ADVERTISEMENT

Am I the only one who doesn't get the Amy Schumer thing?

I think she is funny, but I can how someone (especially a conservative weenus) can find her not funny. She is not in the same league as Tina Fey, Sarah Silverman, Amy Poehler, but she is funny.

She's not even close to being funny.

She's okay. She either can't or chooses not to do a lot outside the stereotypical material for female stand-ups (i.e. be self-deprecating and make jokes about how you're slutty). I think at the moment she's artificially propped up a bit to defend the social debate that women are funny.

You consider those 3 funny......that's funny
I'm sure they'd be happy to know that somebody of your "intellect" doesn't find them funny. SNL's writers haven't come up with anything even remotely funny since they left. I realize that you don't find anything funny that doesn't begin with the name Ernest.

Reactions: burnthemallralphie
She's not the funniest female comic out there, but she's got some chops. But she does seem to focus a lot of energy on cliche female topics. Expanding her repertoire wouldn't be a bad idea.

She's not even close to being funny.
I think she's hilarious....maybe females think she is funny and guys don't? Don't know, but I love her and most of my friends do,

You consider those 3 funny......that's funny

wow, I'd put Tina Fey up against anyone as a comedy writer. She's one of my crushes. Intelligent, funny, and hot.

Silverman is probably an acquired taste since much of her work is cynical/sarcastic in nature. She's definitely one of your offensive comedians. I don't rate her with Fey but I like that style of humor on occasion.

Schumer I've watch a couple episodes of her show and just scratched my head. I'll give it a bit more time but I'm not holding out too much hope. I also should lookup some of her stand-up to see how I like it, assuming she does stand-up.

I enjoyed Poehler on the SNL news desk but I'm not a big fan of her show "Parks and Rec". I found "Community" and "30 Rock" funny from the start, especially 30 Rock. They nailed it right from the first show.

I watch everything online, I've cut the cable so to speak, except for internet access.

Saw Schumer stand up in Las Vegas in April. She was a B- in my eyes. The problem I have with her is she plays the fat and ugly girl too much since she is not fat and ugly. She is a little chubby but nothing crazy to make fun of herself with. She tries too hard to be hardcore when she doesn't need to be. Her timing on jokes is great, no need to make shit up like she is fat and over the top.

Wife ran into her in a bathroom in Vegas and she was very nice as she took a pic with wife.

But as for funny..........for a girl she is good. However, there aren't many girls that are funny. Tina Fey....as many of you wrote.....is much funnier.

Saw Schumer stand up in Las Vegas in April. She was a B- in my eyes. The problem I have with her is she plays the fat and ugly girl too much since she is not fat and ugly. She is a little chubby but nothing crazy to make fun of herself with. She tries too hard to be hardcore when she doesn't need to be. Her timing on jokes is great, no need to make shit up like she is fat and over the top.

Wife ran into her in a bathroom in Vegas and she was very nice as she took a pic with wife.

But as for funny..........for a girl she is good. However, there aren't many girls that are funny. Tina Fey....as many of you wrote.....is much funnier.

"For a girl" lol

Reactions: burnthemallralphie
You hit the nail on the head, money. SHe is not funny, and frankly, I don't think there are too many funny women in Hollywood right now. Sarah Silverman is the only one that comes to mind and that's prob because I want to bone her.

Reactions: C-$
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT