's your problem with it? That it's factual?

"I never said do nothing. The opposite, in fact.

But if you think if guns disappeared tomorrow there wouldn't be acts of mass murder, you're fooling yourself."
No reply, @Stuffshot ?

Come on, be a man and say what your problem with my post is.

They could’ve removed that part and it wouldn’t change the series. It’s bad taste and don’t think for a minute if a conservative outlet put it out they would’ve been blasted for it. It’s very hypocritical.
I mean it’s the basic story of what happened to the Jedi. It was shown in Episode III also. This is a strange argument.

It’s amazing that when the Biden administration starts getting bad press, we have a mass shooting!

@DANC -- Keep laughing - you got nothing.
I agree it would work, but to what extent and at what trade off?

I don’t prefer an Aussie/ ChiComm style society where jackboots can force me to stay in my home the next time we have a bad flu season.

Are you talking about simply a ban of semi-automatic rifles? That would maybe drop the death toll slightly on these mass shootings, but wouldn’t really do much for overall gun deaths.

Or a ban of all guns? In that the case see Aussie/ ChiComm comment.

You don’t want 2024 Trump coming door to door making MAGA purity checks on an unarmed society any more than I want the Fauci police telling me I must take the MonkeyPox vaccine.

Every autocrat whoever was an autocrat, first went for guns.

Or do you think the tyrannical government angle is played out and not relevant anymore?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT